Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:09 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
At Nuremberg most Nazis were hanged for "Waging Agressive Warfare" or falsifying intelligence to justify an attack.
If you're making comparisons to the Nazis, you're a sick person. As for the accusation of "falsifying intelligence"...again you're wrong. There is a big difference between using the best intelligence you have at the time to make decisions, and having some of it be wrong, versus deliberately fabricating intelligence. All of the western intelligence agencies were practically in lockstep and in some things they were wrong. That doesn't imply premeditation or some conspiracy.

Only lefty whack jobs believe that some plot was hatched. Hindsight is 20/20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 12:10 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Obama and his henchmen should end up in jail for trying to weaken the CIA and the country's ability to gather intelligence. Do they think that what they're doing will make the country safer? Carter gutted the CIA during his term, Clinton weakened it more and put up "walls" during his two terms, and now Obama is picking up where his Dem predecessors have left off.

Do we really want CIA officers being hamstrung by worrying about whether what they do will end up being a political hot potato? Do we want national security decisions made based on fear of risk and fear that even though you're told what you're doing is perfectly legal, some politically motivated administration will come in afterwards and make you a scapegoat? Is that really what we want?

Bush did absolutely nothing wrong as it relates to this story.
I smell fear here, in fact, I need a gas mask it's so strong! I think every CIA official should question their actions as to whether they are MORAL or not just as a police officer must "worry" about what he can and cannot do, just as a bus driver should worry about whether he should drink a beer or not before he goes to pick up the kids. The interest in the legalities of what happened during the Bush years is NOT politically motivated. I would support the same things under any administration. No one is above the law.

America's reputation across the world would skyrocket if Bush were sent to jail.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:12 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
I've never seen anyone jailed for BEING stupid, even though G. W. Bush took it to stupendous levels, both intellectually and verbally.

Jail seems to be out of the question, as he hasn't the mental faculties to determine right from wrong.

But an insane asylum for him seems most appropriate, a place from where he could no longer harm our nation or the world.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I've never seen anyone jailed for BEING stupid, even though G. W. Bush took it to stupendous levels, both intellectually and verbally.

Jail seems to be out of the question, as he hasn't the mental faculties to determine right from wrong.

But an insane asylum for him seems most appropriate, a place from where he could no longer harm our nation or the world.
He was BEING stupid about as much, and for the same reason, as he was BEING a cowboy.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:18 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Never. That is 100% certain.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I smell fear here, in fact, I need a gas mask it's so strong!
Um...not sure what you smell. You might want to check out the bottoms of your shoes. No fear here, except the fear of what's happening to our country.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Never. That is 100% certain.
Never-say-never, is an absolute.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
With all the questions and the impending investigations of the Bush Administration as a whole there is now thinking that these investigations could wind up on Bush's doorstep since he was commander in chief.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow.........
Could George W. Bush end up behind bars? - CNN.com
The leadoff statements in this article make more sense than your implication does.

Could George W. Bush or some of his top aides end up behind bars?

George W. Bush could be investigated for the steps taken after 9/11.

It's extremely unlikely, but the Obama administration is taking its first steps along a path that could lead in that direction, with the investigation of

Central Intelligence Agency interrogators involved in the war on terror.

I don't know but the word unlikely makes a lot of sense to me.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The leadoff statements in this article make more sense than your implication does.

Could George W. Bush or some of his top aides end up behind bars?

George W. Bush could be investigated for the steps taken after 9/11.

It's extremely unlikely, but the Obama administration is taking its first steps along a path that could lead in that direction, with the investigation of

Central Intelligence Agency interrogators involved in the war on terror.

I don't know but the word unlikely makes a lot of sense to me.
Still, I kinda like the word undislikely.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Last I checked, the country has been safe for the 7 years post-9/11, at least from domestic attacks by terrorists. You can think of ways to imply otherwise, but those damn facts just get in the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies