Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 08:14 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You have only to look at the way the stimulus was structured to KNOW there was no crisis. Most of the outlays come late 2010 and beyond. If we really had an imminent implosion on the way, it would/should have been structured so the money went out the door on the front end, not the back end.

As it was, the stimulus was nothing more than your everyday garden variety wish list of liberal wet dreams.
seriously bat-crap crazy! There is no other explanation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 08:16 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Me too. I knew my one friend was a bit of a ditz but the stuff she posts..... One mutual friend has written her off over her crazy anti-Obama beliefs.
it is tempting to delete them as friends, but I don't. It really is hard, and they probably see me the same way I see them - a crazy from the other side!

Old 09-06-2009, 08:39 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Complete BS. Nothing even remotely close to reality.
Prove it.

Quote:
The economy does not know what day the Presidency changed hands. The evidence suggests that what brought us out of the Great Depression was the massive (much higher than current spending) government spending associated with the New Deal and WWII that put Americans to work. Unemployment is a lagging indicator, often the last thing to show up as far as statistics go when looking at economic recovery.
The new deal did not bring us out of the depression and the facts have shown it actually delayed recovery. WWII pulled us out then we went into a bit of a recession afterwards before consumer demand ensured we did not slide back into the depression.

Quote:
You have to be pretty ignorant to compare Afghanistan with Iraq in terms of logistics, size, population, terrain, politics, you-name-it. The main thing they have in common is that they are both not America and they are over there somewhere and have "bad people," aka Muslims. And to many Americans, that's enough.
This has little to do with what I posted. I'm going to assume you have nothing to refute my statements with.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Prove it.
Err... YOU made the original claim about Obama's budget spending. Prove that. You can't. I guarantee it, because it's false.

I'll remind you of your assertion:

"O has spent more than double in 6 months what it took Bush nearly 8 years to spend."

Prove it. Go ahead.

Quote:
The new deal did not bring us out of the depression and the facts have shown it actually delayed recovery. WWII pulled us out then we went into a bit of a recession afterwards before consumer demand ensured we did not slide back into the depression.
Books are written about this. We won't solve it here. We disagree.

Quote:
This has little to do with what I posted. I'm going to assume you have nothing to refute my statements with.
You posted:
"As for an occupation, that would appear to have been required in Afghanistan, no? Iraq was stupid but Afghanistan alone required(s) such resources."

I said you would be ignorant to compare Iraq and Afghanistan in terms of logistics, necessary resources, etc. Do you get it? You compared the two countries with each other and I said they can not be compared. Is that hard for you to follow? Invading and "occupying" Afghanistan would not, does not, and did not require nearly the same resources as an invasion of Iraq did. Period. Apples and oranges, unless you are ignorant.

Last edited by Art123; 09-06-2009 at 09:23 PM..

Old 09-06-2009, 08:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
seriously bat-crap crazy! There is no other explanation!
Go ahead, tell me where I am wrong.

You must agree that most of the stimulus will be spent in 2010 and beyond?

You must agree if that is the case, why the propaganda that claimed if we don't do something, immediately, the economy would go over the cliff?

All those harping that we needed this done right now, before anyone even read the bill, and obama took his sweet time, 4+ days, to sign the measure into law.

It was nothing more than a hyped up, manufactured crisis in order to implement a far-left spending spree.

As rahm has always said - never let a crisis go to waste.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Free speech is great as long as the president is speaking to school kids?
That would be a captive audience, listening to an unauthorized political speech.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Books are written about this. We won't solve it here. We disagree.
You bet they are. It is a fact that government spending prolonged the depression.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:03 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
That would be a captive audience, listening to an unauthorized political speech.
"unauthorized"??

Old 09-06-2009, 09:21 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Obama at his "worst" is better than Bush ever was at his "best."

Old 09-06-2009, 11:06 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
You bet they are. It is a fact that government spending prolonged the depression.
Here's a chart of unemployment from 29 to 39.

Notice where it unemployment starts dropping?
Right, the beginning of the new deal.

Notice 1938, where unemployment increases.
Coincidentally when Roosevelt gave in to republicans and decreased spending in an attempt to balance the budget.

Revisionist history is pathetic.

Unemployment drops 10% while the goverment spends on the new deal.
And goes back up when the government stops spending.

So naturally you think the opposite of reality.

Image came from here:
http://www.doctorhousingbubble.com/t...x-data-mining/
Attached Thumbnails
An exhausted liberal....-gdunemployment.gif  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies