Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Did you even bother to read what I actually wrote, or just had an indignation in search of a posting???

Supporting Obama is not the same thing as advocating education. As I clearly stated in multiple postings about this topic, if his speech is about things such as personal responsibility then that is fine. If it gets into a marketing pitch for Obama, it isn't.
I have an idea kids....hows about instead of having prearranged hysterics over his speech, you shut up & wait to actually hear his speech. That sounds like the mature thing to do, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 10:04 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I have an idea kids....hows about instead of having prearranged hysterics over his speech, you shut up & wait to actually hear his speech. That sounds like the mature thing to do, doesn't it?
Reading it prior to being delivered is what I have been advocating, histrionics seems to be coming from those who believe critical evaluation isn't important.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:06 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
Wow, so you guys are really & truly frightened of Obama, aren't you? You truly think that he is so powerful that he can influence people w/in a 15 minute time frame, just with his words. That ROCKS!!
Kind of how you lefties were so up in arms over Bush and blamed him for everything?

Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Reading it prior to being delivered is what I have been advocating, histrionics seems to be coming from those who believe critical evaluation isn't important.
You're serious? Wow, you must be in denial. All the hysteria has been coming from the right. Totally completely deluded hysteria. I'm starting to think the water's been tampered with, there's no other explanation for the madness that's been occurring.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:08 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
And this dillweed would be the first to stand up and support group prayer in school...
And you lefties would only be opposed to prayer in school if it was a Christian prayer....I'll bet none of you would object to Muslim, Buddhist, or Wiccan prayers.....you would consider that "diversity."

Old 09-04-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
And you lefties would only be opposed to prayer in school if it was a Christian prayer....I'll bet none of you would object to Muslim, Buddhist, or Wiccan prayers.....you would consider that "diversity."
Wiccan prayers......I think praying to mother earth would be right up my alley.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Quote:
You're serious? Wow, you must be in denial. All the hysteria has been coming from the right. Totally completely deluded hysteria. I'm starting to think the water's been tampered with, there's no other explanation for the madness that's been occurring.
You must be selectively reading this thread, my response was to the below posting, and I think the indignation is coming from your side here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/10606013-post445.html

Old 09-04-2009, 10:13 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
It's so cute how jealous people are now.

Conservatives have been yelling for forever that inner city children should work hard and pull themselves up by the bootstraps, and none ever listened. Now, the first Black president will deliver the message in a way that they can't, and claim credit for the resulting impact.
Never thought of that, but you just night be right Mr. Beale. Exactly so.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
You must be selectively reading this thread, my response was to the below posting, and I think the indignation is coming from your side here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/10606013-post445.html
Yeah, I can read. I know exactly what you were responding to. That doesn't alleviate the fact that there is much ado about nothing going on from the right. You're denying the hysteria? All you have to do is read almost every single post on this forum.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:14 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I yam not letting mah children watch dis Obama. He is gonna endocrinanate my kids into wearin Burkas. I bet the kids will be forced to salute like Hitler and say "Ohio!" like in World War two. Please, everyone, join me to rally against this speech.

Thank you,

Mr. Archie Bunker.
Now that's ^^ funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies