U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:28 PM

4,628 posts, read 10,052,112 times

Advertisements

*Health Care industry spends close to two million dollars per day lobbying Congress to kill an affordable health care option for US citizens., i.e., maintain the status quo.

*The US is the world's only industrialized nation where citizens go bankrupt to pay for medical expenses

This is an group of Oregon docs and nurses who started a campaign today to help change our health care system. Nice to have docs on board, as most are ~

madashelldoctors.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 07:13 PM

3,019 posts, read 3,313,898 times
Interesting.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:17 PM

9,855 posts, read 9,966,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
*Health Care industry spends close to two million dollars per day lobbying Congress to kill an affordable health care option for US citizens., i.e., maintain the status quo.

*The US is the world's only industrialized nation where citizens go bankrupt to pay for medical expenses

This is an group of Oregon docs and nurses who started a campaign today to help change our health care system. Nice to have docs on board, as most are ~

madashelldoctors.com
I doubt "most" doctors are on board. All of my doctors got a packet from the Texas Medical Association today urging them to not to allow the government to rush them and their patients into healthcare reform. They sent several items to place in the waiting room for the patients to review if they choose to do so.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:02 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,158,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post

madashelldoctors.com
Unfortunately, this is not a fact, at least not yet. I work in healthcare and I am behind healthcare reform. I know quite a few doctors who support it too, but we need a lot more of them on board.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:40 PM

8,994 posts, read 14,171,652 times
60% of Doctors support single-payer.
60% of Americans support single-payer...

YouTube - Ed On Single-Payer

Too bad people at the town halls weren't talking about single payer and demanding their representative support a single-payer system.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 PM

25,098 posts, read 37,737,332 times
There will be NO SINGLE PAYER HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 9,966,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I agree.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:59 PM

192 posts, read 209,138 times
60% of people don't want to work and want everyone else to provide for them. Hey! I'd like to stop working and let everyone else take care of me, travel the world, etc. But I have a sense of dignity, everything I earn I did through hard work, everything I do is funded by my dollar, I do it all on my own, without the help of the government. It would be so nice to not have to pay for anything though.
My aunt who is living on welfare has an IPhone. I don't even have an Iphone. She has designer clothing, good food, etc, all things that someone else worked for and the government stole from them.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:04 PM

31,763 posts, read 27,627,397 times
Quote:
You're right (for a change). There is no single payer health insurance program on the agenda. To the dismay of a lot of health care providers who are fed up with the current system and want single payer system. Physicians for a National Health Program is a good example of that. 17,000 members and counting.

"The Physicians for a National Health Program proposes to cover all Americans under a single, comprehensive public insurance program without copayments or deductibles and with free choice of provider. Such a national health program could reap tens of billions of dollars in administrative savings in the initial years, enough to fund generous increases in health care services not only for the uninsured, but for the underinsured as well."

More here: Liberal Benefits, Conservative Spending

Old 09-10-2009, 11:08 PM

4,628 posts, read 10,052,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Unfortunately, this is not a fact, at least not yet. I work in healthcare and I am behind healthcare reform. I know quite a few doctors who support it too, but we need a lot more of them on board.
I'm sorry about misstating that. It was probably wishful thinking...

Quote:
Not now anyway. With nearly 50 million - and climbing - uninsured people in this country, what alternative changes do you suggest? Other than lower and middle class working people declaring bankruptcy, having their meager retirement and SS checks garnished to be able to afford meds?

BTW, my doctor keeps several copies of a book in his waiting room. He gives these books away. It was written by an MD who espouses massive changes, realistic and affordable ones, in our insurance business. Not one suggestion of which is the single payer system. It's quite an eye-opener as to who runs the insurance business in this country.

Something's going to give, whether you are prepared for it or not.

Thanks for the links, einstein.

Last edited by Wicked Felina; 09-10-2009 at 11:10 PM.. Reason: cross-posted w/einstein
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies