Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:02 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
wtf??
Ya know I started to say that...........

Old 09-06-2009, 09:03 PM

22,188 posts, read 19,462,661 times
I have seen the threads about people asking if they would be accepted in certain areas. I have never seen anyone on here try to suggest all or even most whites are racist. Also many (though not all) of those threads tend to be about areas which have had questionable history regarding race relations. Now that doesn't mean a lot of those areas are even remotely the same today, but I don't see it as unreasonable for a minority to ask a question if they would be accepted in certain areas because of well our long history regarding race relations in this country.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:03 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
As I suspected, bad definition. Liberals are about social issues as much as economic issues. I don't believe a liberal can be a racist. Or rather a racist can't be a liberal.

I assume you are speaking only of white people.
wtf indeed.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:05 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Do you forget your posts that quickly? follow the trail it will come back to you.
No, it won't. Much of that "trail" you refer to is a figment of your imagination.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:13 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
No, it won't. Much of that "trail" you refer to is a figment of your imagination.
have you been drinking tonight?

Old 09-06-2009, 09:13 PM

486 posts, read 1,035,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Yeah, but we all agree that in terms of national economic/fiscal responsibility, liberals don't know their @ss from a hole in the ground. Putting a bunch of Ivy League Liars...excuse me...Lawyers in management of a budget is financial suicide...
I just want to point out that recently I've noticed a trend of (possibly embarrassed) Republicans trying to call themselves Libertarians.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:14 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
have you been drinking tonight?
Classy, real classy.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:17 PM

191 posts, read 120,178 times
WoW.....new to this forum but it looks like "silas777" makes many friends rather quickly!!! LOL!!!!

I don't believe that it is completely out of the question for people who move into other towns or areas of the country to ask about race tolerance in the specific region. Lets not lie to ourselves....this country has a lot of history. Like probably a whole lot of other countries as well. The point is to learn. I myself can run across people that often have negative things to say about my ethnicity or cultural background. It doesn't define who I am or what I have accomplished in life. My accomplishments are not measured on ethnic background but within my own personal goals. The lesson here to learn (I believe) is like any other difference. Don't judge, get to know people instead. I personally have many friends, many different backgrounds, different ages, and different ethnicities! They are all my friends and I love them all. I try not to judge and believe in stereotypes because it does no one any real benefit. I am not a liberal, conservative, libertarian, etc, I have an opinion and a belief and if it just so happens to coincide with someone than it does! No big deal. No labels. Just me!

P.S. Happen to be with a man (who happens to be white) and I myself am Mexican-American and we have a beautiful daughter. I am not on welfare, I do not use medical, I don't have 7 more children by different dads, my husband has all his teeth, his aunt is not his mom, and we do not live in a trailer park. Sorry maybe bad humor....but if we can't laugh...then what?

Old 09-06-2009, 09:22 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary12345 View Post
WoW.....new to this forum but it looks like "silas777" makes many friends rather quickly!!! LOL!!!!

I don't believe that it is completely out of the question for people who move into other towns or areas of the country to ask about race tolerance in the specific region. Lets not lie to ourselves....this country has a lot of history. Like probably a whole lot of other countries as well. The point is to learn. I myself can run across people that often have negative things to say about my ethnicity or cultural background. It doesn't define who I am or what I have accomplished in life. My accomplishments are not measured on ethnic background but within my own personal goals. The lesson here to learn (I believe) is like any other difference. Don't judge, get to know people instead. I personally have many friends, many different backgrounds, different ages, and different ethnicities! They are all my friends and I love them all. I try not to judge and believe in stereotypes because it does no one any real benefit. I am not a liberal, conservative, libertarian, etc, I have an opinion and a belief and if it just so happens to coincide with someone than it does! No big deal. No labels. Just me!

P.S. Happen to be with a man (who happens to be white) and I myself am Mexican-American and we have a beautiful daughter. I am not on welfare, I do not use medical, I don't have 7 more children by different dads, my husband has all his teeth, his aunt is not his mom, and we do not live in a trailer park. Sorry maybe bad humor....but if we can't laugh...then what?
I definitely laughed at the 7 or more kids.
You mean you're Hispanic and only have ONE kid? Say it ain't so!!
Of course the same stereotype could apply to black women.

Even in my own household my mom and I sometimes heckle my step-dad about racial issues. It's all in good fun.
Some of the people at my mom's joke remarked, "You went from a black husband and a black car to a white husband and a white truck." Now she has a silver car but it's still funny.

We have a black dog and my step-dad refers to him as his daddy and often I say, "Oh don't believe it Rudy (our dog). Your daddy's black!"

Old 09-06-2009, 09:28 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Is anyone sick of the stereotype that all whites are racist?

I personally could care less.

Call me anything you want 'cept late for supper and I'll be just fine.

People in this nation really need to grow up and get over themselves.

Black, white, yellow, brown, orange, purple or whatever .. we're all here, so how do you like that?

The government and the special interests will never let racism go because there is too much money to be made from it. As long as they can continue to perpetuate the racist myth, they'll be fine.

I'm an American, and by that, racism loses by default .. every single time.

Last edited by bigskydude; 09-06-2009 at 09:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies