Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 07:55 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,142,512 times

Advertisements

A warm, heartfelt and strong speech. I especially liked the reference to calling out those people who spread lies. Can you imagine Bush ever doing that? The speech didn't answer all of my questions, but the intentions, if true, cannot be questioned. Those on the right will still hammer their shoes on their private podiums and make claims they are too brainwashed to reconsider in front of the facts, but to hell with them. Let them get denied coverage for their pre-existing insanity and see how it feels.

As far as those sick of Obama making speeches, I'd take that reality any day over a President who remains silent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,270 posts, read 11,342,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post

McCain said it was absolutely unacceptable, embarassing, and he hoped that Wilson issued a public apology immediately.
Screw McCain, who the hell does he think he is. He LOST. Who cares what he thinks.

9,367 posts, read 25,226,924 times
Wonder how much is being spent on all of these fear mongering commercials that are now airing on CNN?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:56 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,235,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
NO no no ...thats something that your the KING of doing..backpeddling instead of admiting when your wrong, twisting words around to try and make your point valid and FLAT OUT LYING to try and make your statement truthful. I will ask the SAME question of you again.

HOW IS EMERGENCY ROOM Visits any different today as they were 20 years ago? You continue to claim he lied that illegal immigrants will not be covered under the National Health CARE. HE did not lie, Emergency room visits is not a health plan. sit and spin, read subliminal messages, thats what your good at.
Par for the course. As seen elsewhere.

6,902 posts, read 7,544,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Blackandproud,

Reading some of these posts has made me wonder if mental health care will be covered? Some folks seem to need it.

either that or a serious sugar cane or weed garden in the backyard.

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
I find it more than a little hypocritical that some are offended by Wilsons behavior. Many of those on the left had no issues with trashing Bush, trashing anyone on the right . So a congressman did it? So what? No worse than those elected reps booing Bush at the end of a speech.
DC politics is no longer about being civil and hasn't been for some time. This behavior is SOP now. Yet another reason for term limits and to vote every one of them out of office.
By the way I do agree, you can respect the office without respecting the man. Unfortunately that ended in the 1980's.

1,535 posts, read 1,635,415 times
Clunkers for Cars- government program, and the Dealers are about to go broke waiting on there money, 3 billion US dollars, and the paper work still has not gone thru, and you trust the government to tackle your health, please fill this form in tripilicate and have it signed by the nurse only 6 miles away.

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
people getting health care from hospitals and not paying for it does NOT make insurance more expensive.
What the hell are you smoking? If the hospital has to give someone a bipass surgery to save their life, who doesnt have health insurance, you dont think EVERYONE else pays for it? Have you EVER received a hospital bill? Really? I think you need to research this topic more before responding again...

Who do you think pays for all of the medicine, the doctors, all of the tests for those who dont pay?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:57 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,715,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It was great, wasn't it?

Didn't obama say those that lie and distort will be called out?

Well, he is lying about illegals.

He was called out.
You go Joe

News India-Times.com, Online Edition (http://www.newsindia-times.com/nit/2005/10/07/tow12-115330.html - broken link)

No to Mexico but sending jobs to India is OK

Old 09-09-2009, 07:57 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,342,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
As far as those sick of Obama making speeches, I'd take that reality any day over a President who remains silent.
This guy lies slicker than ol' Bill...I wish he would stay silent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies