Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 07:34 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
>sigh<

what did you think about the edits to the transcript, shorebaby?
>sigh< I don't think you are getting the point. No one cares about Rush, they do however care about unemployment, healthcare, national debt, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. Pronouncements by entertainers don't particularly excite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I don't get this. Are you saying that Obama talks funny? I never noticed, You'll have to explain this.

- Reel
It's about the transcription at Rush Limbaugh's site of a speech by Obama to the NAACP.

This sentence --

"That's not a reason to give up on your education and drop out of school"

-- is transcribed as

"That's not a reason to give up on y'education and drop out of school".

"Latinos" is transcribed as "La-ti-nos".

Not racist, but - in the speech Obama says "our gay brothers and sisters"; this is transcribed as "our gay dead brothers and sisters".

the link is in the OP; Rush also calls the NAACP the "NAALCP". All these right wingers posting in this thread seem well aware of this editing over there but it was news to me.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:38 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Rush rocks........
How apropos...you've given a name to the things that Limppaw listeners have in their heads.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:40 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
loozy, can you explain why making a contraction of the word "your" to "y'" constitutes 'sly racism'? after all, that is the way obama says it when he speaks to a black audience. haven't you noticed?

also, kindly explain the hideous, insidious 'racism' inherent in drawing out the word 'latinos' to la-ti-nos.

thanks in advance..
Inquiring minds want to know. I had the same question. I saw no racism in either of those sentences.

What I did see was delusional race baiting by the original poster.

What a shame....Obamacrats just continue to hurt their cause. More and more people are turning a deaf ear to Obama and his followers.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You misunderstand. I was responding to a comment by another poster. Please don't twist it to mean something it doesn't.
what did you think about the transcript?

All this deflection, three pages of it.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:49 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
what did you think about the transcript?

More Americans lose their jobs , Face losing their home and question how they will provide for their family but you are more concerned about Rush and what he says.

you are not helping to end racism

Old 09-04-2009, 07:52 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
good point.

three pages of the OP wildly deflecting why it's so horrifically, blatantly 'racist' for anyone to say the phrase 'your education' the same way obama does when speaking to a black audience.

i expect pages more of the same

Old 09-04-2009, 07:56 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
How?

You'd rather we ignore it?

? It IS racist! It isnt a matter of "says something in a manner some doesnt like or approve". Your statement makes no sense.

I had never seen this before. It was news to me, maybe not to you.
Don't ignore it if you really find racism, but manufacturing faux outrage over the inflection of Limbaugh's voice as he says the word "Latinos" and inserting your own nefarious motives for it, is tedious.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
I really have to wonder about you Limbaugh fans. You insist he's not a racist, many of you insist you're not racists, but what do you make of this? I thought he was more sly than this usually.

In trying to make fun of
a speech by Obama to the NAACP, this sentence
That's not a reason to give up on your education and drop out of school.
is transcribed as
That's not a reason to give up on y'education and drop out of school.
"Latinos" is transcribed as "La-ti-nos".

Not racist, but - in the speech Obama says "our gay brothers and sisters"; this is transcribed as "our gay dead brothers and sisters".

Obama Stokes Racism at NAALCP

Oh, "NAALCP" - also.

Is this all right with you? Is he giving you what you want?
Yaaaaaaaawn.............................. Are you really an Acorn worker?

Old 09-04-2009, 08:32 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
I'm still curious for the OP to explain how a couple of those sentences were racist.

I've read this OP's post over the last year and this OP has absolutely no credibility. Just spin and delfect, spin and deflect, spin and deflect and now race bait......

Last edited by gsupstate; 09-04-2009 at 08:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies