Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:41 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I think if you search Orly Taitz on this forum you will find posts that not only accuse her of treason but also refer to her sustaining bodily harm.
You "think"? You don't know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 10:42 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
anyway, in response to the first post - i forget, were there people constantly bringing lawsuits against bush, trying to get him kicked out of office based not on anything that he did or planned to do in office, but on a ludicrous lie about his past?

there was one attempt to impeach him, which didn't get very far. but whatever you might think about how appropriate it was, it was over something of actual national importance that wasn't made up.

there were some conspiracy theories about the 2000 election, but i don't recall anyone filing lawsuit after lawsuit about that.

that being said, i don't think taitz is guilty of treason. i just think she's an idiot and/or a liar.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:47 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You "think"? You don't know?
You libs are hung up on semantics, aren't you?

Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
I think if you search Orly Taitz on this forum you will find posts that not only accuse her of treason but also refer to her sustaining bodily harm.
a blow to her head could possibly explain her delusional condition.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
You libs are hung up on semantics, aren't you?
Well, you righties like to make it up as you go -- meaning of words, things like that...lots of stuff. I'm not ashamed of the fact that I know the meaning of words and that I make every attempt to use them correctly. If that's being "hung up on semantics", so be it. You can't have a meaningful conversation unless everyone agrees on the meaning of the words being used.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:34 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
People like Orly Taitz who file lawsuits against Obama are guilty of treason?
Not in the least bit. I don't think that you can hold with diminished capacity culpable for something like treason.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:15 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Lies!

The house and congress could have stopped the war anytime they wanted. It was not just George Bushs war....Get real. Tell the truth.....

Carrie

Old 09-06-2009, 06:16 AM

689 posts, read 742,690 times
I'm not a "birther" but, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how questionning where Obama was born could possibly be considered "Treason". You can question anything. I think it "could" (a big "could") be libel or slander if the president wants to be "a victim", but treason??????? I don't get it. Maybe someone can explain this to me. I've read the definition. I've read Article 3, section 3. It doesn't meet the definition (not even close). Does someone know something I don't know? Thanks

Old 09-06-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
I'm not a "birther" but, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how questionning where Obama was born could possibly be considered "Treason". You can question anything. I think it "could" (a big "could") be libel or slander if the president wants to be "a victim", but treason??????? I don't get it. Maybe someone can explain this to me. I've read the definition. I've read Article 3, section 3. It doesn't meet the definition (not even close). Does someone know something I don't know? Thanks
I don't think this is anything more than something the OPer pulled out of thin air to start what she hoped would be a controversial thread and a chance to throw the word "hypocrisy" again.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:21 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
People like Orly Taitz who file lawsuits against Obama are guilty of treason?

Nah. Just a blatant Money Grab fueled by the intentional stupidity of those who cannot deal with the fact that they lost an election because they were in the minority.

America is becoming more liberal as a reaction to W trying to shove hard to the right. Pendulums, it will be noted, swing in more than one direction. The republicans will win another election one day. Wait and see.

In the meantime, Obama is Our President, very possibly until 2016. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies