Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 04:01 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
....and a hell of a lot less communists and Marxists in the white house.
Right. We would have a bunch of "mavericks" in the White House. God only knows what that means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 04:06 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
Since so many of the posters on this board are focused on how horrible and simply evil Obama is and how he's done "nothing" (except of course bring the economy back from the brink of depression), what would McCain/Palin have done? What would the shape of the economy be right now, had they been elected?

Obviously I know we don't really know what they would have done, but since the far right has spent so much time slamming Obama, I'd like to know what they would have done....anyone?
I'm independent and I could care less about Bush, Obama or Palin but, living in Arizona, I've been happy with McCain being one of our two senators since I moved here 20 years ago. I was thinking about your question just last night and in a way I'm kind of glad he didn't win because, he would just be getting attacked by the far left, the same way Bush did. As I said, I could care less about Bush or Obama so, when I heard Bush getting attacked for the last eight years and now Obama since he took office, it doesn't really bother me and I just ignore it. If it was being directed toward McCain though, it would be annoying to me to no end because, in my support of him, it would have made me biased and I would have felt he was being disrespected and not being given a chance.

In answer to your question, they'd be getting attacked by the far left just like Bush did and just like Obama is now but, from the far right.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:28 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Mccain and Palin would be skewered daily by the MSM as well all democrat politicians.

As to what shape the country might be in ---- we probably would have avoided the 'stimulas' but truthfully I don't see the two of them coming up with any other plan. Probably we would be in the thick of the recession (as we are now) but focus would be on yet another front opened on our current wars.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:33 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
There'd be a tax cut for corporations and the wealthy, the middle class Republicans would be shouting "hurray" even though it had no positive effect for them, probably a military incident with Iran, and setting up decades of economic disaster. Oh, and Palin would have caused several international incidents or embarrassments.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:41 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Sarah Palin would be makin' policy in the Senate!

Old 09-05-2009, 04:42 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Posting on Facebook?
twitter

Old 09-05-2009, 04:44 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
twitter
Much more appropriate for a twit, fer shure...

Old 09-05-2009, 06:15 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
one think I know for sure Mccain would not have driven us so far down the hole with spending we will never come out of it
he would have gotten rid of excessive spending including all this bull crap pork spending
he would have been responsible with our money, he believes in health care reform and would have been clear on what to do, he would have a real plan and not this blather that is flying around
he would be fair and he would not be folding and saying what a lousy country we have
I know he would have made a great president and I am proud I voted for him
instead we have a total jerk in the WH that can not find his butt with both hands
his polls are dropping like rocks as people wake up to the real deal

Old 09-05-2009, 06:21 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
one think I know for sure Mccain would not have driven us so far down the hole with spending we will never come out of it
he would have gotten rid of excessive spending including all this bull crap pork spending
he would have been responsible with our money, he believes in health care reform and would have been clear on what to do, he would have a real plan and not this blather that is flying around
he would be fair and he would not be folding and saying what a lousy country we have
I know he would have made a great president and I am proud I voted for him
instead we have a total jerk in the WH that can not find his butt with both hands
his polls are dropping like rocks as people wake up to the real deal
Ok but here's the issue I have with statements like this...you are just saying what he WOULD NOT have done (as well as some other unintelligble stuff you imagine he would have done that Obama doesn't apparently)...I need to know what you think he WOULD have done to solve the nations woes. Considering how Bush was spending tons of money trying to stimulate the economy, I've got to think McCain would have been trying something of this own. I think that if McCain hadn't done any stimulus, we would be in much worst shape. So...it would have been done, the auto makers would have been bailed out etc. NOT MUCH would be different in fact because the economy is horrible and the US populus has no stomach for real capitalism and laissez faire government and economics. You betcha people would be clamoring for govt help... soooo what would be so different?

I guess the point is that none of you know...and neither do I, but I am thoughtful enough to know that likely all of the same stuff you hate from Obama might have been here under McCain because of the unusually difficult predicament we are/were in.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:24 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
If McCain and Palin had won, Glenn Beck would be out of a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies