Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:36 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times

Advertisements

Any school that does not show this but showed Bush should LOSE all federal tax money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 04:46 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Any school that does not show this but showed Bush should LOSE all federal tax money.
i agree all that fed money going to free school breakfast lunch and after school snacks has made our children obese and diabetics. the sooner we kick them out of education the better.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:03 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Lee and Collier counties school boards have decided to NOT air the Obama speech to their students in real time. Instead will tape the broadcast, and review it.

POLL: Presidential or ‘propaganda?’ Collier, Lee schools won’t show Obama’s address to students » Naples Daily News
Good for them! He's changing course now since he was exposed for his propaganda with the kids.

This man's ego knows no limits.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:06 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Lee and Collier counties school boards have decided to NOT air the Obama speech to their students in real time. Instead will tape the broadcast, and review it.

POLL: Presidential or ‘propaganda?’ Collier, Lee schools won’t show Obama’s address to students » Naples Daily News
Pasco County gave a note out they were going to review it before broadcasting and stating they had many complains from parents and emails from parents who don't want their kids to get political speeches in school.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:07 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,525 times
Quote:
Other presidents that spoke in schools did not speak the week school started and they did not provide packets of assignements to the kids to write papers of how they would help the president and what is the quote from his speech they liked the best! OMG If that doesn't scream "sociopath", then I don't know what does.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:45 PM

200 posts, read 131,375 times
Quote:

/\/\/\ extremist!

Old 09-04-2009, 08:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
I'm sure the WH has insinuated this - it will be extremely embarrassing for obama if a majority of schools across the country turn him off.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Reagan talked to America's schoolchildren about the importance of tax cuts, for chrissakes.

Laughable, but there you have it.

Funny, though, I never heard any rage from the right wing about this.

Jonathan Alter was right: People who are spouting all this indoctrination crap--along with the Obama-is-a-communist, etc.--are nothing but "rank hypocrites." He also pointed out how the Republican party is now becoming the party of the uneducated. This latter is a rather obvious point, it seems to me, but whatever.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:59 PM

130 posts, read 175,807 times
My kids were sent home today with a permission slip that has to be signed or the child is not allowed to listen to the President.
I am not going to sign this form because I truly believe he has far better things to do then talk to our kids.
I have not read the transcript yet but may change my mind once I read it but do not believe he has anything to say to my 6 and 8 year old that is important enough to interrupt school with.
The President can talk to us and not through my kids.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:03 PM

130 posts, read 175,807 times
Quote:

I do not believe that is your decision. The people make that decision not you or any government agency. The taxpayers have a right to choose who they listen to and who they do not, not you.
Sounds to me like you are jealous that Bush's speech was accepted by many and that Obamas speech has not been accepted for various reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies