Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 10:49 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,370,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
To become President of the United States of America, to become Secretary of State, to become VP. Palin quit to become an entertainer. Now who was the selfish one?
Casper
I thought she quit in order to become the most popular person on Twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Your entire thread was Ignorant, but then again, EVERYTHING you post fits that label...
Pretty much. She's claims that his supporters are the bots but yet she can't post without talking about them.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:53 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Nope, she did not quit.

SHE HAD HER LAW LICENSE "TAKEN" AWAY!!!

ITS CALLED REVOKED.

I would much rather quit then be FIRED like she was.
She did not!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Quitting is quitting..why are you trying to split hairs on this? To protect the MESS-iah?
ummm, no, quitting is not quitting. When you get elected to a different office, obviously you have to quit the first one. Sarah did not get elected to a different office. She has no job that I know of currently. She quit to make $$ "writing" a book and doing speaking engagements. selfish. pure and simple.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Why is it always about race with you racist lefties?
Did you miss this part? to be fair, i think palin is wearing some kind of inuit traditional garb in that photo

Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Why is it always about race with you racist lefties?
Race? It's a statement of fact addressing the stated but mistaken belief that the clothes are some Iuit garb that an Alaskan governor would be expected to wear.

Shake it up, baby. Way to do that right-wing twist.....

Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,013 times
Ok so now we know you can lie to the American people and tell them you only want to be a senator for them. That you wont quit to run for president and then you can quit long as you are taking another job higher up then senator.

Only then can you quit and lie to the american people lmboooooooooo

Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
eh, as evidenced elsewhere i can't stand palin, but i can't fault her for acknowledging a large minority in her state through her dress, even if it is pretty fugly.
No. It just isn't done.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:39 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,670,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
No. It just isn't done.
what do you mean it isn't done?

metakalaltla (sorry i don't remember the spelling) made a good point about how inappropriate it is for her to wear that outfit considering how badly her government treats the inuits. but focusing on the fact that her outfit is ugly or that it's "not done" is just petty. it reminds me of the people on the right who constantly go on about michelle obama's legs being thick or calling her ugly or making fun of her clothes.

i'm sorry, we probably agree about most political issues, but i think the national debate should be elevated beyond this kind of mudslinging, even when it's coming from my own side.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Ok so now we know you can lie to the American people and tell them you only want to be a senator for them. That you wont quit to run for president and then you can quit long as you are taking another job higher up then senator.

Only then can you quit and lie to the american people lmboooooooooo
Are you talking about Hillary? The thing I never liked about her is that she moved to NY just to be their senator. In any case, that doesn't change the fact that Sarah quit for no apparent good reason. She didn't even finish one whole term. If you voted for her for governor, would that be ok with you? It wouldn't be ok with me.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
lol You are aware democrats also have those little allowances also. You think Michelle Obama had a personal stylist before her husband ran for president lmbo double standard here party of a bunch
You read into that a hit that just wasn't there. Any criticism you think you see of the Republican Party providing Sarah Palin with a clothing allowance is a product of your imagination. I think it's pretty clear why they did and I find no fault with them for it. No double standard here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies