Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:35 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Cap and Trade is the most cost effective pollution control program ever implemented and we have the Republicans to thank for it.

Cap & Trade won't cost me much as I've already shifted my electric consumption to a carbon free footprint.
What do you think electricty is made of? Popcicles? I love how the eco whackos want us to plug in cars yet they have no idea where or how this increased electricty is created. We're not using nuclear power. So, what do you think? Duh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 01:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
What do you think electricty is made of? Popcicles? I love how the eco whackos want us to plug in cars yet they have no idea where or how this increased electricty is created. We're not using nuclear power. So, what do you think? Duh.
Actually about 20% of our countries electricity comes from a Nuclear source. Along with 7% from hydro electric. less than 50% is coal power, but its still the largest provider.

However, we could start building Nuclear reactors today, and be down to about 30% coal within the next 10 years, if the eco freaks would get off of their Three Mile Island horse. TMI was a success, all of the saftey features worked, and prevented a meltdown, or contamination.

Of course, the coal industry can't have that, so they are lobbying congress to keep Nuclear from becoming our main stable.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Gross ignorance of Economics 101. The market over consumes a free good. CO2 has to be priced or we will have too much of it. See Milton Friedman.
Gross ignorance of Economics 101, exactly but it would be your ignorance. If wind is cheaper than coal CO2 by default is already more expensive.

Here's your video:

YouTube - ACÏŸDC- Shot Down in Flames........ literally!

Old 09-02-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Of course, the coal industry can't have that, so they are lobbying congress to keep Nuclear from becoming our main stable.
You can put the blame for that squarely on the energy bill as it stands now. Nuclear plants and hydro will not count towards the mandates.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:16 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Actually about 20% of our countries electricity comes from a Nuclear source. Along with 7% from hydro electric. less than 50% is coal power, but its still the largest provider.

However, we could start building Nuclear reactors today, and be down to about 30% coal within the next 10 years, if the eco freaks would get off of their Three Mile Island horse. TMI was a success, all of the saftey features worked, and prevented a meltdown, or contamination.

It's not the environmentalist who have nuclear stopped, it's board of directors of utilities afraid of the potential capital costs.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Take the highlighted sentence into you English teacher tomorrow. It makes no sense.
It's "your" and it doesn't surprise me you can't grasp it.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
"Cap and Trade" - a Fancy name for HUGE TAX INCREASES is going down.

Legislators have been clearly told, around the country, that if they vote for it - they will be voted out of office.

The American people are tired of some of the eco wacko groups foisting false issues to try to control the people -

Old 09-02-2009, 05:08 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
The last time I checked Xcel Energy had close to double Mid American Energy's wind capacity, but Mid American is doing a good job. It's also owned by Warren Buffet.

People are free to assemble and speak their minds all they want -- a la the tea-baggers. There's no obligation for a Congressman or Senator to allow AstroTurf organizations to pack a meeting designed to communicate with his constituents.

I think that Mid America's leadership is by % of power generated by alternative energy. It is great to see the wind mills going up. I would just like to see a few more nuclear power plants and a little more geothermal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies