Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Double fatal shooting in San Marcos may fall under Castle Doctrine | News for Austin, Texas | KVUE.com | Local News (http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/090509kvuesanmarcos-bkm.14b51c63b.html - broken link)

pertinent snippet:
"Three of the suspects were armed, one with a handgun, two with what we were later to find out were pellet guns, but very realistic looking,” San Marcos Police Chief Howard Williams said.

San Marcos Police Chief Howard Williams says the teens burst inside the home. There were three people inside; a college student, and two men, one of which was armed.

"He opened his bedroom door. When he did, one of the suspects in his living room pointed a weapon at him. He fired on the suspects in his house,” Williams said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 12:28 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
I have a security system, 5 dogs, and a gun. The dogs are going to hear you first, I guarantee that. If you are dumb enough to ignore their extremely obnoxious and loud barking, the alarm is going to go off and it is monitored. If both of those fail there is a Springfield XDm .40 with 16 + 1 always chambered. If somehow that still is not enough there is another 16 right next to it and they are always HP when it is protecting the home.
Both my wife and I go to the range to hone our skills and are also joining a league for even more realistic training. It feels good to know you are prepared and luckily we are in a state where that preparation can save your life, just like this story showed. Hopefully this story convinces a couple kids that school and hard work might be the better option.

BTW, I have no doubt Castle Doctrine will prevail in this one and you can definitely tell there was an austin slant on this story..

Old 09-06-2009, 12:39 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Fire a warning shot? And hope like hell they don't shoot back. I guess that would have cut your homicide rate in half since the home owner could have been the dead one.
I'm glad the "fire a warning shot" guy isn't in charge of our military. "don't shoot to kill,...fire a warning shot and give them a chance to give up"

Old 09-06-2009, 02:04 AM

are you sure someone with that exact same philosophy isn't in charge of the military?

Old 09-06-2009, 02:15 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Texas Resident Shot and Killed 2 Teenagers During Home Invasion - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I am sure they were well on their way to becoming fine upstanding young citizens before the crazy man tragically cut their lives short.

What kind of jerk tries to protect his family,home and property, he should have just given those nice boys everything they wanted.

how many replies before some idiot makes this a partisan argument?
Wax two d-bags. Good shooting!

Old 09-06-2009, 02:57 AM

323 posts, read 502,812 times
My hero.

YouTube - Gran Torino - Get Off My Lawn _HD

Old 09-06-2009, 03:00 AM

That was a great movie

I've seen it twice and still get a little choked up at the end.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:10 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
How do more double homicides equal less crime?
When predatory criminals are "homicided" as opposed to their potential crime victims, it's pretty much considered a win/win among your less progressive types.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:04 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
So, based on what I am reading from all of you "gun happy" conservatives, you seem to believe that a person should be "put to death" for simply breaking into your house?

And you feel you should be the one to do it.

If your next door neighbor's kid (the one who mows your lawn, shovels your snow, etc.) has a drug problem, and he breaks in to steal money for his drug habit, do you shoot him as well?

Or how about the nice young girl down the street who babysits your kids, but breaks in because she knows you own expensive jewelry, and she needs money to get out of some unfortunate circumstance she is in. Do you shoot her too?

Do some people deserve to be shot during breakins, but not others?

How should the law work in your view?

Old 09-06-2009, 06:42 AM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
What if your teenage daughter invited them over after hours without your knowledge?
oh well.....we should definitely take the time to ask them first and just hope they don't shoot us right? get a freaking clue!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies