Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 02:04 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Look, I'm an atheist and I have to call bs on this one. Yes, the bible probably does instruct murder and incest and the like however mainstream christianity does not support, instruct or in anyway condone such action.
In fact, very few christian groups would support such barbarism, and the majority of christians are quite verbal about denouncing these actions.

Muslims on the other hand are not so vocal in denouncing the violence in their midst - in fact they are quite quiet about it. There is an excellent book called 'American Jihad' by Stephen Emerson. He details his travels around the US visiting mosques (undercover of course) and highlighting the hatred and recruitment going on in our own country.

As much as I distrust the right wing 'moral majority' and all it stands for I cannot honestly say that the same threat exists between modern christianity and modern islam. The threat is real.
Many Zionist/Evangelical Christians send money to Israel to support their oppression of Palestinians.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/14/wa...l?pagewanted=2

Quote:
Catholic extermination camps
Surprisingly few know that Nazi extermination camps in World War II were by no means the only ones in Europe at the time. In the years 1942-1943 also in Croatia existed numerous extermination camps, run by Catholic Ustasha under their dictator Ante Paveliç, a practicing Catholic and regular visitor to the then pope. There were even concentration camps exclusively for children!
In these camps - the most notorious was Jasenovac, headed by a Franciscan friar -
orthodox-Christian Serbians (and a substantial number of Jews) were murdered. Like the Nazis the Catholic Ustasha burned their victims in kilns, alive (the Nazis were decent enough to have their victims gassed first). But most of the victims were simply stabbed, slain or shot to death, the number of them being estimated between 300,000 and 600,000, in a rather tiny country. Many of the killers were Franciscan friars. The atrocities were appalling enough to induce bystanders of the Nazi "Sicherheitsdienst der SS", watching, to complain about them to Hitler (who did not listen). The pope knew about these events and did
nothing to prevent them. [MV]
How many people have been killed by Christians since Biblical times?- ExChristian.Net - Articles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 02:22 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Many Zionist/Evangelical Christians send money to Israel to support their oppression of Palestinians.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/14/wa...l?pagewanted=2

How many people have been killed by Christians since Biblical times?- ExChristian.Net - Articles
The christians that send money to support Zionism really do not care about the oppression of Palestinians -- they are doing it to speed the second coming of christ. It has to do with the fullfillment of prophesies and what not.

As to the catholic extermination camps that is very interesting as I have never heard of it before.
But it must be considered that there is a very strict heirarchy within the RCC with the Pope being at the head. The Vatican did not approve of these actions, didnot celebrate these actions and in no way gave the impression that they did. Was it able to stop them? No, but the pope didnot brag about the death tolls or dance in the streets either. Unlike so called moderate muslim clerics who continue to give their approval to islamic terrorism by supporting it via money as well as allowing such people an 'in' to recruit among their mosques.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:25 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Religious wackos (which includes everyone who votes to ban gay marriage, drugs or abortion based on their religious beliefs) will kill someone who basically lives by the same religion (George Tiller was a Christian who was murdered by another Christian for POLITICAL reasons, not religious ones...after all, they were both Christian...kinda like how Muslims generally kill more Muslims than Christians...) simply because of a minor difference in opinion.
EVERYONE who votes to ban gay marriage...who votes to control drugs....who votes to ban abortion....(if their religion disavows these things) is a "Religious wacko"....EVERYONE ?....ALL of them?....and they'll KILL people who disagree with them?....You mean, like MURDER?......Wow....

And I'M accused of 'spouting opinion'?

My religion forbids rape and sex with animals and murder....and I vote accordingly, to abolish these things. So this means I'm letting my religion dictate my vote? Really?

I guess this says it all. Have a nice day.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Nigerian Christians Riot, Kill Muslims in Retaliation
James Joyner | Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Nigerian Christians have gone on an anti-Muslim killing spree, apparently in retaliation for earlier murderous riots by Muslims angered over cartoons.

Christian mobs rampaged through a southern Nigerian city Tuesday, burning mosques and killing several people in an outbreak of anti-Muslim violence that followed deadly protests against caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad over the weekend.

Residents and witnesses in the southern, predominantly Christian city of Onitsha said several Muslims with origins in the north were beaten to death by mobs which also burned two mosques there. “The mosque at the main market has been burnt and I’ve counted at least six dead bodies on the streets,” Izzy Uzor, an Onitsha resident and businessman, told The Associated Press by telephone. “The whole town is in a frenzy and people are running in all directions.”

The violence appeared to be in reprisal for anti-Christian violence Saturday in the mostly Muslim northern city of Maiduguri in which thousands of Muslims protesting caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad attacked Christians and burned churches, killing at least 18 people.
Nigerian Christians Riot, Kill Muslims in Retaliation

Old 09-14-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
The Baptist Church of Tripura was initially set up by Missionaries from New Zealand in the 1940’s. Despite their efforts, even until 1980, only a few thousand people in Tripura had converted to Christianity. Realizing this, the Church used one of its most efficient and time-tested weapons of evangelization - creating racial and ethnic divide among the people. In the aftermath of one of the worst ethnic riots, engineered by the Church, the NLFT was born in 1989 -- but not without the midwife role of the Baptist Church. From its very inception, the NLFT has been advancing the cause of Christianity through armed compulsion. Every trace of indigenous culture and religion is being eliminated through violent means. Every resisting group is made to bleed its way to extinction.
Christian Aggression - Assault on India

Old 09-14-2009, 02:55 PM

A video game.

Quote:
This game immerses children in present-day New York City -- 500 square blocks, stretching from Wall Street to Chinatown, Greenwich Village, the United Nations headquarters, and Harlem. The game rewards children for how effectively they role play the killing of those who resist becoming a born again Christian. The game also offers players the opportunity to switch sides and fight for the army of the AntiChrist, releasing cloven-hoofed demons who feast on conservative Christians and their panicked proselytes (who taste a lot like Christian).
Quote:
The game, Left Behind: Eternal Forces, is based on scenes from the first four novels in the series. The game was developed by a publicly-traded company called Left Behind Games, according to SEC records. The developers obtained the license from Tyndale House, the Christian publisher of Left Behind.
Talk To Action | The Purpose Driven Life Takers (Part 1)

Old 09-14-2009, 03:00 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
A plane was hijacked in Mexico today by a Christian Nutjob who thought the arbitrary date of 9-9-09 was 666 upside down and that Christ was coming. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090909/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_mexico_hijacking - broken link)

See? It's not just Arabs who are nutjob terrorists...Christians are too!

He claimed he had 3 partners in the hijacking...later it was revealed that they were "The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost".
A crazy whack job who acts out his delusions does not a terrorist movement make. And it looks like we are safe for another 1,000 years.

How pathetic. LOL See?

Old 09-14-2009, 03:36 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A crazy whack job who acts out his delusions does not a terrorist movement make. And it looks like we are safe for another 1,000 years.

How pathetic. LOL See?
Merely one out of many examples.

There are several Christian terrorist organizations currently operating here in the US and abroad, from the Army of God to the National Liberation Front of Tripura.

While I certainly wouldn't suggest, let alone demand, that you read the entire thread, you have missed quite a bit.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:51 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Merely one out of many examples.

There are several Christian terrorist organizations currently operating here in the US and abroad, from the Army of God to the National Liberation Front of Tripura.

While I certainly wouldn't suggest, let alone demand, that you read the entire thread, you have missed quite a bit.
And where is their support? Where are the shrines? Where are the rallies demanding the blood of those that would make 'fun' of christianity? Where are they?

Oh thats right --- those can be found in islamic theocracies around the world. But not here. Apples and oranges. I have to wonder why you feel the need to whitewash the islamic terrorists and those that would celebrate their crimes all the while softly disavowing them. Go on the religion forum and ask honest questions about terrorism in islam and you will be disturbed at how quickly the assurances of 'of course its bad' turns into 'but it is justified'. That type of bs you will not get here.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:17 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
And where is their support? Where are the shrines? Where are the rallies demanding the blood of those that would make 'fun' of christianity? Where are they?

Oh thats right --- those can be found in islamic theocracies around the world. But not here. Apples and oranges. I have to wonder why you feel the need to whitewash the islamic terrorists and those that would celebrate their crimes all the while softly disavowing them. Go on the religion forum and ask honest questions about terrorism in islam and you will be disturbed at how quickly the assurances of 'of course its bad' turns into 'but it is justified'. That type of bs you will not get here.
Feel more than free to point out where I ever "whitewash" islamic terrorists.

You merely make that assumption because I point out the simple fact that there are indeed Christian terrorists and terrorist organizations.

I merely point out the hypracy you yourself exhibit on this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies