Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:00 AM

674 posts, read 1,619,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
From time to time you hear someone say what a lovely lady Bachmann is. I wonder if they ever thought of slitting their wrist and rubbing up against her open sore.

Bachmann calls for 'covenant' to defeat health care overhaul | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/56676527.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4OW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUUT - broken link)

OK she wins she's bimbo of the year.

Slit wrists? Could she start with herself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 07:04 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Who me, it is estimated that law suits against health care practitioners cost everyone about 750 dollars a year in premiums.So that is no small number.I agree with you that the insurance companies need reined in and they are no angels.I would rather see some regulation being added such as pre existing conditions and some taken away like buying insurance across state lines.
My self,I am more of a state rights type and think the problem could be handled better at the state level where it is closer to the people.And constitutional I might add.I have been reading about some co op ideas and at the state level it could work out.But to hand over 1/6th of our economy over to the incompetent federal gvt does not seem like a good idea.
If you consider that SSI and Medicare are going to be insolvent in the very near future do you really want the feds running your health care?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
Who me, it is estimated that law suits against health care practitioners cost everyone about 750 dollars a year in premiums.So that is no small number.I agree with you that the insurance companies need reined in and they are no angels.I would rather see some regulation being added such as pre existing conditions and some taken away like buying insurance across state lines.
My self,I am more of a state rights type and think the problem could be handled better at the state level where it is closer to the people.And constitutional I might add.I have been reading about some co op ideas and at the state level it could work out.But to hand over 1/6th of our economy over to the incompetent federal gvt does not seem like a good idea.
If you consider that SSI and Medicare are going to be insolvent in the very near future do you really want the feds running your health care?
I don't buy the crap about medicare and SSI, they will be fine.

You are another who agrees the insurance companies should be reined in....BY WHO OR WHAT? (NObody has EVER answered that question)

Bachmann? Themselves? The Easter bunny?

Are States handling it?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:33 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
Slit wrists? Could she start with herself?
How open minded and liberal! Wishing someone kills themself.

Good job.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:34 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, she unfortunately is my Rep and has lost her tiny mind , but that was evident here in Minnesota awhile ago. I can't find many who voted for her around my area , or any that will admit to it.
She was the slobbering, married Wh--e who tried to "exchange bodily fluids" with Bush as he walked out of the Senate....that comes from all the praying that she does, I guess.

I have no idea why she hates Americans so much....must be a neocon Fascist thing....
My son lives in Blaine so she represents that area to. Man I can't wait till they redistrict.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
She is still behind you.......
Hopefully about 30 or 40 feet behind me, I sure don't want anyone to think she is with me.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:41 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
My son lives in Blaine so she represents that area to. Man I can't wait till they redistrict.
I can't either....what an embarrassment she is to decent people!
When and how does re-districting take place?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:44 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Bachmann suggested that better methods of overhauling health care would be to "erase" state boundaries for purchasing health insurance and address tort reform.
Remember Jm,Dean told us that there is going to be no tort reform because they did not want to take on the lawyers.Wonder why?
Because that is the second largest group of contributors to the democratic party, after the unions. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Though she made a terrible anology she said a couple of things that make sense such as :
Bachmann suggested that better methods of overhauling health care would be to "erase" state boundaries for purchasing health insurance and address tort reform.
Tell me how selling insurance across state lines will lower costs.

Next time you're sleeping with Bachmann please tell her Minnesota already has tort reform. Guess what it lowered health care costs zero, zip, nada.

Quote:
Remember Jm,Dean told us that there is going to be no tort reform because they did not want to take on the lawyers.Wonder why?
And then here :
Why wonder why.

Quote:
Moving to taxes, Bachmann said that for some Americans, the ratio of tax payments to earned income can reach 50 percent -- compared to 5 percent in 1950.
The top tax rate in the 50's was 90% for individual and 49% for corporate. If Bachmann liked the 50's so much tell her to introduce a bill to bring the tax rates back to where they were.

Quote:
"This is slavery, it's nothing more than slavery," she said. "The Constitution provides freedom."
How would you are other left leaners like to pay 50% of your income?If you feel so compelled why not send the IRS the difference from what you owe and match the 50% ?
Any volunteers?
Now I know you're not that dumb. How much do you think the middle class pays in taxes. with the
fed income tax
payroll taxes
state income tax
sales taxes
property taxes
telephone taxes
gas tax
license tax
registration tax
transfer fees
You get the idea it was so much easier in the 50's when the income tax and the corporate tax paid most of it.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Hey, at least she has a great health plan for any surgeries or transfusions she'll need!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies