Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 06:35 AM

323 posts, read 503,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
- Doesn't work, lives from welfare and has a Phd degree from a Ivy League college (somehow that makes sense)
As opposed to the Republican boogyman, who is a wealthy and greedy corporatist businessman who doesn't care about the poor, yet is also an uneducated racist trailer trash redneck who clings to his guns and religion (somehow that makes sense).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 06:46 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
After listening to a lot of right wing radio and talking to a lot of republicans
I've learned something from them.

Republican's #1 enemy = Liberal boogieman

Rightwing radio constantly talks about the "Liberal boogieman"
- He hates America
- Dreams of living in Europe
- Loves foreign dictators
- Doesn't work, lives from welfare and has a Phd degree from a Ivy League college (somehow that makes sense)
- Keeps on having kids to get more money from the government
- Has never owned an American flag but has a collection of Che Guevara shirts.
- Smokes marijuana
- Has some tongs sharpened up in case that his girlfriend gets pregnant
- Hates everybody that makes more than minimum wage
- There's a few more that I'm sure I forgot

AS STUPID AS THIS SOUND...

Rightwing radio talks about that "Liberal boogieman" every single day to prove that republicans are right.

And that's why they always talk about "Liberals" but never have the balls to have a debate on their show with a "Liberal".
There isn't a conservative boogeyman as well?

-Owns guns
-Owns more than five guns
-Secretly respects the KKK
-Hates all that science stuff
-Loves him some Jesus
-Listens to Limbaugh, Savage, and Hannity for political commentary
-Loves Ted Nugent
-Watches FOX News and thinks CNN is part of the worldwide liberal/Jewish conspiracy
-"Goddamn illegals!"

Old 10-02-2009, 06:08 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
There isn't a conservative boogeyman as well?
Who on the media or talk radio has talked about a conservative boogeyman? (and don't say it was a blogger)

I hear everysingle day somebody in right wing talk radio talking about "liberals" as if we are from another planet.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:15 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Liberals are the least liberal people around. They are intolerant and bigotted, and if they can't control you they will try to destroy you.

- Dr. Thomas Sowell

That description fits the control freaks of the religious right more than anyone else.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:15 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:

I hear everysingle day somebody in right wing talk radio talking about "liberals" as if we are from another planet.
You're not? Huh...liberals talk as if they were, at the very least, from a different world.

(no offense intended, my brother is a liberal, and I love him dearly, regardless.)

Old 10-03-2009, 08:31 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
3. All the well educated conservatives I know can't stand people like Rush Limbaugh. They don't watch Fox News and think Hannity is an idiot. It's because those people are for the uneducated conservative crowd. There really is a difference.
This is just so much baloney.

I'm self employed. In my work, I get around and I meet a lot of people. Many are well educated conservatives. I have yet to meet one of them that does not listen to Rush (if not every day, as often as they can), and most watch Fox news.

Your assertion would leave one wondering why it is that Fox News Channel is making minced meat out of all their competition, time after time after time. Their numbers are way up there. The other can't even touch them.

This is a plain fact. It's also fact that Rush has listeners in the millions, and is still growing his audience.

If you've ever listened to Rush at all, you would realize the vast number of his listeners are educated business people, but he appeals to listeners from every walk of life.

This is because he makes sense. He proves daily that Americans are conservative.

Else, why don't any liberal talk shows garner the kind of audience that Rush, Hannity and Glenn Beck do? It's a no-brainer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies