Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times

Advertisements

On Sept. 8, 2009, Obama will address America's School Children Across The Entire Nation

Learn what is required by the students' teachers before and after Obama's Address. Please do your own research.

President Obama̢۪s Address to Students Across America September 8, 2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
I guess my kids will be out that day.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:16 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
More mass marketing from the Obama brain trust.
Use the children to get what you need from the parents.
It's why McDonalds offers Happy Meals.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:17 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
It's why McDonalds offers Happy Meals.
Seriously. Get the McDouble for the Kids. Double the burger for half the price (and fries)!

Old 09-01-2009, 09:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I guess my kids will be out that day.
I am glad my kids are old enough to be at work that day because I wouldn't want them being exposed to that Pelosi. I would have to keep them out of school that day if they were in, also.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:19 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Seriously. Get the McDouble for the Kids. Double the burger for half the price (and fries)!
Thanks ***belch***

Old 09-01-2009, 09:20 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
On Sept. 8, 2009, Obama will address America's School Children Across The Entire Nation

Learn what is required by the students' teachers before and after Obama's Address. Please do your own research.

President Obama’s Address to Students Across America September 8, 2009
So what is bad about it? I looked at the activity menu and it just says things lilke "discuss the office of President, what it takes to become the President ect". I didn't see anything in there that should scare anybody- even the rightist nutcases but most of them probably homseschool anyway so it does not really matter.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
You can bet the TV's will be off in my kids school.

Even the teachers who backed him all along are now against him.

What can he say to kids that means anything when everyone knows he is using the kids to get back his popularity he once had.

Someone please tell the village idiot the kids do not trust him either!

Obama does not do something for nothing, he wants something out of this but guess what? we are not going give him a chance to screw up the kids like he has the country.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
So what is bad about it? I looked at the activity menu and it just says things lilke "discuss the office of President, what it takes to become the President ect". I didn't see anything in there that should scare anybody- even the rightist nutcases but most of them probably homseschool anyway so it does not really matter.
Not sure if im missing something or if this is posted somewhere else.

What exactly is the President going to ask them to do?

Seeing some of his policies Im not quite sure I want him asking my son to do ANYTHING.

Same thing goes for what he is trying to tell him.

What exactly is he asking the students to do?

Im not against a President speaking to students but that link seems a bit strange. Very vague. I don't have a problem with my son listening to the President but what exactly is he going to be listening to?

I would love to see a link for details as Im calling the school about this tomorrow.

Im also wondering why it is important that we listen to the office of the President and other officials. Didn't seem to important before January of this year or at the very least November of last year.

Something about this just seems strange.

Is there going to be anyone in the classroom to address things that might be questionable?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
I don't see a problem. I don't see any 'requirements'. I see the words 'can' and 'could' which implies the actions are optional as opposed to the words 'shall' and 'should' which implies the actions are mandatory.

This is a learning opportunity. In order for people make the government work for them they need to know how the government works. And if they don't like how the goverment works, reject what it is doing and change it. Using the burger analogy, you can't order the burger the way you want it until you know how they make the burger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies