Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

but what do you think happens to the animals that you get your meat from?

Ever been to a slaughterhouse?
It's unsanitary and brutal.

This negative energy is in all of the food you eat, along with hormones.

The further removed you are from the actual kill, the less you are aware of the unspeakable cruelty that goes into a meat supply.
Meat doesn't come from little packets, it comes from animals that suffer greatly for your meal.

Why would you eat meat at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 07:15 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I don't know much about hens, chickens and roosters but it would seem to be that Republicans who are so dead set against abortion should never eat eggs because an egg is really a "chicken abortion" isn't it? Isn't the yoke a little baby chicken? So you are effectively eating an aborted fetus, right?
Ummm,no.

A chicken egg is normally unfertilised hence no chicken in there...

what did they teach y'all in school????

Old 09-02-2009, 07:18 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,668,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Ummm,no.

A chicken egg is normally unfertilised hence no chicken in there...

what did they teach y'all in school????
yup.

like i said earlier, it's a chicken's period. seriously.

although sometimes eggs from small farms where the roosters and hens hang out are fertilized. in that case it's an involuntary abortion! the horror!

Old 09-02-2009, 07:24 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
When we had chickens we had both hens and roosters,we ate the eggs,one thing you soon discover about roosters is they quite enjoy....'fertilising the hens'....

Anyway as to the video,I have no need to watch it and as has been already stated it is a consequence of egg production not meat production.

Rooster chicks become meat normally,although we being soft hearted newbies allowed ours to live out their lives.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:31 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
I don't know much about hens, chickens and roosters but it would seem to be that Republicans who are so dead set against abortion should never eat eggs because an egg is really a "chicken abortion" isn't it? Isn't the yoke a little baby chicken? So you are effectively eating an aborted fetus, right?
Oh for christs sake KevK ---- the eggs at the grocery store are not fertilized. A more accurate and disgusting ananlogy would be we are all eating a hens menstrual cycle. A little interspecies 'red wing' action if you will....

Old 09-02-2009, 07:32 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
My free range hens died of natural causes. I never ate them. Never needed a rooster. Eggs were great. No fertility, no chicks. Just eggs for my family.
Until all of the hens die off!

Old 09-02-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Hens lay eggs with no rooster. The rooster can fertilize the egg if he's around, but hens lay eggs no matter what. I bought baby chicks through the mail.
You had baby chicks shipped to you in a confined little little box in the back of a HOT truck? How cruel of YOU.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
It's only a fetus if it has been fertilize....

Old 09-02-2009, 07:39 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Wait wait, I'm still waiting for an explanation of how the eggs are fertilized AFTER they've been laid, lol.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:51 AM

18,355 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
Any evidence to back up that claim? Because skinning and boiling live dogs and cats is indeed happening in China. You may not want to think it's true and tell yourself that it's just a ploy from animal welfare organisations to get your money, but it is reality, as incomprehensible and repulsive as it may seem. You can help stop it by supporting Animals Asia or the WSPA and by writing your senators and the Chinese ambassador about this issue.
The video is quite clearly severely edited, apart from the obvious fact that skinning alive a furbearer is dangerous and leads to damaging the fur. Latest Shock Video (http://www.furcommission.com/news/newsF08q.htm - broken link)

I trap wild furbearers. You couldn't pay me to skin an animal alive, for the obvious cruelty reasons, and the fact it's incredibly dangerous and leads to fur damage.

Not the first time this has been falsified. The supposed video of a seal being skinned alive in the 60's as part of the campaign to end marine mammal imports from Canada, was a person paid to torment the animal by an animal rights group: "Snuff" Films (http://www.furcommission.com/news/newsC7.htm - broken link)

"Following a public outcry and investigation, the man in the film, Gus Poirier of Prince Edward Island, signs an affidavit declaring that he was "employed by a group of photographers ... to skin a large seal for the film. I solemnly swear before witnesses that I was asked to torment the said seal and not to use a [club], but just to use a knife to carry out this operation, where in normal practice a [club] is used to first kill the seals before skinning them." A Federal Standing Committee castigated CBC "for not enquiring into its accuracy before screening," but the damage had been done."

And your last statement about sums it up...it's done to milk money out of people shoscked by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies