Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 11:27 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,648,207 times

Advertisements

why is it that so many birthers, when asked for proof of their accusations, say "it's not my job to educate you"?

what if i said "rush limbaugh is a pedophile" and you said "what proof do you have of that?" and i said "it's not my job to educate you - disprove it. why hasn't he denied it? why hasn't he produced proof of non-pedophilia"? you would be correct in dismissing my accusation outright, because the burden of proof would be on me as the accuser, not on you or limbaugh.

it's not educating me to explain your position and why you believe it. i'm pretty well informed about this subject and i'm pretty sure i've heard all of the birthers' arguments up to this point. it's called backing up your accusations with proof and it's something that anyone who expects to be taken seriously should do. you can't even back up your accusations with logic, let alone proof - you just change the subject when people start asking you specific questions. your argument amounts to "i believe this. no particular reason. i hate obama."

so anyway, how bout those lawyer fees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 12:07 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,404,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
That is your personal opinion and not a fact.
Oh?

Then why the constant agenda of the Birthers to circumvent a duly appointed POTUS, appointed by the Democratic Method and the People of the United States.

The Democratic Method is vital in our Cosntitutional Republic, and an inherent, intrigal part of this Nation. Therefor, in attempting to circumvent that Democratic Principle and remove a sitting POTUS for reasons CLEARLY fraudlent, Birthers hate the Democratic Principle (when it elects a Democrat, reference the Impeachment of Bill Clinton), therefor, they hate America.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
I don't know if this lawsuit has merit. That is up to a judge or the Supreme Court to decide. However, I am convinced that sooner or later a judge, or the Supreme Court, will feel it is time to hear a case...and then the truth will come out. Do I believe Obama is eligible to be POTUS - absolutely NO! He does not meet "natural born citizen" status. And if you plan on asking questions about his status - it is not my job to educate you.
Scuze me, but he was born to an American mother on American soil.

How can he NOT be a "natural born citizen"?

Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,292,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Scuze me, but he was born to an American mother on American soil.

How can he NOT be a "natural born citizen"?
The same way McCain is NOT a "natural born citizen" - There's just something about those two that ain't natural.

Why don't we just compromise and get the Supreme Court to appoint Sarah Palin President and Joe Biden Vice-President?

Can't we just get along?

Old 09-06-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The same way McCain is NOT a "natural born citizen" - There's just something about those two that ain't natural.

Why don't we just compromise and get the Supreme Court to appoint Sarah Palin President and Joe Biden Vice-President?

Can't we just get along?
McSame is indeed a natural born citizen. He was born to American parents, the only qualifier neccessary no matter where one is born, not to mention being born in a hospital on the Coco Solo Naval Air Base in Panama. Remember, a military base abroad is considered soveriegn US soil.

Also, according to the 14th Amendment, even if BOTH of BHO's parents weren't US citizens, HE WOULD BE since he was born on US territory, ie Hawaii. He would indeed be an "anchor baby", but he would still be a US Citizen nonetheless.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:49 PM

46,889 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The White House isn't pushing back against all this nonsense - why are we? There are better things to do and discuss, better ways of spending time than trying vainly to convince someone who obviously lives in a different reality. So stop all the looking up citations, links, opening Obama's books to particular pages. Don't give oxygen to the flames. Just please stop and let it slide. Let them froth. Who cares?
It's a noble outlook on things, but there are plenty of historical examples of big lies silently sliding from kooky minority point of view to "everybody knows" status.

Look at John Kerry's military record - 3 Purple Hearts and a Silver Star for valor on the battlefield should be pretty damn hard to argue with, or so reasonable people thought. All it took was a well-financed campaign, a bunch of old enemies with an axe to grind and an understanding that a half truth is so much more effective than a whole lie. Not countering the Swiftboaters was a huge, huge mistake.

So far, the Birthers haven't caught on to the half-truth bit, they've chosen to go with the whole lie - mostly because Orly Taitz is the most inept leader of a political intrigue since, well, forever. But give them enough time to gain a foothold, and someone with better understanding of propaganda - beg pardon, "message management" - may decide they're useful. Better to get their position in the spotlight while they're still fumbling.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
McSame is indeed a natural born citizen. He was born to American parents, the only qualifier neccessary no matter where one is born, not to mention being born in a hospital on the Coco Solo Naval Air Base in Panama. Remember, a military base abroad is considered soveriegn US soil.
Wasn't McCain born with dual citizenship?

Isn't he some kind of Panamanian?

That wouldn't be natural. It just ain't natural, I tell ya.

Have you ever seen a Panamanian?

Free Noreiga! Free Noreiga!

Manuel Noriega - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Also, according to the 14th Amendment, even if BOTH of BHO's parents weren't US citizens, HE WOULD BE since he was born on US territory, ie Hawaii. He would indeed be an "anchor baby", but he would still be a US Citizen nonetheless.
But, damnit, not a natural U.S. citizen.

He's part Brit - making him a Dual.

He could swing either way at any time.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:58 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,538,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Lucas Smith Affidavit now filed with the US District Court - Obama Kenyan BC

September 4th, 2009

As of today, September 4, 2009, this Affidavit has been filed with the United States District Court in Southern California ~ represented by Orly Taitz.
This is a legal affidavit that declares Lucas Smith to be of sound mind and judgment. Lucas can go to jail if he lied on this affidavit.
The document (Certified COPY of Obama Kenyan Birth Certificate) you see here, once it is validated by the court, is pretty much the proverbial “smoking gun.”

haha! hysterical Kootr!
you do realize a teenager with a computer and 15 minutes could reproduce the same thing?
Let me get my nephew on the phone and I will have a birth certificate proving that Arnold Schwarzenegger was born in "Beberly Hills"!

Old 09-06-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Wasn't McCain born with dual citizenship?

Isn't he some kind of Panamanian?

That wouldn't be natural. It just ain't natural, I tell ya.

Have you ever seen a Panamanian?

Free Noreiga! Free Noreiga!

Manuel Noriega - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-06-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies