U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:06 AM

6,898 posts, read 6,900,200 times

Advertisements

I don't know this young man, but have to say that I'm very proud of him.

Winning play: Football hero disarms girl on bus - TODAY People
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 10:27 AM

10,535 posts, read 12,542,336 times
A great young man! There is no telling how many people would have a very different day today had he not done what he did. The article says he's one of the top 12 players in the state and an honor roll student. Good for him!

Old 09-03-2009, 10:33 AM

12,229 posts, read 16,905,315 times
This was a great story. Thanks so much for sharing.

What is wrong with kids today? It's scary to think that when you put your children on a school bus another child might shoot for them.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:39 AM

114 posts, read 72,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

Three cheers (and more) for this young man!

I'd like to follow his progress over the years. I see big things in store for someone this brave. To boot, he is not only a star athlete, but very intelligent. Someone for other kids to emulate.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 AM

6,898 posts, read 6,900,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
This was a great story. Thanks so much for sharing.

What is wrong with kids today? It's scary to think that when you put your children on a school bus another child might shoot for them.

Not only the Love and protection of his three siblings on the bus, but he also took on the love and protection of the other children including the bus driver. Its just a feel good story all around.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:44 AM

After reading the entire article, my opinion has changed of this young man.....

He should get a freaking medal!

I hear that he has committed to Mississippi State. I've just become a Mississippi Sate fan. Kaleb Eulls, you're a classy guy.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:44 AM

8,648 posts, read 15,970,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

I saw this morning, brave young man...

And probably saved some of those kids from being hurt..

What did bother me about the story was that the young lady did it because she was tired of being bullied... and was going to get even..

Old 09-03-2009, 10:47 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,374,548 times
Wow - I know that young man's family must be incredibly proud of him! I am just glad that he was not injured in the process.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 09-03-2009, 10:51 AM

This kind of stuff gives you faith in our kids. And yes, Houston, it is disturbing that the girl did it because she was tired of being bullied. But, to have someone like Kaleb intervene, risking his own life to save others (especially with so much potential in his life) is awesome. I hope the young man gets a full scholarship to Mississippi State and graduates with honors.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:53 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,366,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypton View Post
This kind of stuff gives you faith in our kids. And yes, Houston, it is disturbing that the girl did it because she was tired of being bullied. But, to have someone like Kaleb intervene, risking his own life to save others (especially with so much potential in his life) is awesome. I hope the young man gets a full scholarship to Mississippi State and graduates with honors.
Agreed....I wish more kids especially yes I'll say it black kids would try to emulate him and other people who have become successful and not go the way of gangs and drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies