Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:11 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times

Advertisements

And as is all to often necessary, you have to go to Fox News to get both sides of the story.

U.S. Military Challenge Allegations of Misconduct at Afghan Hospital - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

KRAMERCAT, your status as a 9/11 Truther does not leave me hopeful that you will even bother to read the link I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 09:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Under most reasonable considerations, I have been a terrorist but I had the sanction of the US Government so I got away with it. Sorry, Charlie.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:36 AM

638 posts, read 929,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
Had you acted in such educated manner when Bush was going to war...for the untouchable WMDs and the star link between the missing Ben and the crazy arab...There would have been no war to end today.

EXACTLY

Old 09-08-2009, 09:59 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
A question to the OP> What, exactly, is it you would have the president do? Zip on over and take personal command on the battlefield armed with overwhelming humanitarian aspirations? I'm thinking that the soldiers who tossed this 'hospital' had a good reason to do so. From their point of view anyway. The president cannot stop things like this from happening. It's utter chaos over there. Young men and women are getting shot at from all directions on a daily basis. Their reality does not extend beyond day to day survival. Lofty morality, revolving around what buildings are on or off someones 'target list' don't factor in and the president is not on the ground with them. Neither are the folks who would leap to judge their actions in combat. Whether or not we should be there is moot, we are, and we need to get behind OUR people.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:43 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
And as is all to often necessary, you have to go to Fox News to get both sides of the story.

U.S. Military Challenge Allegations of Misconduct at Afghan Hospital - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

KRAMERCAT, your status as a 9/11 Truther does not leave me hopeful that you will even bother to read the link I posted.
'go to Fox news to get BOTH sides of the story' - LOL that's the funniest thing I've read today.
As a 9-11 'truther' it shows that I have the intelligence to question when the laws of Physics no longer seem apply in this universe - something you obviously don't have the capability of doing.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:45 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
now that's the funniest thing I've read all day

Old 09-08-2009, 01:45 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
A question to the OP> What, exactly, is it you would have the president do? Zip on over and take personal command on the battlefield armed with overwhelming humanitarian aspirations? I'm thinking that the soldiers who tossed this 'hospital' had a good reason to do so. From their point of view anyway. The president cannot stop things like this from happening. It's utter chaos over there. Young men and women are getting shot at from all directions on a daily basis. Their reality does not extend beyond day to day survival. Lofty morality, revolving around what buildings are on or off someones 'target list' don't factor in and the president is not on the ground with them. Neither are the folks who would leap to judge their actions in combat. Whether or not we should be there is moot, we are, and we need to get behind OUR people.
'It's utter chaos over there' because we are bombing willy nilly and racking up corpses. Who wants us there - not the Afgans. Who then - people like you? Is that a good enough reason to be there? I don't think so.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:59 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Nice source.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:02 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Default I'm sorry, I can no longer defend Obama's inactions - US forces now have attacked a hospital, what's next, an orphanage?

The plain truth is that we should have been out of Afghanistan several years ago. But Bush neglected it in favor of his made-up war in Iraq. Now, it's Obama's mess to clean up. It will have some nasty incidents all the way to the end. Clean up isn't pretty, but it's necessary.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:02 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
One of my good friends was an Army Ranger. When he was in Iraq, his entire platoon or whatever it is called, leveled a childrens hospital because they "thought" someone was on the roof and going to attack them. They demolished the hospital killing pretty much everyone inside including dozens of children, doctors, and nurses.

My friend still has nightmares about it.

This was done under BUSH. In a war that should of never been started.

What happened at this hospital is nothing compared to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies