Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:20 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times

Advertisements

voting on race alone gets you coleman young and everything he did for Detroit. It's legal, but it's still about the most ignorant thing a person can do and I mean that for ANY person that votes on race alone. Vote for quality or how they stack up with what you support, but do not let their race, sex, religion, or anything like that be a factor.

BTW, my wife's company is closing their two stores in Atlanta. They do not like the economy there at all. They're opening more stores in Texas, though..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 09:23 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
BTW, my wife's company is closing their two stores in Atlanta. They do not like the economy there at all. They're opening more stores in Texas, though..

Plenty of companies have moved from Arkansas to Mexico. Your thoughts about that?

Old 09-06-2009, 09:30 PM

195 posts, read 427,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Where is the outrage on this?

Where are the major news stations, the NY Times? - Where is the outrage from our great President?

This is a major black organization issuing a racist memo, calling on blacks to vote along the color line. Here is the article:

'Black agenda' memo stirs mayor race*| ajc.com

And, here is a list of the member organizations (including the NAACP) that support this racist organization:

..:: Welcome To Black Leaders Forum, INC. ::.. (http://www.blackleadershipforum.org/members.html - broken link)

Membership includes not just the NAACP, but also:

National Black Law Students Association
National Black MBA Association
National Congress for Black Women
and, more and more....

This is a disgrace, and shows the hypocrisy of these organizations.

There is no excuse for this...

Some Caucasians vote for just Caucasians. Nothing new to me. I vote how I wanna vote. Plus Caucasians been doing the same thing for decades.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:38 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
That's true as well and just because I didn't mention these people in my earlier post, doesn't mean I don't believe this is true. I'm pretty sure it's true or otherwise Obama wouldn't have won. Plenty of white, Hispanic, Asian, biracial, etc people voted for him.

Sometimes it's better to vote for someone who is the same race as you.
ok, so if all whites voted that way, there won't be another black president for a long time. What would be said if this were to happen?

Old 09-06-2009, 10:01 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
So what if Atlanta elects a white mayor? Doesn't make the city any "less black". Now if Atlanta had never had a black mayor, I might be inclined to think differently.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:04 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,165 times
Default Look at the phonies posting here, the hypocrites...

This is pure racism...nothing else.

And you people posting here denying this are just showing how out of touch with realiity you are. This is what I suspect about the exreme left - the extreme liberals - They are actually nuts! -Just as nuts as any right wing extremist.

Spin it all you want in you own minds - The people see just what is going on.

I am sorry to say that this current extreme "liberal orgy" that's going on in politics today is going to set race relations back 50 years.

I think that it is true, that the liberals want to keep blacks "down" - otherwise they will have no victims to to rally.

Think about it. A perfect example - For years the liberals fought for social services for the minorities. Then, for political convenience, Bill Clinton puts the clamp on welfare..."And the cycle of economic oppression started over"

So, they defend this nonsense..At least for now. They've got Obama as the "Patsy in the White House". It's all going to reflect back on him.

And hey!..Who's going to come in to save the day - To run for President in a few years?

...How about a Kennedy?..."They'll save the party!...They'll save the poor oppressed minorities!...They'll give you a friend in the White House!"

What a scam!

The real power brokers (like the Kennedy's), have given a black man the chance in the White House...But, let's face it..."Things got out of hand...Hey, Obamas own people just got a little too out of hand and too cocky."

"The white liberals will save you!"..."They'll take care of you!"

"And look...We got a whole new batch of Kennedy's!"..."Thanks for keeping the seat warm Obama!...We'll name a Holiday after you!"

This is indeed an interesting game developing. Surely they don't think that people in this country are going to accept this nonsense for much longer. Except of course you very faithful foot-soldiers that are posting your illogical nonsense here.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:59 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
If idiots continue to vote along color lines or party lines or religious lines there is little to be done for them --- they deserve the government they will likely get.

Critical thought is lost in politics these days. Yes, the Irish have historically had Boston etc etc....but those days of the NINA laws are long past just as Jim Crow is (although not in the memories of those that experienced it). To continue to vote based on something as superficial as race or religion is dangerous - who knows if the guy you are voting for can actually do the job beyond having the same ethnicity.

But like I said, certain cities (Boston, Chicago - there is a 'clean' city, eh?) have this type of identity politics deeply ingrained and as a result they also have corruption and ineptitude deeply ingrained as well.

Let the people vote for who they want for whatever the reasons.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:03 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
And?

People are free to vote how they like.
Atlanta is a hotbed of unqualified, race baiting, poverty pimps who call themselves politicians.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:29 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,165 times
Default Still no coverage from the major media

The only 2 places I am reading about this is the Atlanta Journal and the Christian Science Monitor.

How cowardly is the rest of the media?

I know CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, The New York Times and others are simply left wing flunkies - But even FOX news avoids it, because of the race card threats against it.

Good-bye to honesty in the media!

This is a national disgrace.

At least some noble Black leaders in Atlanta are speaking out against this. (nobility you will not find on this board).

Again, I feel that the liberals (politicians and media) are going to set back race relations 50 years because of this type of dishonesty. People are just fed-up with it.

And for those that say "well now you know how it feels" - Great, that means that we know some idiots are looking for revenge, not equality.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:16 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Where is the outrage on this?

Where are the major news stations, the NY Times? - Where is the outrage from our great President?

This is a major black organization issuing a racist memo, calling on blacks to vote along the color line. Here is the article:

'Black agenda' memo stirs mayor race*| ajc.com

And, here is a list of the member organizations (including the NAACP) that support this racist organization:

..:: Welcome To Black Leaders Forum, INC. ::.. (http://www.blackleadershipforum.org/members.html - broken link)

Membership includes not just the NAACP, but also:

National Black Law Students Association
National Black MBA Association
National Congress for Black Women
and, more and more....

This is a disgrace, and shows the hypocrisy of these organizations.

There is no excuse for this...
Did you read EVERY WORD in both articles? The body of your post is totally misleading. The person in the organization that drafted the EMAIL letter, was condemned by others for the wording and stated that they do not express their views. The one candidate mentioned that they are the "best black" candidate for the job, apparently there are other black candidates also campaigning for mayor.

I do agree that this story should have been picked up, but again how often do stories from the south make their way to the main stream unless someone got caught with their pants down, or something happened to a black person by a white person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies