Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:21 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

While White House spokesman Robert Gibbs today refrained from telling reporters whether President Obama in his speech Wednesday night will set a deadline for passing health care reform, sources tell ABC News that in his private meeting with Democratic congressional leaders this afternoon the key word was urgency.

The president told House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., that it is important for them to pass health care reform bills soon, the sources said.
Pelosi and Reid Tell President: We Have the Votes; President Wants Bill Passed Soon - Political Punch

They don't care about "we the people..."...it is all about them getting the health care bill down our throats one way or the other...if they can't get it by being honest thatn lie...as long as the result is that it will pass....

Carefull Pelosi, Reid and Obama are not to be trusted about health care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Hurry, ram it through before 2010 and definitely before anyone can read it!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:29 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,213,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
While White House spokesman Robert Gibbs today refrained from telling reporters whether President Obama in his speech Wednesday night will set a deadline for passing health care reform, sources tell ABC News that in his private meeting with Democratic congressional leaders this afternoon the key word was urgency.

The president told House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., that it is important for them to pass health care reform bills soon, the sources said.
Pelosi and Reid Tell President: We Have the Votes; President Wants Bill Passed Soon - Political Punch

They don't care about "we the people..."...it is all about them getting the health care bill down our throats one way or the other...if they can't get it by being honest thatn lie...as long as the result is that it will pass....

What do you mean they don't care about "we the people"? I am part of "we the people" and I want a health care bill passed.......with a public option. I want the big insurance compaines to have COMPETITION. "We the people" are tired of the monopoly!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Hurry, ram it through before 2010 and definitely before anyone can read it!
They better be careful, if they are perceived to ram this through a la the Bush administration, Americans will be very angry. Independents especially, as they voted for Obama on the basis he would not act with harsh partisanship.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:39 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

You work for a big insurance company, don't you...

Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
What new things could Obama possibly say that he has not already recycled in his approx 200 speeches since the unveiling of the healthcare debacle? I predict his talking points will be the following:
We need to reform NOW
I prefer the public "option"
There is no excuse not to act
(And the usual blame for those who disagree with him)

Problem is, it's the American people who disagree with him and he can't even get his own party in line. He won't say anything new because he left the content up to Princess Pelosi and her court. He won't talk about taking the American people's concerns into consideration or the various positive and functioning ideas many small businesses and even larger businesses (Whole Foods etc) have modeled. In the end, it's his way or the highway. That's his idea of bi-partisanship or whatever you want to call it. (That and the vote of Olympia Snowe). The bill will get rammed through, regardless of public opinion, regardless of what the people want, because more than anything, Obama wants to save face, and he'd rather pass anything than the right thing, or even a good bill. What's the hurry when the bill won't even be effective for 5 years, by which time, most of these guys won't be around anyway to feel the political heat. Obama's Motto: "You're eithe with us, or against us." Gee, who does THAT sound like?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:50 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
What do you mean they don't care about "we the people"? I am part of "we the people" and I want a health care bill passed.......with a public option. I want the big insurance compaines to have COMPETITION. "We the people" are tired of the monopoly!
My sentiments exactly!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
You work for a big insurance company, don't you...
Sure...and I'm a mobster, un American...and if it comes to Pelosi I'm a jewish swastika brown shirt person....

Old 09-09-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
What new things could Obama possibly say that he has not already recycled in his approx 200 speeches since the unveiling of the healthcare debacle? I predict his talking points will be the following:
We need to reform NOW
I prefer the public "option"
There is no excuse not to act
(And the usual blame for those who disagree with him)

Problem is, it's the American people who disagree with him and he can't even get his own party in line. He won't say anything new because he left the content up to Princess Pelosi and her court. He won't talk about taking the American people's concerns into consideration or the various positive and functioning ideas many small businesses and even larger businesses (Whole Foods etc) have modeled. In the end, it's his way or the highway. That's his idea of bi-partisanship or whatever you want to call it. (That and the vote of Olympia Snowe). The bill will get rammed through, regardless of public opinion, regardless of what the people want, because more than anything, Obama wants to save face, and he'd rather pass anything than the right thing, or even a good bill. What's the hurry when the bill won't even be effective for 5 years, by which time, most of these guys won't be around anyway to feel the political heat. Obama's Motto: "You're eithe with us, or against us." Gee, who does THAT sound like?
I wonder if he is going to try to explain the costs.....will all know how good his cabinet is in accounting and paying their taxes...so really people who we can trust....

Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
You arent the majority

Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percent

Obama disapproval on health care up to 52 percent - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090909/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_ap_poll_health_care - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies