Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:15 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Thank you! All the left wing did for the last 8 years is do everything in thier power to make sure as many of our soldiers died in Afghanistan and Iraq just so they could blame Bush. Outrageous!
Oh really? How did they do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 02:55 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,431,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
OMG it has to go that far before you see the light? Just typical. Just like the evangelicals who really thought Bush was anti-abortion. Yeah, they were duped and it took them FOREVER to get it.
It's not about seeing any light. It's a sarcasm.....in the sense that anything seems to be fair play in the media now. Criticism needs to be made without insults and accusations that have no factual basis for making them.

On the other hand, accusing the media of trying to get someone killed, is going overboard. If someone tries to assassinate the president, it's for reasons other than what Beck says on his show.....they either have some kind of a cause they believe in or they're crazy (which in most cases I guess is the same thing). John Hinkley tried to kill Reagan for Jodi Foster and she didn't say anything about Reagan....he was just nuts.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The movie you are talking about was a British film.
As I said in my other post, my comment is mainly sarcasm with regards to what the media has come to now but, the fact that it was a British film doesn't change anything....it was filmed in Chicago and people bought tickets to watch it in U.S. theaters.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:21 PM

37,068 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
As I said in my other post, my comment is mainly sarcasm with regards to what the media has come to now but, the fact that it was a British film doesn't change anything....it was filmed in Chicago and people bought tickets to watch it in U.S. theaters.
You were talking about it like it is a propaganda film from the left wing.

Just wanted to point out to all the folks at home who may be confused that it is not.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandata View Post
Obama sat in the pew of an anti-white racist for 20 years. What does that tell you? What did he absorb? Why did Obama sit there? Why did he have Rev. Wright baptize his children???? Beck isn't wrong. Savage is.

Michele Bachmann says this at a townhall meeting concerning killing the healthcare reform bill:

Quote:
“That’s really where this battle will be won — on our knees in prayer and fasting,” she told the listeners. “Remember: faith without works is dead. So we’re asking you to do all of it: pray, fast, believe, trust the Lord, but also act.”
Yes, let’s pray that millions of Americans continue to be denied adequate medical care!

And you criticize Obama for having his children baptized!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:30 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,953,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandata View Post
Obama sat in the pew of an anti-white racist for 20 years. What does that tell you? What did he absorb? Why did Obama sit there? Why did he have Rev. Wright baptize his children???? Beck isn't wrong. Savage is.
Let's you and I start a different thread on why or why not the Rev.Wright is racist or hates this counrty.

In your reply why don't you post a link or even para-phrase he has said that was "anti-white".

You are on the adult forum now! Time to prove your point instead of regurgitating what you have heard from certain republicans and court jesters who give you fox news and balanced news!

Why did Obama sit there?

Get ready you won't kile this, you may even wet your pants!

The Black Value System:
Trinity - BLACK VALUE SYSTEM

"...Our History

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.."

Still waiting on the "kill whitey" part?
Sorry to disappoint you but it's not there and never has been!

Last edited by reconmark; 09-02-2009 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: removing controversial comments.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You were talking about it like it is a propaganda film from the left wing.

Just wanted to point out to all the folks at home who may be confused that it is not.
I didn't say anything about politics, the left wing, the right wing or any other wing. In fact I didn't mention the film title (or that I was even talking about it.....I was though). You assumed my post was political and that I was talking about it as left wing propoganda....and you know what happens when you assume......

The original post was that there are those in the media are trying to get the president killed. Although that's a bit too much drama for me, I do think criticism from the media towards public figures has gotten way out of hand with regards to the way it's being given....a lot of insults and unfounded accusations.

When it come to the movie, "Death of a President" (this is another area where things have become lax IMO), it's described as a fictional documentary. There was a time when people would have said that description makes no sense, how can it be fictional if it's a documentary. I think a lot of people still think that way about documentaries too.....that they're based on facts. That's certainly not the case any Moore....oops....I mean any more (lol). This movie is obviously fictional and no one disputes that because everyone knows Bush wasn't assassinated. Other documentaries like Moore's or Stone's are not always pure non-fiction and yet they're not described as fictional documentaries......just documentaries. Since there's nothing blatantly fictional in them (like an assassination that hasn't happened), some people are willing to accept everything contained in them is purely factual (and absent of any political preference too).

Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,074,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
"The Michelle Bachmans and Glenn Becks of the World are trying to get the President killed."

I could not agree more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
These people are demented and the way that they are spewing venom against Obama is proving how little they want to see any good come out of his Presidency. They are willing to undermine this nation just to see him fail.

You sure you are not talking about the demented left wingers and Bush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
One look no further than their reaction to Kennedy's death from brain cancer where they rose up and squealed with glee for days on end. They celebrated his death. Anybody who thinks this mindset is exclusive to Ted Kennedy it sadly mistaken.

Old Heretic Harry Reid was celebrating Kennedy's death saying it would help the Democrats or did you want to ignore that truth. Death has always been a love of the lefts.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:43 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,450,496 times
BY THE WAY:

For any of you wanting some comic relief, use Google to search for "morons holding signs" and enjoy.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:44 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
BY THE WAY:

For any of you wanting some comic relief, use Google to search for "morons holding signs" and enjoy.
I'm sorry, but I only use conservative search engines!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies