Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: GOP: Hypocrites? Or completely ignorant about the policies they backed for the last eight years?
Unapologetic hypocrites 15 34.09%
Unaware of the policies they supported for the last eight years 7 15.91%
Both 22 50.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:59 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,108,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I can see a lot of really depserate Paul's out there who have so far managed to avoid complete catastrophe thanks to the additional support and assistance they have been receiving. But who are all these Peter's that you believe to exist around the country? Where are they hiding? I know that I'm way up the old income ladder here, and I haven't been asked to cough up a single extra penny. In fact, I've seen my tax withholding GO DOWN, even though I'll have to give all that back come Spring. So who are these people whose welfare you are so concerned over again???
Do I really need to explain who Peter is? Is it possible for the liberal set to have at least one ounce of foresight? While you're stuck living in the moment, millions of children across this nation are facing an unbearable financial burden, simply because liberals are incapable of exercising a minute amount of long-sightedness. Just because many American's couldn't live within their means and bought up everything they could with credit, doesnt' mean our government has to follow the same path. While taking care of Paul is noble, robbing Peter to do it is not the answer. But it will happen, bet on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 10:16 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,459,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The gullibility of the left, whether it is contrived in their own pea-brains, or from MSNBC, is staggering.
The presumptiveness of some people on the right is far more staggering. The massive earnings on TARP and other bailout investments will go into the Treasury General Fund. There, they do not go to "pay off the debt" but to whatever purposes Congress chooses to put them to. There are objects smaller than peas. Perhaps it is the fact that some on the right have poppyseed-brains that is causing all this confusion...

Old 09-02-2009, 10:17 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,757,135 times
Quote:
Do I really need to explain who Peter is? Is it possible for the liberal set to have at least one ounce of foresight? While you're stuck living in the moment, millions of children across this nation are facing an unbearable financial burden, simply because liberals are incapable of exercising a minute amount of long-sightedness.
Yes, you do have to explain who Peter is because some (many?) seem to apply only rudimentary thinking abilities.

Quote:
While taking care of Paul is noble, robbing Peter to do it is not the answer.
That cannot be said frequently enough!
Defeat the Debt

Old 09-02-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The presumptiveness of some people on the right is far more staggering. The massive earnings on TARP and other bailout investments will go into the Treasury General Fund. There, they do not go to "pay off the debt" but to whatever purposes Congress chooses to put them to. There are objects smaller than peas. Perhaps it is the fact that some on the right have poppyseed-brains that is causing all this confusion...
That is...unless Barney Frank has his say in the matter.

Last Friday, Frank introduced the "TARP for Main Street Act of 2009," a bill that would take profits from the program and immediately redirect them toward housing proposals favored by Frank and some fellow Democrats.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Barney-Frank--49649362.html (broken link)

Old 09-02-2009, 12:46 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,458,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Sorry but the biggest conservative complaint about GW Bush during his presidency was always spending.
Funny, I never heard a peep from the "conservatives" about Bush's spending until Obama was in office. Then of course they were all against it. Like I said: Disingenuous, and zero integrity.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
While you're stuck living in the moment, millions of children across this nation are facing an unbearable financial burden, simply because liberals are incapable of exercising a minute amount of long-sightedness.
Oh the children!!!

This is precisely what I'm talking about. Where were you during the last eight years? Where you talking about the children then? Oh the poor children!!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The key difference is what Obama is spending it on. Saganista is right: "Bush spent money hand over fist when he had no reason. Obama is spending money hand over fist when he has no choice." Oh, I see that was in a reply to you
Well of course they lie and say that "Obama wants government to be in everything", in reality he's saving their ungrateful ass from the second depression.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post

Obama is going down a much more dangerous path, not just in spending and increased size of government, but in the attempted "reorganization" of Constitutional freedoms and rule of law.
Like what? What in the world are you talking about?

Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Well not surprising your poll is obnoxiously bias. How about a choice for those that ARE conservative that disagreed with Bush's spending?
Hmm, YOU are talking about bias, now that's funny.

I would have put an option in there for those conservatives who were against Bush's spending....if I ever heard one complain about it.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Oh the children!!!

This is precisely what I'm talking about. Where were you during the last eight years? Where you talking about the children then? Oh the poor children!!!!!
Have you actually even looked at the debt numbers? Do you even understand why your argument is hollow? Math SLC...it's called math. Addition and subtraction to be specific. When you do that math, maybe, just maybe you'll have a lightbulb moment.

Here are a few details that may help you fill that hollow void in your argument:
UPDATE: Many Obama defenders in the comments are claiming that the numbers above do not include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. They most certainly do. While Bush did fund the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process), that spending did not simply vanish. It is included in the numbers above. Also, some Obama defenders are claiming the graphic above represents biased Heritage Foundation numbers. While we stand behind the numbers we put out 100%, the numbers, and the graphic itself, above are from the Washington Post. We originally left out the link to WaPo. It has been now been added.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/...t-in-pictures/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies