Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I was 72 at the time, after all. I sure am glad that we didn't have the system that all these Dems want. I doubt I would have enjoyed being told to just tough it out until the "big one" came along.
Glad you are still with us. We need voices like yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 12:02 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
An EXCELLENT example of what we can expect with obamacare.
So you're saying nothing is going to change?

Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
BS. I have a close family member with diabetes. The insurance company is constantly reminding him of the tests he should be taking, they have saved hundreds of dollars on prescriptions drugs, they keep in touch with him on a regular basis, looking to see how they can advise and help him control his diabetes.
One 'close family member' anecdote does not equal the thousands of patients I see every year. There are a large number of denied claims made by non-medical personnel. These are people who are given lists of what are 'normal' diagnostic testing for a given diagnosis. Fall out of the norm and denial is eminent. How many diagnosis are as cut and dried as a simple laceration? Because it was a simple laceration the insurer denied coverage for the medication. I will order it dependent on how the wound was obtained>dirty, rust, animal, timing.... Even though I document the rational, I end up writing a letter to the insurance company to explain the rationale for my treatment. That letter is usually reviewed by a person with medical training and they maybe the patient is reimbures for the payment.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Isn't one of the issues for liberals the outlandish 4% profit margin of health insurance companies?
You mean the 4% profit they claim after they pay their CEO 120 million a year? Or the 4% they claim after there sale trips to Cancun. Oh wait a minute where does that 4% come from certainly not from these guys.

3rd UPDATE: UnitedHealth 2Q Profit Doubles, Membership Declines - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20090721-711785.html - broken link)

Quote:
You know, when I take my auto parts back to the store to get reimbursed for the core charge they aren't always rebuildable. Some are losers, but the law is such that they are required to accept it. They get the good with the bad. So why would this be different?

In the case of elderly patients, they could be bundled with the young and healthy to offset the cost.
Have you checked with the young to see if they would be OK with paying for the oldsters. Or is it your plan to just take there money and tell them to shut up?

Old 09-09-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Bet a lot of folks won't like the panel recommendations...
No. And there are people today who don't like the insurers' mandates regarding who and what they will and will not cover. We need a in change in our health care coverage. Status quo is not acceptable. I'm willing to give a health insurance plan a chance.

There are already 'standards of care' in all clinics and hospitals. 'Panals' who make recommendations on how and what is acceptable treatment for almost every diagnosis you can imagine. The standards of care do not just address the diagnosis but the age/health/sex/co-morbities of the patient. I wish the people who are jumping up and down, screaming fear and spouting lies about the healthcare plan being proposed knew more about the health care system in place before they started foaming at the mouth.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:42 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
An EXCELLENT example of what we can expect with obamacare.

Explain how you know that.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
It's on!! Seems bambam and team did not like Palin's Op-ed last night. According to the lefties, why should they care? They do, trust me, they do.

White House talking points blast Palin - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Quote:
On Gov. Palin's Attacks

Every non-partisan organization that has looked at her claims say they are false. And the ideas in her op-ed are both scary and risky. Eliminating Medicare and giving our seniors vouchers instead is a bad idea that we shouldn't adopt.
Her response; GOLDEN!!

//www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=130980188434

Quote:
I'm pleased that the White House is finally responding to Republican health care ideas instead of pretending they don't exist.[1] But in doing so President Obama should follow his own sound advice and avoid making "wild misrepresentations".
Quote:
One last thing: after President Obama's speech tonight, listen for which pundits use the words "false", "scary", and "risky" in describing the proposals I put forward. That's how you'll be able to tell who the White House counted as "allies" worthy of receiving its talking points.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:11 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambina View Post
Celebrity? Must be, you can book her for dinner (ebay), if you have $25.000.... Dinner With Palin Auctioned on eBay - Political News - FOXNews.com

so she basically selling herself.. might as well be a prostitute with that price im pretty sure sex is involved, it better be, 25,000 should cover on-call visits from her for the next____ ___s!

Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Yes, BS, absolutely. Maybe YOUR doctor behaves that way, but the doctors we see certainly don't. In fact, they encourage, almost on the verge of pestering, to get get specific procedures/testing done.
You clearly do not understand how health care works. Here is a real life example:

A kid had a head injury in a trampoline accident. The insurance company would not let a CAT scan be done without "prior authorization", in other words some high school drop out at the insurance co. has to waste a bunch of time in an emergency situation asking stupid questions like "did the patient hit their head?"; "did the pt. lose consciousness?", etc. The ordering doctor finally said have them do the CAT scan and I'll fight the insurance company later. It often takes an hour or more on the phone with a dumb-azz voice recognition system to actually even get to the high school drop out or any other real person.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
BS. I have a close family member with diabetes. The insurance company is constantly reminding him of the tests he should be taking, they have saved hundreds of dollars on prescriptions drugs, they keep in touch with him on a regular basis, looking to see how they can advise and help him control his diabetes.
All hail BC/BS! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies