Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:29 AM

674 posts, read 1,620,315 times

Advertisements

America is truly so boring on so many levels... there is no humor in anything, only accusations with grave seriousness. Here's a take from a British Parliamentary session...

YouTube - British politics at its best

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 12:40 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,805,056 times
One of the biggest difference I noticed between here and Europe is there dumb people know they're uneducated, here we have tens of millions running around with degrees from 4th rate universities and 5th rate colleges spouting rubbish under the mistaken impression they are educated people.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:05 PM

841 posts, read 2,261,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
One of the biggest difference I noticed between here and Europe is there dumb people know they're uneducated, here we have tens of millions running around with degrees from 4th rate universities and 5th rate colleges spouting rubbish under the mistaken impression they are educated people.
bingo..

To have a degree from LSE, Cambridge, Oxford, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Manchester, Nottingham is not looked upon as elitist. LOL Here in the U.S., a degree from any top institution and your immediately looked upon as a "know it all and of course a elitist. Only in the Great U.S., could such a paradox exist.
I mean for christ sake, we have Creationist and Birthers in Congress!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:12 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,054,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
bingo..

To have a degree from LSE, Cambridge, Oxford, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Manchester, Nottingham is not looked upon as elitist. LOL Here in the U.S., a degree from any top institution and your immediately looked upon as a "know it all and of course a elitist. Only in the Great U.S., could such a paradox exist.

That is paranoia if I have ever seen it. Who looks down upon anyone who graduated form an Ivy league school?

Of course you have no basis for your absurd assumption.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
So the only educated ones graduate from Havard?

So those millions of people who worked their asses off while having a career and going to school at night, obtaining a degree from what you refer to as "4th rate universities and 5th rate colleges " are not educated and shouldn't dare present an argument.

What a complete ahole you have made youself out to be.

Last edited by cleanhouse; 09-11-2009 at 01:23 PM..

Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
bingo..

Yes, it is hard to believe the level of lunacy that is accepted as normal in this country. I think that, in part, this sort of stupidity must have been circulating amongst the public when Hitler came to power. People must have embraced all sorts of stupidity. If not, they would have laughed Hitler out of the country.

I think people should have freedom to air their views, but when they are stupid they should be told so. Not all ideas are equal.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
That is paranoia if I have ever seen it. Who looks down upon anyone who graduated form an Ivy league school?

Of course you have no basis for your absurd assumption.

I seem to recall millions of people looking down upon Kerry, Bush, Kennedy
just to mention a few.
Ridickulous misuse of the term paranois BTW.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes, it is hard to believe the level of lunacy that is accepted as normal in this country. I think that, in part, this sort of stupidity must have been circulating amongst the public when Hitler came to power. People must have embraced all sorts of stupidity. If not, they would have laughed Hitler out of the country.

I think people should have freedom to air their views, but when they are stupid they should be told so. Not all ideas are equal.
Germans quickly learned that a visit from the Gestapo with a one-way ticket to camp was the price of laughing at Adolf.
Not only should people be told when they are wrong, in Christian theology
its considered a corporal act of mercy.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:58 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,243,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
America is truly so boring on so many levels... there is no humor in anything, only accusations with grave seriousness. Here's a take from a British Parliamentary session...

YouTube - British politics at its best

Boring - Obama is far from boring. What we do not have is a leader (regardless of whether you agree with his/her politics) that can inspire. This may look interesting - but in all reality, British politics is completely lacking any inspirational politican, any new ideas, and certainly any likely Prime Minister with a brain!

David Cameron - whilst entertaining in this clip, is completely dull, and lacking in the necessary skills to lead a western country.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I seem to recall millions of people looking down upon Kerry, Bush, Kennedy
just to mention a few.
Ridickulous misuse of the term paranois BTW.
People made fun of Bush's intelligence because he did not have a grasp on propper grammer at times. But you recalling people looking down on these people for their education level is erroneous. They were looked down upon because they are/ were politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies