Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 03:24 PM

6,796 posts, read 14,018,392 times

Advertisements

I'm black and I voted for Obama. Having said this I do not agree with everything he is doing. I did not vote for Bush. Having said this I did not disagree with everything he done. I know whites who disagree with Obama that are not racist. I know whites who use that disagreement to hide behind there racism. I know blacks who believe anyone who says anything bad about Obama is racist. I know blacks who would call Bush a racist even if they could not give you one example why they think this. My point is you can always find someone to make your point. I personally think the term racist is thrown around to much. What many people consider is racist is actually bigotry. It's okay to disagree with the president. People have been doing since the founding of our country. I just hate when people don't present there argument with facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 03:37 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I'm black and I voted for Obama. Having said this I do not agree with everything he is doing. I did not vote for Bush. Having said this I did not disagree with everything he done. I know whites who disagree with Obama that are not racist. I know whites who use that disagreement to hide behind there racism. I know blacks who believe anyone who says anything bad about Obama is racist. I know blacks who would call Bush a racist even if they could not give you one example why they think this. My point is you can always find someone to make your point. I personally think the term racist is thrown around to much. What many people consider is racist is actually bigotry. It's okay to disagree with the president. People have been doing since the founding of our country. I just hate when people don't present there argument with facts.
I'm white and I a disagree with Obama on many points and don't like his associations. I didn't agree with Bush on everything but more than with Obama. To me colors, race, religion, whatever else there is...isn't important to me as long as people are allowed to disagree without the name calling and being respectful. At the moment I have more issues with Pelosi than with Obama. Pelosi is just rude and not respectful and thinks she is in charge and perhaps she is...

IMo it is great that we live in a country that has proven that people who are self made, can become the president and people from a wealthy background can become president...

I don't care if a woman will be the president or not, just as I don't care if a Jewish (I'm Jewish) person will be the president, or a black person, white, Indian, Chinese, Hispanic, etc...to me the most important thing is that the person has proven to have a good background, experienced enough to do the job, has skills to get along with both sides/bi partisan and a Uniter.

The best person for the job whoever it may be...I know nobody is perfect....but to me Obama isn't the one...Condaleza Rice would be a great example...if it has to be a woman.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:10 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Nice little story you gave me there...obviously at some point during that schooling of yours you fell asleep during reading comprehension. My post never mentioned me being affiliated with the teaching system. When we interview prospective summer associates, we are given copies of their transcripts -- I can only guess that is how you deduced I am a teacher. Regardless, let me school you on this -- you don't need to say that Blacks are inferior to whites. Anyone with a quarter of a brain can see the angle you're getting at..and it's a tired, retread angle that has been disproven by my first hand accounts, the fact that we have a Harvard and Princeton educated First Couple who happen to be Black, and test scores. Blacks have as much a "God Given Talent" when it comes to academia as anyone else. We all are born with an aptitude to learn. It is how this aptitude is developed and environmental circumstances that dictate how it progresses. The real problem here is that many minorities buy into your stupid "God Given Talent is Sports" bulls***. Your truth is not fact. You probably measure up so little in life that you need to put another race down. Crawl back in your little hick hole.

PS - I am not from Austin. Williamson County is not known for being liberal. Nice try though.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Uncle Toms or Aunt Jemimas depending on gender.
Or Oreos...

[shrug]

Old 09-11-2009, 08:20 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,331,257 times
Of course it's Uncle Toms.

Blacks need to fall in line with the Obama agenda, if they disagree they are sub-human degenerates who don't deserve the right to express themselves...

I think I have the Left-wing view on race, when it isn't beneficial to them.

"We want your votes, but we want to you to sit down and shut up. We know what's best for every Black person." -- Future DNC Press Release.

The Dems are the party of Bull Connor, Nathan Bedford Forrest, Robert Byrd (former KKK member), and George Wallace. Nearly every famous segregationist of the 20th century has been a Democrat, I guess those thoughts are still pervasive.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 PM

398 posts, read 729,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Lately I have seen more and more black people who don'y agree with Obama and I feel awful for them. Many Obama supporters blame every one who is against Obama's political views, to be a racist.

I don't care anymore to be called a racist since I know I'm not a racist and it says more about the people saying it...it shows they can't win with normal discussions but have to put a label on a person they disagree with..., but for black people now to be called racists aswell, seems to make their cause to fight racism in the previous years, look all done for nothing if the word is misused by stupid brainless people.
Why is it always about race?

Old 09-11-2009, 08:25 PM

654 posts, read 465,958 times
I didn't vote for Obama and have been critical of him since his race to Presidency. Not once have I been called a racist. I have been erroneously called a neo-con at times, but never a racist for disagreeing with Obama.

Then again, I am not a birther, a deather, or a Beck aficionado.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:01 PM

301 posts, read 1,371,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
No, you're wrong. Your color has a lot to do with your IQ. IQ isn't a function of money or who is where on financial scale. It's that blacks in general aren't as intelligent as whites and Asians. I'm not saying they're dumb by any means. I'm just saying that isn't their gifting.

Let me ask you this. Are there no white RBs in the NFL because whites didn't have access to good schools and good coaches and good training rooms? Did blacks just have a lot more of that and that's why blacks are so much better?
Man Man Man people like you are turning this family forum into Stormfront pt.2 The IQ gap was at 15 one point now it's at around 10.

http://www.brookings.edu/views/paper...9_response.pdf

You can also find a final version of it here:
AEI - The Bush Presidency (http://www.aei.org/events/eventID.14...nt_detail.asp# - broken link)

^
In the gray box on the right side under "Related Material" there are links to:

1. The original Flynn/Dickens study which is the one that Rushton and Jensen were responding to in Prokofiev's article which opened this thread. It is the one called "James R. Flynn's paper, co-authored with William T. Dickens." This is the actual paper as published in the October edition of the journal Psychological Science.

2. The critique by Rushton and Jensen. This is the one called "Rushton and Jensen's paper." This is the actual paper that Prokofiev's article discussed.

3. The Flynn/Dickens rebuttal of the Rushton/Jensen critique. This is the one called "James R. Flynn's paper, co-authored with William T. Dickens, II."

Old 09-12-2009, 06:11 PM

19 posts, read 22,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
The dems and the liberal media are going to call people racist who disagree with their liberal agenda. Of course we all know that whites aren't racist against blacks--about 99% of us anyway. This has become a tool that the liberal dems use to make sure that blacks remain on their white liberal plantation. In other words, the dems insist on a lock on the black vote because they can't win elections without it. They desperately want to keep racism alive. It's time for people in conservative white media to stand up and say enough of these idiotic racism charges. Enough of clowns like Rev. JJ, big AL and a host of other white libs in the media too many to name. Racism is an industry and a political tool. But look what happened to Glen Beck when he brought charges of racism against Obama. All hell broke lose in the media and sponsers jumped ship. This is the one subject that even white conservative radio host are afraid to touch for fear of losing their jobs. What needs to be talked about is how the black slaves on the white liberal planation are now enjoying a 70% illegetimacy rate, 50% high school drop out rate, and a crime rate that 8.3 times higher than white crime. We need to have honest discussions about all of this, but somehow the country is in a state of paranoia when talking about negative things in the black community.
well said

Old 09-12-2009, 06:35 PM

247 posts, read 379,839 times
I still think in some backwoods areas where folks don't get out much, there's still a need to teach social acceptance. Some people (for whatever reasons) just don't seem to like folks that aren't like them. I feel bad for those kinds of people because there's so much to be learned from having an ethnically diverse culture.

I call myself a Neapolitan Man. I'm not any specific race because I'm a mix of several. My Dad is Mexican and Chinese, my Mom is Black, White, and Indian.

My wife is Hawaiian and Japanese, and we have 3 adopted kids (along with our own 5) that are special needs kids (1 deaf, 1 blind, one with down syndrome). Our adopted kids are from Taiwan, Africa, and Mexico.

People just need to stop the labeling. Then they need to learn to "listen," and not just talk. So many problems could be solved if people weren't so damned narrow minded.

It's not about this party, that party, this color of person, that religion, this gender of person -- it's about the future of our Country. Doesn't anyone get that?! Isn't our country worth enough to everyone else to lay down the pettiness and get down to business to be willing to work to fix the issues before we fall down on our collective ass?

Really people. Drop the labels. Grow the hell up. This country will NOT survive if people don't start taking their role in it seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies