Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 01:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
BUSH NEVER BLAMED HUSSEIN FOR 9/11.

Go back and read...nothing was ever said about Iraq being the cause of 9/11. This is a red herring foisted on us by the left to make the case for the Iraq war seem somehow tainted. Bush and his administration have said time and again that Hussein was not involved in 9/11. That doesn't change the facts of what happened throughout the 1990s, and the facts that WMD in the hands of terrorists after 9/11 was a completely different threat than before.
You're the one that needs to go back and read.

Yes he most certanly did! He tied Saddam to 9/11 countless times.

Here's three of many that can be found at the link provided...

"The regime has longstanding and continuing ties to terrorist groups, and there are Al Qaida terrorists inside Iraq." - George W. Bush Delivers Weekly Radio Address, White House (9/28/2002) - BushOnIraq.com

"We know that Iraq and al Qaeda have had high-level contacts that go back a decade. Some al Qaeda leaders who fled Afghanistan went to Iraq. These include one very senior al Qaeda leader who received medical treatment in Baghdad this year, and who has been associated with planning for chemical and biological attacks. We've learned that Iraq has trained al Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases." - President Bush Outlines Iraqi Threat; Remarks by the President on Iraq, White House (10/7/2002) - Whitehouse.gov

"I think they're both equally important, and they're both dangerous. And as I said in my speech in Cincinnati, we will fight if need be the war on terror on two fronts. We've got plenty of capacity to do so. And I also mentioned the fact that there is a connection between al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. The war on terror, Iraq is a part on the war on terror. And he must disarm." - President Condems Attack in Bali, White House (10/14/2002) - Whitehouse.gov

Administration Quotes Linking 9/11 to Iraq

Until he finally admitted the reality...
Bush admits that Iraq Had Nothing To Do With 9/11

YouTube - Bush admits that Iraq Had Nothing To Do With 9/11

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-06-2009 at 02:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 01:59 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times

Most of these people were convicted of Waging Aggressive Warfare

Old 09-06-2009, 02:03 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Not just the Torture Policy

At Nuremberg most Nazis were hanged for "Waging Agressive Warfare" or falsifying intelligence to justify an attack.
But the intelligence wasn't falsified.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:07 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,576 times
Wow. This is going to hurt. And I can't believe I am saying this because I am definitely not a Bush fan.

Bush was wrong on Iraq; I'm not too keen on the torture aspect but I'm not crying for them either; and Bin Laden is still out there.

But it seems to me at the time Bush had the support of Congress and the American people when many of these things were implemented. And I remember hearing about torture right after we starting arresting the terrorists. All presidents make hard decisions- some right some wrong. Are we going to go after every ex-president for their failings? Short of some hard core proof of a crime, I can't see this.

And Obama doesn't even want to go there. He stated that right after the election. Most members of Congress don't. So I for one would be curious as to what the AG has as evidence and why is he is so eager to perhaps tear this country apart.

Like we don't have enough problems now....

Old 09-06-2009, 02:10 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,273 times
I don't think any Presidential Administration Rep. or Congressperson, (D) or (R) wants to set the precedent that would look so deeply into the legality of their dealings and the basis for many of their decisions and actions. I'd bet, if you look deep enough, every President from Nixon up, and probably many before that too, did something they deserve to be jailed for.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
But the intelligence wasn't falsified.
Oh yeah, I forgot, the CIA and FBI pleaded stupid.

If'n ya don't believe were stupid, look at our boss.

What a cover!

Works every time.

Cheney's Bush administration: Not guilty, your honor, cause we is stupid, and nobody can prove otherwise.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
Wow. This is going to hurt. And I can't believe I am saying this because I am definitely not a Bush fan.

Bush was wrong on Iraq; I'm not too keen on the torture aspect but I'm not crying for them either; and Bin Laden is still out there.

But it seems to me at the time Bush had the support of Congress and the American people when many of these things were implemented. And I remember hearing about torture right after we starting arresting the terrorists. All presidents make hard decisions- some right some wrong. Are we going to go after every ex-president for their failings? Short of some hard core proof of a crime, I can't see this.

And Obama doesn't even want to go there. He stated that right after the election. Most members of Congress don't. So I for one would be curious as to what the AG has as evidence and why is he is so eager to perhaps tear this country apart.

Like we don't have enough problems now....
The fact remains that Bush was not just wrong. By wrong it sounds like an error. He blatantly lied. I believed him, Congress believed him. We were $hmucks, plain and simple. Duped by a puppet of Cheney and the rest of the Neocons. I voted for Bush after 9/11, which made me that much angrier when the truth started to come into focus. You cannot bury dung under the rug or rebuild a nation on lies, deceit and allow somethng of this magnitude not to be addressed. How would we perceive Germany if the war crimes there had not been addressed? America is built on a fake foundation if the guilty are not at least exposed. I cannot hope for real justice such as proper punishment for the perpetrators of these war crimes because of the power and money involved, but at least acknowledgment that crimes have indeed been committted in the name of this nation. What precedent has been set for future administrations? We only go after a POTUS if he has an affair or spies on the opposing party, but not for war crimes? What is wrong with that picture!?

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-06-2009 at 02:32 PM..

Old 09-06-2009, 02:51 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
Many People who believed the lies of Bush in the run up to the war wanted to believe in the government. Aren't we, as Americans, supposed to trust them to do the correct thing ? As details emerged, (yellow cake, crop dusters) and the propaganda machine went into full spin mode, many people opened their eyes, and turned against Powell, Bush, et al. Who in their right minds could believe a word that Rumsfeld said ? Too many. The rest of us protested, and were told that we were "Hollyweird" commie pinkos, and a threat to national security. Weeks earlier, the threat was from "Saddam's 45 minute anthrax drones." How soon people forget.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:00 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The fact remains that Bush was not just wrong. By wrong it sounds like an error. He blatantly lied. I believed him, Congress believed him. We were $hmucks, plain and simple. Duped by a puppet of Cheney and the rest of the Neocons. I voted for Bush after 9/11, which made me that much angrier when the truth started to come into focus. You cannot bury dung under the rug or rebuild a nation on lies, deceit and allow somethng of this magnitude not to be addressed. How would we perceive Germany if the war crimes there had not been addressed? America is built on a fake foundation if the guilty are not at least exposed. I cannot hope for real justice such as proper punishment for the perpetrators of these war crimes because of the power and money involved, but at least acknowledgment that crimes have indeed been committted in the name of this nation. What precedent has been set for future administrations? We only go after a POTUS if he has an affair or spies on the opposing party, but not for war crimes? What is wrong with that picture!?
I do agree with many of your points. But first off, before we go putting a former president in jail, I want to see the proof. And oh yeah he lied. We were a country in mourning and we were angry and we went along. Do I agree with the toruture? No. As I said I'm not crying for them. I do cry for the innocents that were put through that simply because they were Muslims or Arabs. I didn't like Gitmo only because that American in me felt that at least they should have been put on trial instead of just sitting there for years.

Nixon lied and committed a crime by illegally wiretapping the opposition. Clinton, not because of the affair, but because he lied. And if it is proven that Bush lied about certain things that went on, then go for it. He deserves no less.

If you want to get down to it Roosevelt and Truman bombed innocent civilians. Kennedy and Johnson were responsible for the deaths of how many in Viet Nam? But that was war. But it was not a blatant extermination of a race of people like what went on in Nazi Germany. And we are at war with the terrorists. Like I said I want to see the proof that laws were broken. Not some guy trying to save his butt by blaming someone else.

Every president and member of Congress should be held accountable for what they do in office. If this isn't a wake up call for us be more vigilant as citizens as to what goes on than nothing will be. And as I think of it, after 9/11, anyone that protested against what was happening or spoke out against it were shouted down and accused of being terrorist sympathizers.

And let's all remember that while we have a president and a congress, a lot goes on with all the agencies that they don't even know. Those movies about those kinds of things are based on some kind of fact. And that is was scares me the most.

I just want to add that while I support Obama on many things that he is trying to do, I do listen and pay attention to those who are against him. Not the "he isn't a citizen or he's a Muslim" gang. But the patriotic, sane Americans who are against what he is doing. This is how I learn. And this keeps me in check because I am so hoping that he turns this country around and I don't want to get caught up the "Obama mania". I just want him to help the citizens of this country.

Last edited by Catrick; 09-06-2009 at 03:09 PM..

Old 09-06-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Many People who believed the lies of Bush in the run up to the war wanted to believe in the government. Aren't we, as Americans, supposed to trust them to do the correct thing ? As details emerged, (yellow cake, crop dusters) and the propaganda machine went into full spin mode, many people opened their eyes, and turned against Powell, Bush, et al. Who in their right minds could believe a word that Rumsfeld said ? Too many. The rest of us protested, and were told that we were "Hollyweird" commie pinkos, and a threat to national security. Weeks earlier, the threat was from "Saddam's 45 minute anthrax drones." How soon people forget.
Can you believe that a few post back someone actually denied Bush having tied 9/11 to Saddam? It is unbelievable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies