Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:37 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I see you have a new all-purpose "Magic Wand" response today. How creative...
Well when will you share your favorite blog with us? No namecalling, just the name of the blog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Dude, the FY2008 budget was drafted in early 2007.

It was the US that invaded Iraq, and it was the excesses of the US that caused the global credit crisis. Facts is facts.
Far left Pelosi, the US is always the bad guy in something like this. That is what school kids have been hearing for over 30 years. Are you in that group?

BTW what party was in control of the Congress in October 2007? Why, I think it was the Democrats. Yeah it was them. Budgets were still proposed by Presidents and approved by the Congress back then. In fact, according to the Constitution only money that has been appropriated by the Congress can be spent by the Executive branch. I am starting to think that you are among those younger than 50 people. Yes, I am.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Far left Pelosi, the US is always the bad guy in something like this. That is what school kids have been hearing for over 30 years. Are you in that group?
you ignored the obvious, that you asked about the stimulus bill, and saganista responded with the budget. Yes, the stimulus bill was passed by Bush in October 2008 like you claimed, not 2007 like Sag tried to imply, and you also allowed her argument that Bush's invasion of Iraq caused the world wide economic crisis.. I'm still laughing over that one..

Old 09-05-2009, 10:45 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
In your example, no news organization reported on anything, therefore it exists? I've not seen any reports on Astronauts, or Cosmonauts landing on Jupiter either, so there must be a consipiracy to hide the truth, using your example.
If there were a disinformation media madly pumping out meaningless stories about astronauts landing on Jupiter, you would see no hits because the story was a piece of junk, not because of bias. The right-wing has no right to expect its latest baseless crap to be taken seriously by anybody...

Old 09-05-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
It is quite possible that the record for "shortest health care town hall" now belongs to Rep. Pete Olson (R-Tx.), who terminated his forum on Monday after audience members heckled him for not supporting the public option. The congressman began his event by telling the story of Britney, a local woman who struggled to find care for her unborn child's heart condition. When Olson suggested her difficulty would be more widespread if Congress approved a public option, one audience member shouted, "The private insurance companies turned her down, not the government!" As participants grew increasingly unruly and vocal, Olson grew increasingly frustrated with the meeting. He promptly thanked everyone for attending and exited the forum -- departing only 47 seconds after it began.

Rep. Olson's 47-second Town Hall

Maybe you saw this on FOX. Or maybe not...
After seeing your source I think I know why Fox didn't report it. I guess you don't think that "news" sources also have agendas. Yours and mine are alike in that respect.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
If there were a disinformation media madly pumping out meaningless stories about astronauts landing on Jupiter, you would see no hits because the story was a piece of junk, not because of bias. The right-wing has no right to expect its latest baseless crap to be taken seriously by anybody...
I see that you don't know that search engines accept the request and come up with things that fit it. I hate using them but sometimes am forced to do it that way.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:01 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you don't understand how many thousands of dollars doctors and hospitals have to spend annually to protect themselves from trial lawyers. It is very common to forget that part but most of them spend over $100,000 in the attempt to protect themselves. Of course, the insurance companies have to charge all of them high rates because one suit can be for millions. Surely you can understand that if the doctor only makes $150,000 for his fees he doesn't realize a lot of profit and he did go to school even longer than those trial lawyers.

Your article had nothing to do with medical people being sued. A bullet could fix the dog problem but do we just let patients or their lawyers shoot doctors? There is a shortage of them now and just think what would happen if they had to give their lives to practice.
Actually, since I am a lawyer that has sued insurance companies I do have some idea. And since I also have a nursing degree and a masters degree, I went to school longer than most doctors. What you don't understand is that those lawsuits are not the reason the doctors pay high premiums. As someone who knows exactly how insurance companies work inside and out, I can assure you that the doctors pay high premiums because insurance company executives need to raise money to cover their bad bets on Wall Street.

It's very, very difficult to sue a doctor my friend. You have to show that the doctor was negligent and violated the standard of care and that's no easy task, since those standards are moving targets most of the time. The VAST majority of medmal cases never get litigated. Most lawyers won't even take those cases because the chances of winning are very slim. Even when you have clear proof that the doctor screwed up, juries love doctors and will almost always bring that bias into the courtroom.

Those cases that do go to court are normally only the most egregious ones. I've heard a doctor argue that even though he cut off the wrong leg of his patient, it's okay because the patient was diabetic and might have lost it someday anyway. Really? That's a defense for cutting off the wrong leg? Apparently so, because the damages were reduced because of it.

My point is that if "tort reform," as the insurance lobby likes likes to call it, ever actually became a reality then that patient that lost both his legs would be out of luck completely. I have a better idea. Why don't we train more doctors, work them less hours and reduce the number of injuries instead? I'll tell you why, because hospitals make a fortune off the cheap labor they get by working residents 80 hours a week. They fight regulating the number of hours that doctors can be worked with every ounce of their strength. They also fight increasing the nursing staff. But reducing the hours doctors have to work along with their patient load and increasing the number of nurses required to cover a shift is exactly how you reduce medical errors. You can't sue a doctor that didn't screw up.

By the way, I don't practice medmal. It's too expensive and too hard to win even when your cause is just.

But I digress, the point of this thread is that Obama isn't following through with his promises.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:33 AM

288 posts, read 349,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
he is not now what he seemed to be in November.

oh really now...seems the same to me.

Regards,
TB

Old 09-05-2009, 11:51 AM

843 posts, read 1,298,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That's bull. The "revolt" is by a small number of right wing radicals NONE of whom voted for the Democrats in the first place and never will. They are being directed by radical right talk radio and even their employers to make this look like a grassroots thing which it is not and the Democrats are smart enough to know it is not. Most Democrats know too well that Bush spent like a drunk in a Singapore ***** house and the right always excused it just as they did when Reagan did it. So we really don't want to hear from them now.

54% of Americans are opposed to all the health legislation being proposed right now. So over half the country is right wing radicals?

And democrats should have loved Bush. Just like you said he spent and spent and spent. But they still hated him. This tells me democrats are retards. He did what they want and they still blame him for their problems. It also tells me republicans are retards. He did everything they say they are against and still loved him. Obama does the same things as Bush and they don't like him.

And Obama is not the president for people that voted for him. He is president for everyone. That is the entire purpose of the Constitution. To protect the minority.

That is why I cringe everytime I hear someone say we live in a democracy. Democracy means majority rule. That means tyranny.

We live in a Republic. I wish people would realize that. Then we wouldn't end up with people like Bush and Obama.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:00 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Join the free and the brave...

! ! ! VOTE LIBERTARIAN ! ! !

Get that gub'mint outta yer hair. Ron Paul for Speaker...
Great idea!

But wait! - Wouldn't that put Rush Limbaugh and Faux News out of business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies