Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:20 AM

351 posts, read 375,887 times

Advertisements

The proposals that Obama has put forward can work. It isn't perfect but compared to the system we have in place now it is not far from perfect. It allows those who want things as they are to keep what they have. It allows American's who cannot afford healthcare now have healthcare and it makes sure that every citizen steps up to the plate and gets health cover and not rely on emergency rooms if they fall sick. This alone would cut down emergency room overcrowding and expense.
There will always be those who will bash Obama even before he has said anything and there are many on here who have made their mind up about Obama's speech before they had even heard it. To those people i can only say that you are sad morons. We have a health crisis in America and those who have health cover had better get used to the fact that health cover is coming for every American and they might have to get in line for treatment just like the rest of the Country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Booing is one thing. Thats common in State of the Union addresses. The Republicans did it last night, I had no problem with that. However, yelling out loud "you lie!" was inappropriate.
I agree!

I was more embarrased than angry to see that ignorance take place in front of the whole World.

That Republican turned Congress into a Town Hall meeting by himself!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hypocrites....Repubs yell about bringing up Bush when Obama is criticized....you're breaking your own rules(NOTE: TWO FACES)

Old 09-10-2009, 06:36 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Even the RINO Sen Graham found his speech...lacking;

Graham blames Obama, then Wilson, for partisan strife - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Quote:
He appeared to be angry at his critics and disappointed the American people were not buying the proposals he has been selling. The president’s confrontational demeanor increased the emotional and political divide.

When it comes to the public option, the President is either being disingenuous or misinformed. The public option, contrary to the president’s claims, will eventually lead to a government takeover of our health care system.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
It will be disappointing when the reform package gets adopted if it does not include some Conservative input. We would need that in order for it to be most beneficial. Being retired, my lot is pretty much already cast, but my daughter and future grandchildren depend on action now. It would be better if the plan that will be enacted were inclusive of right and left ideas, but if the GOP continues to stay out of the planning, so be it. The need is too great not to get it done.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 AM

351 posts, read 375,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I agree!

I was more embarrased than angry to see that ignorance take place in front of the whole World.

That Republican turned Congress into a Town Hall meeting by himself!
I voted Republican all my life. This Republican party of today is far removed from the party i voted for in the past. It is just like a angry child who cannot get its way. This is not the Republican party that America needs. I voted for Obama this time round because he was the only option.
This behaviour in the chamber last night is one of the reasons that the Republicans do not deserve to be voted into any position of power for the foreseeable future. I do not want a party in power who use outrageous lies, propoganda and strongarm tactics to brainwash Americans. One reason that McCain lost the last election was the blatant demeaning of the American voter with his appointment of Palin to get the female vote. The hatred in the messages at rallies. The staged "joe the plumber" tactics. This is a sign of a floundered party. This health issue is now being used by the Republican party to unseat Obama and definately not for the welfare of Americans or America.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Perhaps this.....

Eric Cantor (EricCantor) on Twitter

1. Be sure to tune in to Hannity on Fox News tonight at 10pm following the President's address. I will be discussing my reaction to the speechabout 4 hours ago from web

and on Hannity he sat right there and listen to the man lie about the President not addressing that Illegals are covered in the bill and that the NHC will pay for abortions. Bold face lie and did not call him on it, instead he included himself in and continued on the LIE. The President did in fact address the fact that those two points are a false, illegals are not covered nor is abortion. But hey, don't let the truth stop you

Last edited by blackandproud; 09-10-2009 at 07:00 AM..

Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
It was interesting that they chose this guy to give the rebuttal:

Old 09-10-2009, 07:02 AM

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Did Obama provide a “reset” on health care with speech?

Quote:
It did provide a fitting conclusion to an ugly, partisan, and completely counter-productive speech. Instead of offering something new, Obama dared those disaffected by ObamaCare to stop it. His only hope will be that people quickly forget it. Far from a reset, the speech sets the stage for even further disenchantment with this administration.
The only thing obama can do now is try and find those opposed to his takeover of HC and demonize them.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
The President did in fact address the fact that those two points are a false, illegals are not covered nor is abortion. But hey, don't let the truth stop you
And...just because he says it isn't true, we should believe him, even with a bill that contradicts his assertions?

So basically what you are saying is everything that comes out of obama's mouth is truth, he doesn't have to provide any evidence, we just need to believe what he says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies