Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 08:32 PM

302 posts, read 580,326 times

Advertisements

It will take 4 years to get his "marketplace" going

but, from the beginning every individual would be required to have insurance and
a low cost public option will be offered

Seems to me by the time he gets his "marketplace" going most people will have chosen the government healthcare.

I think he knows that people need a choice to feel better about healthcare , but in reality he isn't offering one by the time his "marketplace" becomes a reality (provided that ever happens) people will be entrenched in the government system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If this fact was not stated for the sole purpose of misleading the public, i.e. lying, then tell me what the benefit would be in excluding illegal aliens from the plan if we will still pickup their tab and they wont have to pay for it? WHY?

It doesn't matter. What he said is not a lie. It is not. That is the point. At no point has anyone ever suggested ceasing to provide care for illegals. If you thought that was part of the plan, too bad for you. This is a civilized country, and we don't let people die in the streets. at least we shouldn't. If you thought that was part of the plan it is your fault for misunderstanding.

3,463 posts, read 7,305,283 times
Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) Yells Out "LIE" During Obama Speech Video

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Default lol.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Yes it will. Demand for medical services go up, so do prices.

Yes it will if more bureaucracies are needed to oversee how we address illnesses.

Yes it will if the government restriction of company profits drives insurers to other businesses. If there are less insurance companies, competition goes down, prices go up.
lol...loaded with if's I see...oh, and an interesting new economic theory.

Prices are up now, there are less insurance companies now, there is less competition now, there is less regulation now....what makes you think you're winning?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:33 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Wrong. The law doesn't dictate that people receive breast implants even though they can't afford it. The law only dictates care for emergency situations.
That question has been asked and answered numerous times tonight. It should be apparent to all at this point that the questioner isn't in the least bit concerned about the answer.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
"I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me"

~sigh
It is a disgraceful situation that healthcare is such a burden in this country.

Sadly, in our system, it isn't that there is a lack of provision of healthcare; rather, it is the cost of healthcare that prohibits our access to it.

My hubby is older than I. I am on his insurance plan. I own my own business and healthcare insurance would be very expensive for me, especially with the financial downturn and lower revenue this year. It hit me this evening that when my hubby qualifies for Medicare, I will have many years with no insurance coverage b/f I can qualify for Medicare.

That person sitting there at the ER with no insurance coverage could someday be me.

I think we all forget how easily we could become one of the folks who don't have coverage - and can't afford $800+ a month (or have a pre-existing condition). Lose your job . . . your spouse loses his/her job . . . or as I just mentioned - spouse retires and suddenly - no insurance coverage for the younger spouse.

There need to be changes. I don't know there is any way to make it totally equitable for everyone! At some point - we need to ask ourselves about the moral imperative to make sure every human being in our country has access to healthcare.

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
That's because pghquest knows he doesn't have an argument. Bait and switch, and hope no one notices that he's changed arguments. He does this often on this forum. It's fairly pathetic, and it's probably best to ignore him altogether, since he doesn't seem to offer much in the way of intelligent debate.
Wrong, Obama used bait and switch, I'm just calling him out for it for what it is.. There is a reason he took up so much time to emphasise the fact that illegal aliens would not be included,

bait: illegal aliens not included
switch: they will still receive the care on the taxpayers dime..

The fact that you dont like the fact that its being pointed out for what it is, isnt my fault..

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Sure laid to rest all the lies I read here daily.
How did he do that?

By saying they were lies?

Bambam's problem is the people don't believe HIS lies - all the polls say the same thing - don't trust him, don't like his plans for America.

Bwahahahaha!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:35 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Default healthcare is perfect now

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, everyone is indeed covered by health CARE, and why that health CARE is so expensive.

lol.....

Old 09-09-2009, 08:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Leave it to Kootr to proudly post one of the most offensive displays of disrespect in the Congress in recent memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies