Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:48 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times

Advertisements

Democrat boogie man= talk radio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 07:27 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
The more education a person has, the more likely s/he is to be a liberal. Considering how education equates to income, I would have to say that your average liberal is better educated and more affluent than the average conservative.
If only that statement were true. It seems like having a college degree means less and less these days, especially with so many people (mistakenly) getting such broad degrees.. I made more as a store manager straight out of high school than a buddy of mine with a BA for many years.

Experience > Education

A topic for a different day of course, but still, do not falsely claim that education equates to income.. It doesn't always, especially not if you have anything less than a masters...

In any case, Liberals are a minority, by quite a large margin. It is no secret that the average Republican is better educated and better off than the average Democrat, but if you break it down individually you find that the wealthy are indeed Democrats. However, they generally are so on the grounds of individual liberalism (legalization of drugs, prostitution, gay marraige, etc.).

Old 09-06-2009, 07:28 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Dancing liberals don't scare me one bit...did you mean boogeyman?

Old 09-06-2009, 08:10 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Both

Old 09-06-2009, 08:14 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You've never seen me dance.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:34 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Tried of reading this without specific examples. How about some example of liberal bigotry and intolerance.
The hundreds of thread starters on City Data titled "Looking for Liberal city to move to" and the zero thread starters going the other way.
That's liberal intolerance!

Fortunately liberals constitute only 20% of the population.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:08 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
After listening to a lot of right wing radio and talking to a lot of republicans
I've learned something from them.

Republican's #1 enemy = Liberal boogieman

Rightwing radio constantly talks about the "Liberal boogieman"
- He hates America
- Dreams of living in Europe
- Loves foreign dictators
- Doesn't work, lives from welfare and has a Phd degree from a Ivy League college (somehow that makes sense)
- Keeps on having kids to get more money from the government
- Has never owned an American flag but has a collection of Che Guevara shirts.
- Smokes marijuana
- Has some tongs sharpened up in case that his girlfriend gets pregnant
- Hates everybody that makes more than minimum wage
- There's a few more that I'm sure I forgot

AS STUPID AS THIS SOUND...
Rightwing radio talks about that "Liberal boogieman" every single day to prove that republicans are right.

And that's why they always talk about "Liberals" but never have the balls to have a debate on their show with a "Liberal".
I don't know who you were listening to, but so-called "liberals" get debated daily on "conservative" talk radio. They call in to all the shows.

Most, however, cannot make a cogent argument for their position, they simply wind up sounding like mindless attack dogs. A lot of bark. No bite.

Here is an example from an exchange with a Democrat politician in Columbus, Ohio when asked how "health care" was going to be paid for:
Reporter: "How are they going to pay for this?"

Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy (looking confused): "Well, this is a pay as you go bill, this is a bill that is scored ... ahm, ah ... fiscally, ah ... that we have the 'bility to pay for it, with uhmmm ... with ah, with ahh ... with increases on ahh ... revenue, onahh ... onahh on the wealth, wealthy of us, and changing some of the privatization, ... issues, with uhmmm, Medicare advantage, and moving forward to get cost savings, but basically, getting everybody insured, and putting ...

Reporter: "But where are the increases in revenue going to come from?"

Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy: "...an emphasis on prevention."

At that point she gets called away as the reporter asks again, "But, where are the increases in revenue going to come from?". She turns away, ignoring the reporter.

This woman is a blithering idiot, and has no idea what she is saying.

This is what "liberals" call debate.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:11 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
you loonies have a hard time starting a worthwhile thread don't you?
Really. We don't need no stinkin' boogeyman, liberals do it to themselves...we just have fun pointing it out to you.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:15 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times
America's #1 enemy - Communists in the White House

Old 09-07-2009, 07:16 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
The hundreds of thread starters on City Data titled "Looking for Liberal city to move to" and the zero thread starters going the other way.
That's liberal intolerance!

Fortunately liberals constitute only 20% of the population.
I'm detecting another manipulation of the language going on. It seems "intolerance" means something very different than it use to. I guess I need to get a code book to understand the neo-language of the right wing.

But then, we liberals are known for that old saying "I can tolerate anything but intolerance."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies