Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:42 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times

Advertisements

It's not about disagreeing w/ Obama. I'm Black/White mixed and I didn't vote for him either. What it's about is the dumb **** like questioning his residency status or pulling your kids out of school when he speaks. Nothing Obama has proposed so far is anything further left than what passes for center in most of Europe or has been thought up by the likes of Clinton, McGovern, Mondale, et al....

It amazes me that there are people in this country who really do believe that you can write songs like "Magic Negro" or call him "Hussein" and seriously expect us oh-so-evil-brown folks to see you as allies. I pretty much abstain from politics more and more, becuase it's like watching Jerry Springer.

I don't agree w/ the left, and abhor their shining track record of race baiting snce the CRM. But sometimes a duck really is a duck, and the things some people on the right do attract such negitive attention for a reason.

Lemme break this down for you:

If some Black pundit called McCain the "Marvelous Mick" or Sara Palin a "Snowbunny", what would you say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,222 times
Exclamation Ha-Ha Yourself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
What is all that babbling? Another black guy with an attitude in Cincinnati? I can accept that fact that black guys score 185 to 240 points less on their SAT than whites because they just don't have as much upstairs as us white folks. But I'm guessing you got an 800 and your major was Pre-NFL? Haha.
Way to show your supposed superiority there...his location is not an issue, but your little snarky remark is...

The right way to reply would have been to ask that gentleman to maybe clarify his post a little further, and maybe he would have obliged you, and then you 2 would have been able to discuss the issue a little further from a different level...

But no, you took the low road instead, and decided to reply with some silliness about SAT scores and imaginary college majors...bad choice...and by the way, I'm black, and I've been known to have a little bit of an attitude sometimes

Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 AM

140 posts, read 270,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Way to show your supposed superiority there...his location is not an issue, but your little snarky remark is...

The right way to reply would have been to ask that gentleman to maybe clarify his post a little further, and maybe he would have obliged you, and then you 2 would have been able to discuss the issue a little further from a different level...

But no, you took the low road instead, and decided to reply with some silliness about SAT scores and imaginary college majors...bad choice...and by the way, I'm black, and I've been known to have a little bit of an attitude sometimes
Yeah, Queens2QueenCity is way too nice a guy to be a black guy from Cincinnati or Detroit or Philly. BTW, what did you get on your SAT? Mathmatics is not silliness, but rather an exact science. And it is a mathmatical fact that on average blacks score 185 to 240 points lower than whites on their SAT. OTOH what color is EVERY running back in the NFL? Also Pre-NFL is certainly a major for some college ball players. It may not be in the guidebook, but it is certainly real. And BTW captain I'm not intimidated with your "I just bees ah bad azz ****** from da hood" attitude. I'm not going to back down like most white folk do when you start giving them your attitude. OK?

More to the point. This is why I say people who cry racism are liars. They want blacks (and every other miniority) to have "equality of results" and not equality of opportunity. Sorry, but no amount of money can make you black guys have equal SAT scores with whites. And no amount of money can make 70% (percentage of white population in America) of RBs in the NFL white. We can't insure that a black president succeeds just because he is black.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:19 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
It's not about disagreeing w/ Obama. I'm Black/White mixed and I didn't vote for him either. What it's about is the dumb **** like questioning his residency status or pulling your kids out of school when he speaks. Nothing Obama has proposed so far is anything further left than what passes for center in most of Europe or has been thought up by the likes of Clinton, McGovern, Mondale, et al....

It amazes me that there are people in this country who really do believe that you can write songs like "Magic Negro" or call him "Hussein" and seriously expect us oh-so-evil-brown folks to see you as allies. I pretty much abstain from politics more and more, becuase it's like watching Jerry Springer.

I don't agree w/ the left, and abhor their shining track record of race baiting snce the CRM. But sometimes a duck really is a duck, and the things some people on the right do attract such negitive attention for a reason.

Lemme break this down for you:

If some Black pundit called McCain the "Marvelous Mick" or Sara Palin a "Snowbunny", what would you say?
Ok, well you better have a talk with your youth and their rap stars. That is some of the most racially driven and absurd stuff out there coming from YOUR culture.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:20 AM

6,818 posts, read 14,029,650 times
So maybe you can explain to me why Asians have higher SAT scores than whites but make up a lower precentage of senior level executive jobs. Maybe you can explain to me why a white person with a felony on this record is more likely to have a job than a black person who has never been to prison. These are not opinions but facts. I will wait for your reply.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:21 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
So maybe you can explain to me why Asians have higher SAT scores than whites but make up a lower precentage of senior level executive jobs. Maybe you can explain to me why a white person with a felony on this record is more likely to have a job than a black person who has never been to prison. These are not opinions but facts. I will wait for your reply.
Proof please?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:24 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,243,697 times
They're called Uncle Toms or sellouts, and then they're beaten by the SEIU for giving out "Don't Tread on Me" flags at a townhall. Where's the beer summit?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
A 'racer', to me, is an individual who drives for a living (NASCAR, Indy, AHRA, etc)
no longer.

first there were truthers. then birthers. then deathers.

now, there are racers, who see a hideous racist conspiracy behind every person who disagrees with anything obama says or does [not saying you're one of these, mind you].

Old 09-09-2009, 10:26 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Intelligent

Old 09-09-2009, 10:29 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,222 times
Exclamation Let's Watch It There, Shall We?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
Yeah, Queens2QueenCity is way too nice a guy to be a black guy from Cincinnati or Detroit or Philly. BTW, what did you get on your SAT? Mathmatics is not silliness, but rather an exact science. And it is a mathmatical fact that on average blacks score 185 to 240 points lower than whites on their SAT. OTOH what color is EVERY running back in the NFL? Also Pre-NFL is certainly a major for some college ball players. It may not be in the guidebook, but it is certainly real. And BTW captain I'm not intimidated with your "I just bees ah bad azz ****** from da hood" attitude. I'm not going to back down like most white folk do when you start giving them your attitude. OK?

More to the point. This is why I say people who cry racism are liars. They want blacks (and every other miniority) to have "equality of results" and not equality of opportunity. Sorry, but no amount of money can make you black guys have equal SAT scores with whites. And no amount of money can make 70% (percentage of white population in America) of RBs in the NFL white. We can't insure that a black president succeeds just because he is black.
Firstly, don't always assume that when a black person responds, that he or she is 'from da hood'...my wife and I are both educated, forward-thinking individuals...

Secondly, I don't give a rat's patoot, whether you're 'intimidated' or not...I didn't draft my reply to attempt to intimidate you in any way shape or form---I was voicing my objection to the way you had answered that poster's question, the same way as YOU are now objecting to things said in MY post, and that's your God-given right to object---don't let anyone here or elsewhere tell you differently

Thirdly, judging by some of the stuff you DID just say in the post of yours I quoted, somebody somewhere has been filling your head with misinformation and falsehoods when it comes to black folk...we aren't all gangbangers, pro athletes, rappers, thugs, multiple baby-daddies, etc, as some would have you believe...some of us even grow up to be (wait for it) President Of The United States
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies