Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 AM

487 posts, read 636,172 times

Advertisements

I see latina moms strolling around their 3, 4, even 5 kids all the time yet no one bats an eyelid. Its only a problem when whites do it apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
After 18 children, Michelle Duggar thought she knew what it feels like to be pregnant. But even she was caught by surprise to learn that just eight months after she gave birth to Jordyn-Grace, Duggar baby No. 19 is on the way.

“We are thrilled to announce that we found out we’re expecting our 19th child,” a glowing Michelle Duggar told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira Tuesday from the family’s home in Springdale, Ark.

Arkansas family prepares for baby No. 19 - Parenting & Family

I have no further interest in this family. They have a 'right' to live according to their religious beliefs but Michelle Duggar should stop having children. She will soon become a grandmother, not to mention the ??8 or more children undrer ??12?? that she needs to care for and educate.

I am so glad my religious beliefs don't require me to 'bring forth life' just because I can.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:49 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
I see latina moms strolling around their 3, 4, even 5 kids all the time yet no one bats an eyelid. Its only a problem when whites do it apparently.
3 is not 19.
4 " " "
5 " " "

Way to be racist.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:38 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
3 is not 19.
4 " " "
5 " " "

Way to be racist.
The point, which you choose to miss, is that there is a taboo on criticizing non whites who make truly irresponsible choices. How many hispanics have 5 children AND are on welfare? How many black women have 6 children, all by different fathers who are in prison? Pull your head out of the sand and answer that (since you can't, I'll answer for you: A LOT).

You choose to single out a married, white, middle class, Christian family for contempt and judgment.
Moderator cut: personal attack

Old 09-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Fan

65 posts, read 206,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Quite the opposite. They are VERY educated
After having 18 kids how did she NOT KNOW she is pregnant?

Old 09-02-2009, 10:43 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan View Post
4-5 weeks pregnant?

Many women don't realize until they are much further along.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:44 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
what does that have to do with the duggar family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
How many black women have 6 children, all by different fathers who are in prison? Pull your head out of the sand and answer that (since you can't, I'll answer for you: A LOT).
how do you know this? Do you go up to black women and say "excuse me I see that you have 6 kids here...do they all have different fathers? Really? And they're all in prison, correct?" I know A LOT of black women and not ONE of them fit into the little box that you painted. If you know A LOT of them it's probably because you are one one of them so you should probably pull your head out of where ever it is and stop trying to make this a racist issue when it's not.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:45 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan View Post
At 4 / 5 / 6 weeks, it is quite feasible that a woman would not know she was / is pregnant.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
The point, which you choose to miss, is that there is a taboo on criticizing non whites who make truly irresponsible choices. How many hispanics have 5 children AND are on welfare? How many black women have 6 children, all by different fathers who are in prison? Pull your head out of the sand and answer that (since you can't, I'll answer for you: A LOT).

You choose to single out a married, white, middle class, Christian family for contempt and judgment.
Moderator cut: personal attack
This is about the Duggar's. Not a place for your racist blathering.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:15 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
There are two reasons, the response I gave that you quoted was in response to another poster who brought up religion.

The second is because there have been numerous posters calling these people religious zealots. I think that is the nub of the objection on the left. This knee jerk hatred of religion. Had they been a trangender couple, the left would be running to their defense.

They are not consuming excessively. Each person in the family consumes what a normal person consumes. As I have proven the US population growth is 2.1 which is replacement. So you can relax with respect to your concern that we may run out of something because of the Duggars.
Well, I have no concern about their religion, only the impacts of their actions.

And the point is that, even if each individual consumes a normal amount, collectively they are consuming a massive amount more than most families.

And focusing on just the U.S. population rate ignores the exponentially increasing (i.e. hockey stick) population growth that is a MAJOR global concern.

We all need to do our part because it is our responsibility and our freedom.

...and, yes, that includes single moms popping out kids every 2 years to stay on welfare ... but that's not what this thread is about. It's about people of an adequate socioeconomic level to have an awareness of their impact on the world (poor people don't generally grasp that, as is evidenced by the massive families in India).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies