Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:30 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times

Advertisements

It doesn't bother you that the claim that liberals call anyone who disagrees with Obama a racist is a lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
I know they have different political identifcations.Seems like you as well as other posters here seek only those who proponents who scream 'racist' for validity and a cover to bash Obama.Sort of like those falsely accused of cheating on their spouse but then say "Well if I'm gonna get accused for it all the time I might as well cheat". I wouldn't call some opponents of Obama racist but you and I both know that there are many both white and yes black who are racist and loathe a Black man being in the White House. Look at the daily hysteria that emanates not only on this forum but on blogs and Fox and talk radio and town halls and tea parties etc... Lets put it this way,VFTP is no ally of Obama but one would be crazy to call S/he racist because S/he has been consistent about big spending under both parties.But if you have a hard time criticizing the last eight years and yet object to Obama giving a speech to schoolchildren or that his middle name is Hussein like a number of posters refer to him by or that he is some Maoist trying to destroy the Constitution when we have something called the Patriot Act is perplexing for me and others and you will be scruntinized and probably labeled a racist.
so you are more than willing to hurl your handy race card without a shred of evidence.

thanks for your honesty.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 AM

479 posts, read 879,451 times
Hey Gibbs I thought we are all Americans no matter our race? So isn't that your culture also?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
Ok, well you better have a talk with your youth and their rap stars. That is some of the most racially driven and absurd stuff out there coming from YOUR culture.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:42 AM

SMDH @ EndZone. And to believe that this man is 52 years old and as ignorant as can be. I guess wisdom doesn't come with age in all cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Firstly, don't always assume that when a black person responds, that he or she is 'from da hood'...my wife and I are both educated, forward-thinking individuals...

Secondly, I don't give a rat's patoot, whether you're 'intimidated' or not...I didn't draft my reply to attempt to intimidate you in any way shape or form---I was voicing my objection to the way you had answered that poster's question, the same way as YOU are now objecting to things said in MY post, and that's your God-given right to object---don't let anyone here or elsewhere tell you differently

Thirdly, judging by some of the stuff you DID just say in the post of yours I quoted, somebody somewhere has been filling your head with misinformation and falsehoods when it comes to black folk...we aren't all gangbangers, pro athletes, rappers, thugs, multiple baby-daddies, etc, as some would have you believe...some of us even grow up to be (wait for it) President Of The United States

Old 09-09-2009, 10:48 AM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Proof please?

"In fact, Devah Pager, a professor of sociology at Princeton University and faculty associate of the university's Office of Population Research, found in a pair of studies that a white felon was more likely to find a job than an African American with no criminal record at all"

Alden Loury: The Fear Behind Our Fears of the Formerly Incarcerated

I thought it was common knowledge that Asians as a whole score higher on the SAT than any other group. Any website comparing stats will point this out.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 AM

Is that what you got from that?I feel like Gen Powell when he gave a list of reasons for voting for Obama and specifically said it was not about race and the next day Limbaugh and the right dismissed that and said that it was blacks sticking together.

Here is a question. Why must we have a thread topic each time a righty feels they have been a target victim of a lefty pulling the racist card?Doesn't that resemble the kind of whining the right is always accusing blacks of doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so you are more than willing to hurl your handy race card without a shred of evidence.

thanks for your honesty.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Hey Gibbs I thought we are all Americans no matter our race? So isn't that your culture also?
And here is the prime cause of confusion to you. You think that race and culture are the same thing.

Tell that to someone from the African continent when explaining the lifestyle of blacks in America.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:20 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Yes! Never state your own opinion! You must say what is expected of you!
lol I believe I did state my own opinion hence you seen letters in the box. Also when I said those calling people a racist are now hurting race relations is an opinion

Old 09-09-2009, 11:33 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
If we disagree with Obama we are called racists

Show me one post that does this. Provide a single scrap of evidence to back up this outright lie.

The TOS prevent using the word for people who do this.

Perhaps you've been called racist for participating in one hissy fit after another, and it's clear that the only reason you have is a blind, unreasoning hatred of the man. Perhaps it would help if you admitted that, for a start.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
And here is the prime cause of confusion to you. You think that race and culture are the same thing.

Tell that to someone from the African continent when explaining the lifestyle of blacks in America.
I know there are distinct cultures here especially geographically. The reason I'm asking Gibbs is because there was a thread that was up a few months ago debating the hyphenated American in particularly African-American.Most on the right felt as though there should be no ?????-American and it causes further divide. These are the folks same who question why is there no "white history month" or White Entertainment Television.

See either way blacks will catch some flack.On one hand blacks shouldn't be able to identify themselves separately and there's no such thing as white America or black America we are all Americans, but if there is something wrong in the black community well then its that groups problem, no more "we are all one" and a sudden disassociation appears from those wanting us all under the American umbrella.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies