Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe pedophilia is another sexuality, just as being straight and gay?
Yes. 8 10.39%
No. 62 80.52%
Not sure/No opinion. 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:21 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yep - when they catch them! And therein lies the problem
They are a part of the crime. They should be charged.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Regarding NAMBLA and the ACLU.

One thing to keep in mind is, the ACLU DID NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT REPRESENTATION of NAMBLA.

On a personal note, I withdrew my financial support from the ACLU after their representation.

No attorney - no law firm has to accept any and all representation asked of it. For instance, I will NOT, under any circumstance, accept a DUI / DWI defense case - The ACLU could have just as easily said - NOPE.
The ACLU represents the First Amendment and they did exactly what they should have done.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The ACLU represents the First Amendment and they did exactly what they should have done.
The ACLU REGULARLY turns away 1st Amendment cases KevK. Regularly.

They could have just as easily turn down representation in the NAMBLA case as well.

It hurt the ACLU big time KevK.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
They are a part of the crime. They should be charged.
No one is suggesting / has suggested otherwise. BUT, one cannot be charged unless they are caught in the commission of the crime.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
The ACLU did exactly what they should do and that is to represent unpopular groups for their right to free speech. If I was an attorney and the ACLU did not represent NAMBLA, I would pro bono. Not because I like the creeps but because they have the right to free speech. Same with the Nazis, the Klan, the Communist and the Republican Party- all of which I despise on a personal basis.
Many attorneys, myself included, who gave 1000's of hours to the ACLU Kev, have stopped assisting them. Their representation has actually FACILITATED crimes against children.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:05 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Why are you getting so mad? I agree that it is a disease.
You placed scare quotes around "disease" as though it's some sort of liberal delusion to note that it is a psychiatric condition rather than one caused by, say, the Devil. That's a rather common position to take.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
The ACLU REGULARLY turns away 1st Amendment cases KevK. Regularly.

They could have just as easily turn down representation in the NAMBLA case as well.

It hurt the ACLU big time KevK.
The ACLU takes cases that other counsel will not take because the people involved (Nazis in Chicago, NAMBLA and Larry Flynt for example) are so despised and unpopular. The ACLU theory is that by protecting the right to free speech for the most despised groups of people, it protects the right of free speech for the less despised. And they are right.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
No one is suggesting / has suggested otherwise. BUT, one cannot be charged unless they are caught in the commission of the crime.
Not so. If you are caught even in the conspiracy of a crime- planning a crime- or in the "active passive" participation of a crime (such as cheering on an attack against another or being at an illegal game coc* fight), you can be charged and convicted. People are all the time. Note that I had to misspell coc* because the automatic censor won't allow me to spell it correctly!

Old 09-04-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Many attorneys, myself included, who gave 1000's of hours to the ACLU Kev, have stopped assisting them. Their representation has actually FACILITATED crimes against children.
No it has not. The ACLU has not ever "facilitated" crimes against anybody. Speech does not commit crimes. People do. That is like these silly ass "ban all guns" people who want to blame the gun for the crime. A gun has never got up and robbed or killed anybody by itself. Neither has freedom of speech.

Old 09-04-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
The ACLU takes cases that other counsel will not take because the people involved (Nazis in Chicago, NAMBLA and Larry Flynt for example) are so despised and unpopular. The ACLU theory is that by protecting the right to free speech for the most despised groups of people, it protects the right of free speech for the less despised. And they are right.

KevK - let me try to get you to understand something. I know the kinds of cases the ACLU takes - I have been lead counsel on a number of ACLU sponsored cases. Have you got it Kev?

Now, that said, I can also GUARANTEE YOU that the ACLU DOES NOT ACCEPT REPRESENTATION OF EVERY CASE OFFERED TO THEM. Even cases "they" like - even cases "they" think are winnable - they simply do not accept every case. Can you understand this KevK????

Now, assuming you do understand this, try to understand this: The ACLU DID NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT THE NAMBLA case. By litigating that case AND getting a judgment favorable to NAMBLA, the ACLU, in esscence, emboldened the group and helped some member to perpertrate crimes against children.

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS KEV K?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies