Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 02:20 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
You are f'ing crazy. see ya nutjob.
Later gator! Sorry you couldn't play the game. Maybe next time.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:26 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
For culture so infused with knowledge and critical thinking, I remain amazed at how ignorant Europeans are about the US, the world, and geopolitical realities. It is as if 75% of the continent took a stupid pill and began again to believe in fairy tales. All while, their own domestic economies and subeconomies are crumbling into a mass of Islamification and immigration that they they wholly incapable of handling (unlike the US which is decades ahead of the miserbale tactics employed elsewhere).

Poll finds soaring European support for US policy - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090909/ap_on_re_us/us_us_europe_poll - broken link)

Ayy Europe, where have you gone? Or is the case that you have always been so loathsome?

S.
P.S. For you 25%, my heart goes out to you...
Pure hogwash. I hope that it's politically correct to say so.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:29 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
For culture so infused with knowledge and critical thinking, I remain amazed at how ignorant Europeans are about the US, the world, and geopolitical realities. It is as if 75% of the continent took a stupid pill and began again to believe in fairy tales. All while, their own domestic economies and subeconomies are crumbling into a mass of Islamification and immigration that they they wholly incapable of handling (unlike the US which is decades ahead of the miserbale tactics employed elsewhere).

Poll finds soaring European support for US policy - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090909/ap_on_re_us/us_us_europe_poll - broken link)

Ayy Europe, where have you gone? Or is the case that you have always been so loathsome?

S.
P.S. For you 25%, my heart goes out to you...
Very good thread.....The left will read this and not get it.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Very good thread.....The left will read this and not get it.
They don't get anything, just look at the incompetence I had to deal with when corosponding with karfar and DC. They play this game of twist and deny. Freaking lunatics I tell ya.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:33 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
They don't get anything, just look at the incompetence I had to deal with when corosponding with karfar and DC. They play this game of twist and deny. Freaking lunatics I tell ya.
You're back! I'm sorry that you still can't provide proof, & I'm sorry that because you can't provide this proof you have to resort to calling me & others on here names due to your own frustration.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Here's a piece from that second link I posted. You should read the entire thing:

"
[SIZE=2]Today's history lessons are designed to reflect and fuel the paradigm shift. Alarmed parents in every state report that they do.[/SIZE][SIZE=1][8][/SIZE][SIZE=2] "My son told me that he had seen some videos in his high school history class," said Pam Hoffecker, a Pennsylvania mother and co-author of Outcome-Based Education. "One of the videos, The Columbus Controversy, gave a politically correct view of Christopher Columbus. The other, The Puritan Experience, was about a girl who disobeys her parents, skips church, and helps the Indians. It showed that a formal religion like Christianity is bad, but disrespect toward traditional authority is good." [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Pam borrowed the whole series from the school. Later, she summarized what she had seen in a telephone conversation: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]"When I looked at the video about Columbus, I was very upset. It began with a teacher grabbing a purse from a student's desk, saying "This is my purse. I didn't steal Samantha's purse. I discovered this purse." Columbus was presented as an anti-hero who sought gold and slaves, brought genocide to the indigenous, and should be ridiculed. It never mentioned that the supposedly peaceloving Carob Indians owned slaves and would fatten, castrate and eat male babies in cannibalistic rituals. True, the European immigrants did exploit Indians, but there are two sides to the story...." [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Let me read you an assignment from the pamphlet that came with the video. "Have students choose one of these consequences and explain how it was--or was not--caused by the Spanish Conquest of the Americas that Columbus initiated." All choices would lead students to emphasize social injustice from a revisionist perspective. Listen to the topics: The triumph of capitalism, The genocide of the indigenous, The slavery of people of color, The colonization of the world, The destruction of the primal environment, and The impending catastrophe of ecocide of the planet Earth."[/SIZE][SIZE=1][9] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]As Pam told her story, I shared her sadness at the growing hatred for a culture that has offered security, freedom and peace to millions of people from around the world. Her son, Timothy, had heard the missing facts from his parents, but most children who learn history from the new-paradigm perspective will never know why America was called the land of the free."[/SIZE]

Brave New Schools, Chapter 2: The International Agenda
Once again, Robert, it's a book that promotes your point of view, not an unbiased source of information provided so that people can independently decide their point of view.

You have one person's claim that a teacher snatched a purse from a desk to make a point. You have one person's interpretation of what the school teaches about Columbus.

It's not re-writing history to let students know that history actually involves real people. I'm Columbus's biggest fan, but he was seeking new routes to Africa and the Indies for commercial reasons. Slaves, gold, spices, textiles. It was a commercial voyage funded by Spain to enhance Spain's economic position in Europe. The Americas were not unoccupied. Bad things happened to the original inhabitants of the "New World". That's history. That's what happened.

Good things happened, too. While the Vikings might have sailed to the "New World", and who knows, the Egyptians and Phoenicians as well, at earlier times, Columbus's voyage sparked an interest at a time that eventually led to colonization of the "New World" which in turn led to the founding of the United States. History isn't black or white. History shouldn't just be taught from one perspective. I don't think that introducing other perspectives makes any one culture reviled or held in contempt. If I weep over history, it's over the lost opportunities for cooperation and greater understanding. It's not because one cultural perspective is taught ad nauseum. The lost stories are what makes history come alive. Haym Solomon, Anna Ella Carroll. People who made a difference, but they didn't fit into that one cultural perspective.

So, it's not so much that I like to argue with you. In fact, I refrain quite often. It's that I do expect you to support your statements. I actually do think that some history is being re-written, and not accurately re-written. I'm just waiting for you to cite some instances of this happening.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:41 PM

873 posts, read 1,803,321 times
I think you're right! I never use the words, "conservative" or "liberal", etc! The "talking heads" that tell the majority of Americans how to think have managed to put all of us in a "box" by putting labels on people! Most people are more complicated than that. On this forum, you have people that present issues and then you have people that only name-call. I'm for discussing issues! I don't care what your opinion is, let's discuss it. Why the name calling?? I'm sick of the "you're racist" or you're "anti-semetic" or "you're liberal" or "you're conservative" or "you're a leftist" or "you're a rightist", etc!! If that's your only input to a conversation, you're wasting everybody's time! But even on here, you can get an infraction for presenting an unpopular opinion while those that name call, etc. rarely get their wrist slapped! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botique View Post
I really wish people could get over the divisiveness in this country. I am a conservative and have very liberal friends and wouldn't try to change their stripes for anything. And they respect my views. One of the disadvantages of an online forum like this is that everyone is virtually anonymous and feel that they should lash out at anyone with different opinions.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:48 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
I was expecting some gnashing and wailing after this report came out. After all, it was within the last week I read posts like //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...following.html

Old 09-09-2009, 02:50 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
How exactly does this show their ignorance? Unless you live in the 1950's tolerating someone because of race/religion isn't "ignorant".

Then again these are the same people that think "Communist" is a very derogatory term.

Apparently the GOP has become a bunch of Marty McFly wannabes.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:24 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Who gives a fat rat's ass about Europe. Our concern should be the US. Europe can disintegrate for all I care. They will all be under Sharia law soon anyway and completely enslaved by the radical muslims who will go around and kill everyone not like them anyway. I say good for them, let them have that sorry ass ****.
I dont even know how to respond to this. Your comments are appauling.

Its really sad that you care so little about the world. I can tell you that I care about Europe. I have family in France and Lebanon (though it can be considered Europe or the Middle East). I care what happens to them and what happens to our friends in Europe.

I think a big problem is that we care too little about the world around us and we dont try to work together. We have allies for a reason, why alienate them?

Its funny that you think Islam is evil and Christianity isnt. You could interpret the bible to be condoning of rape, murder, and other attocities.

Oh well, enjoy living under a rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies