Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 04:53 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
According to Judge Andrew Napolitano, if the Federal government insures anyone it must also insure illegales.

He says that Obama knows this (or should). To not insure illegals would be unconstitutional, according to the law.

Therefore, Obama is either stupid (which I doubt) or he is lying. He wants you to believe that illegals will not be covered.
Just to clear things up...I don't think Obama's stupid, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 04:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
just to clear things up...i don't think obama's stupid, either.
lol

Old 09-10-2009, 04:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
proof please
I just told you! Do you not know who judge Andrew Napolotano is? He said it just toninght on Fox. It is unconstitutional, if the Federal government provides it for one class of people, to deny it to another.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:00 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
I just told you! Do you not know who judge Andrew Napolotano is? He said it just toninght on Fox. It is unconstitutional, if the Federal government provides it for one class of people, to deny it to another.
So why hasn't this judge stepped up and taken this up with the Supreme Court? Still waiting for the Welfare - Medicaid/Medicare question to be answered.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
lol...well there ya have it.

Soo...just show us where it is in the Constitution.

~You're fighting really hard for illegal immigrants...who knew?
Not I.

Judge Andrew Napalotano said tonight, on Neal Cavuto, that the Ferderal government cannot deny coverage to illegals, if the government covers other people. It is based on their refusal to hear a challenge to a CA proposition that gave health care benefits to illegals.

That is the law. It doesn't matter whether I or anyone else agree. If the Federal government is to provide health care, they cannot deny it to a certain class (illegals) of people.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:02 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Illegal aliens already have free health care, as opposed to citizens.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:

And you failed to answer my post anyway.

Assuming you are right.. what exactly in HR 3200 is Obama giving to classes of people.. beside the ability to PURCHASE a public option..

Do you object to the government taking someone's money for a service it provides in return.

HR 3200 doesn't "give" anything to any class of people. That "given" already exists in medicaid.. And as someone pointe dout you can't just cross the border and apply for medicaid.. a FREE that is in ESSENCe given to people who MEET a certain criteria.. if what you say held any merit.. it probably would have been before the court anyway.

The judge is right in one sense.. an illegal immigrant does have the right to purchase anything that anyone else has the righ to purchas.. including a private OR public insurance option.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 PM

395 posts, read 510,610 times
I don't see why people here think they know exactly what this BILL says or is going to say word for word. Most likely non-U.S. citizens would not qualify. You can't just walk into any country and get all the benefits that citizen has. That seems like a given.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So why hasn't this judge stepped up and taken this up with the Supreme Court? Still waiting for the Welfare - Medicaid/Medicare question to be answered.
The Supreme Court has already taken up this issue: By refusing to hear a case brought by opponets in CA. Result: The CA law stands (i.e. health care for illegals). It's the law.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:08 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
The Supreme Court has already taken up this issue: By refusing to hear a case brought by opponets in CA. Result: The CA law stands (i.e. health care for illegals). It's the law.

No body is arguing that illegals recieve health CARE.. no one can be refused when the walk into an ER seeking treatment.. and in those cases their IMMEDIATE..not long term needs must be met..

We're talking HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE with health reform.. and the ability to obtaion COMPREHENSIVE care..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies