Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 09:51 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,556,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I believe hussein obama would love to start a race war in this country to create chaos.
Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what you want him to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

27,212 posts, read 46,712,554 times
I agree with the Op...keep Obama out of the schools. What will be next...his picture up on every wall in the cities?

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times
Quote:
What do you think the elementary schoolers got from George W. Bush reading the "My Pet Goat" story"? They got to see the president of the United States.
Big difference between reading a childrens story to one class and spewing his political rhetoric in his dulcet tones to our children across the nation.

Of course, all the race baiters can see is the color of his skin as the reason to oppose him.

He IS the most divisive president in my lifetime, even compared to the all-consuming hatred of the Left towards Bush.

Although those that oppose him have a legitimate reason - the "change" and "hope" he is using to destroy this great nation.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:53 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,133,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Just for mentioning this it shows that race is the first thing on your mind which makes you a racist!

26,202 posts, read 48,994,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They really are foaming at the mouth, aren't they? Just like a pack of rabid dogs.
"Rabid dogs" is an apt description of all racists. They are apoplectic with rage and hate, just look at their contorted faces while they scream at town hall meetings. They aren't fooling anyone, the issue is race and it shows; no one having a rational discussion of how to fix health care would be bouncing off the walls like those dudes. The divisiveness is being whipped up by GOP dirty tricks operatives who are using these hateful bigots as tools in the politics of "NO."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

25,826 posts, read 20,686,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I absolutely love this comment (yes, I'm being facetious). There's a reason I no longer live in Douglas County. Honestly, what rock does this woman live under?

But, then again, there are idiots on both sides of the fence.
How does one even respond to someone who does not or cannot understand the basic nature of the country she lives in?
How did we get to this point? When I was a kid, it was a given that unless you went to parochial school, there was no Bible, nowhere, nohow in public schools. We still managed to go to church on Sundays and maybe CE on Wednesdays and our faith was never compromised by not being exposed to the Bible in school. And, I gotta say, we acted a heck of lot more like Christians in those days, than people do now.

As for the president being the most divisive in 50 years? How old are you?
People hated Johnson and Nixon and yes, even Kennedy (he was a papist, OMG). Divisive is an atmosphere where it is okay to shoot kids on college campuses, where it is okay to turn fire hoses on people and set dogs on them. Divisive is a president who keeps an 'enemies' file on his opponents.
Divisive is NOT trying to work 'across the aisle', nor is it reaching out to people across the world, regardless of race, religion or gender.
These things are only divisive if you don't agree with them, if you want to continue the 'us vs them' mentality of the last eight years, if you want to believe that the democratic process only works when your candidate wins.

I welcome the President's focus on education just as my parents welcomed President Kennedy's. It seems to me that it has been that long since a president used that 'bully pulpit' to reach out to our youth, to remind them of their potential and the endless possibilities available to them. Too many people want to create a 'dark ages' in this country that honestly never existed. The founders were not anti-education, they were not anti-intellectual - descendants of the Puritans founded Harvard for heaven's sake. Look at the Taliban destroying centuries of art and denying women the right to vote. Is that the model we want to set for ourselves?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:54 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,313,993 times
Quote:
Yes there is a black man in the white hose and he has placed a lot of racist blacks in his administration.
That's because by your logic anyone who is Black is almost automatically a racist. I suspect this says more about YOU than it does about the Blacks in question.

Quote:
Yes I believe hussein obama would love to start a race war in this country to create chaos.
Actually I suspect you are confusing Obama's desires with your own.

Ken

Old 09-03-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Big difference between reading a childrens story to one class and spewing his political rhetoric in his dulcet tones to our children across the nation.

Of course, all the race baiters can see is the color of his skin as the reason to oppose him.

He IS the most divisive president in my lifetime, even compared to the all-consuming hatred of the Left towards Bush.

Although those that oppose him have a legitimate reason - the "change" and "hope" he is using to destroy this great nation.
More divisive than Bill Clinton in the Contract for America days? More than GWB who led us into these wars?

How so?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That's because by your logic anyone who is Black is almost automatically a racist. I suspect this says more about YOU than it does about the Blacks in question.

Actually I suspect you are confusing Obama's desires with your own.

Ken
agree on both

Old 09-03-2009, 09:56 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,701,933 times
Quote:
Yes there is a black man in the white hose and he has placed a lot of racist blacks in his administration. I believe hussein obama would love to start a race war in this country to create chaos. He is a racist himself and it appears every Hussein Obama supporter got a fresh deck of race cards with an endless supply when he was elected.
Good example of the pot calling the kettle "racist."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies