Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:34 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Of course not, don't be ridiculous.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of answering the question.

No, Bush doesn't get a pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I can't tell what wins the stupid competition this week. Is it the "Obama's indoctrinating our kids!" hysteria, or the "Redefining 9/11" idiocy? It's really hard to tell.

I really don't understand these people. Do they really think that the way to help their country be a better place is to go insane at every chance they get? To scream "he's destroying America!" whenever President Obama uses a teleprompter?

Whatever happened to personal integrity and a sense of dignity? Has the right totally lost that?

The coalition distributing the ads, Americans for Stable Quality Care, is funded largely by the pharmaceutical industry and includes the American Medical Association; Families USA; the Federation of American Hospitals; the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, known as PhRMA; and the Service Employees International Union. PhRMA has promised to contribute as much as $150 million for advertising and grass-roots activity to help pass Obama's health-care reform package.

Obama to Take On Health-Care Critics - washingtonpost.com

Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
momonkey & all of you....others. Riddle me this....why have you decided to stonewall what newtoli has told you on this thread? Have all on board taken a pact to become brain dead on certain issues? It's curious...because, the evidence has been laid out for you all, yet you totally gloss over it time & time again. I'll say this: it renders all of you as inept posters & completely unworthy of being on this forum for the simple fact that you refuse to engage in discussion that is given to you on a silver platter as total fact. Yet, you refuse to acknowledge. I'd say you're unworthy of any sort of further discussion on this forum.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I've read this from you in this thread for several days now and I just have to ask you - how in the world do you see 'insult' to anyone in asking Americans to spend the day volunteering? No one is 'redefining' the day. We all know what happened that day - most of us in fact still have nightmares about it, whether we were there in those cities, lost someone close to us or simply watched in shock as it unfolded 2-3,000 miles away. We all watched as people who could have simply fled instead volunteered their time and other assets to help in any way they could, whether it was by handing out bottles of water, digging in the rubble to find bodies, helping survivors out of danger or whatever. If you think asking Americans to continue that volunteerism 'insults' those who died that day or insults those who were helped by that volunteerism, then I think it is YOU who is seeing things differently from the majority of Americans.

The United We Serve initiative kicks off on June 22, and runs for 81 days through a new National Day of Service and Remembrance on September 11.

See how it got redefined?

All we need now are balloons and confetti.

http://www.americorps.gov/about/news...tbl_pr_id=1377

Old 09-08-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
momonkey & all of you....others. Riddle me this....why have you decided to stonewall what newtoli has told you on this thread? Have all on board taken a pact to become brain dead on certain issues? It's curious...because, the evidence has been laid out for you all, yet you totally gloss over it time & time again. I'll say this: it renders all of you as inept posters & completely unworthy of being on this forum for the simple fact that you refuse to engage in discussion that is given to you on a silver platter as total fact. Yet, you refuse to acknowledge. I'd say you're unworthy of any sort of further discussion on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The United We Serve initiative kicks off on June 22, and runs for 81 days through a new National Day of Service and Remembrance on September 11.

See how it got redefined?

All we need now is ballons and confetti.

AmeriCorps.gov > Press Release - Detail
Is it really so hard?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:10 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post

I sometimes wonder if this site is linked on Free Republic somewhere..

Old 09-08-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I sometimes wonder if this site is linked on Free Republic somewhere..
Or DERRRRI'MANIDIOT.COM

Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Yup, "Respect" for 9/11 would be to not hold for-profit classes relating to your teaparty ON 9/11.

Tea Parties on 9/11?

Link?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:17 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Originally Posted by Glenn Beck

It took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims’ families. Took me about a year. And I had such compassion for them, and I rea. . . and you know I wanted to help ‘em and I was behind, and you know let’s give ‘em money, let’s get started and you know, all of this stuff, and I really didn’t – all the 3,000 victims’ families, I don’t hate all of them, I hate about probably about 10 of them. But when I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh, shut up!' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining. And we did our best for ‘em.

OMG! That man can barely utter an intelligible sentence! I am not at all surprised to see that he would say something as horrendous as he hates the 9/11 families. OMG! What a loser.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:19 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Prior to the tea party on the 12th, they are holding several activist "workshops". It's on the main tea party site 912DC.ORG under agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies