Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:50 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,465,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Would that make liberals political liars? Same train of logic(?) as you use. Got it
If you could show me a lie, I might agree with you..but you can't. There is no logic with conservatives. What's good for bush isn't good for Obama. No logic, just hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 10:02 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,395,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Is it just hypocrisy?
nope

I would love a national health care....but...
I dont want a COSTLY, INEFFICIENT, CRAPPY CARE

this current plan by the far left, it wont make it more efficient, it will just make it worse

we CURRENTLY spend 600 BILLION A YEAR on medicare/medicaide(about 50 million people(1/5 of the population)), and medicare does NOT cover you 100% (that's why you have to BUY supplemental insurance) and half the people on medicaide go to the emergency room

the emergency rooms will become MORE CROWDED because people wont want to WAIT for a (office) doctor(and why BOTHER waiting if the government is going to pay for the tab). 9 times out of 10 you call your doctor TODAY and he MIGHT be able to get you in TOMORROW, if not next week or in 3 weeks, so people go to the ER for service RIGHT NOW(couple of hours)

so we CURRENTLY spend 600 BILLION A YEAR for 50 million people covered by medicare/medicaide....now ADD 47 million (what they say is the number of americans without ins) (or maybe a LOT MORE) to that and you are looking at an ADDED YEARLY COST of a HALF A TRILLION DOLLARS....or more...EACH YEAR

FACT: the GOVERNMENT in 1965 SAID MEDICARE would cost only 12 billion by 1990 (kind of like TODAY them saying this will only cost so much in 10 years)
FACT: in 1990 medicare cost 107 million (their statement of cost was OFF BY 980%)
FACT: in 2008 medicare costs 300 billion EACH YEAR and costantly rising

so do you really TRUST what the liberal are saying its going to cost?????

do you think this GOVERMENT system will be any better than the medicare/medicae GOVERNMENT system????? not a chance

Old 09-10-2009, 10:06 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,868,564 times
I never thought I'd agree with Tank but in this case, I do. Bush started the government take over where it does not belong. This does NOT mean Obama should not only continue it but magnify it a trillion fold. He has taken some of the worst of Bush and is running wild with it. Yeah, great change.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:07 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,415,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post

I wholeheartedly agree with you on both points.
Add me to that list, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post

It was also not the job of the government to intervene in the dying process of Terri Schiavo. Yet that's exactly what the so-called small government Republicans did. For the Repugs, government is evil unless it is them at the helm, then they'll ram their power down your throat.
They're hypocrites all around. The latest example is the desperate woman in Oklahoma, whose insurance carrier won't cover providing a way to feed her brain-injured husband, who begged through agonizing sobs at a Tom Coburn Town Hall meeting for him to do something about health insurance reform. Out of one side of his mouth he says government isn't the answer, and out of the other says, "call my office." Oh, and while you're at it, knock on your neighbors' doors and hold a bake sale or something. Because that's sure to raise tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

YouTube - Sen Coburn Tells Women Crying Over Health Care "Govt Is Not The Answer"

Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,465,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nope

I would love a national health care....but...
I dont want a COSTLY, INEFFICIENT, CRAPPY CARE

this current plan by the far left, it wont make it more efficient, it will just make it worse

Is airport security better or worst than it was prior to the Bush mandated takeover? BETTER..If something is done effeciently and effectively, it can work. Our government is here to protect us in the air and in the hospital. Private companies are here solely to make money which is why they hired inexperienced, untrained and underpaid sceeners who feel asleep (along with Bush) to allow 9/11 to be carried out. When the private sectors shows itself incapable the government must act.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:23 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,527,017 times
Quote:
If you could show me a lie, I might agree with you..but you can't. There is no logic with conservatives. What's good for bush isn't good for Obama. No logic, just hypocrisy.
47 Million people uninsured which turns into 30 million on the night of the speach.

To much of a reach for you to understand that lie?

Old 09-10-2009, 12:12 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,596,613 times
Quote:
President Obama is offering a public option not a government healthcare takeover. HOWEVER, George Bush presided over a complete government takeover of airport security..Yep, he fired all those private security companies and private workers and created an entire government agency with governmnet workers to take that duty over. No competition, just a COMPLETE takeover. Everbody that stands between you and a flight wears a government badge.

So, conservatives, where were you when this was going down? It took a good while to complete this takeover. Was this BJTP (Before Joe The Plumber)? Why no outrage? Was it the fear of another attack? If that was the case, people losing their lives via lack of healthcare far outnumber those who have lost their lives due to terrorism.

Is it just hypocrisy?

You need to look at just who made airport secutirty change from a contracvotr based security to making them federal workers. If you go back you will see Ted Kennedy's hands all over that move.I suggest you look baqck at the senate deabte and see who stood where on making airport secirity federal employees.Also there will be many presidents to come who will be fighting the huge deficits thast have happened in just the last 8 months compared to 8 years under Bush.Your grand children will be paying for Obama spending.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:17 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,821,621 times
Quote:
President Obama is offering a public option not a government healthcare takeover. HOWEVER, George Bush presided over a complete government takeover of airport security..Yep, he fired all those private security companies and private workers and created an entire government agency with governmnet workers to take that duty over. No competition, just a COMPLETE takeover. Everbody that stands between you and a flight wears a government badge.

So, conservatives, where were you when this was going down? It took a good while to complete this takeover. Was this BJTP (Before Joe The Plumber)? Why no outrage? Was it the fear of another attack? If that was the case, people losing their lives via lack of healthcare far outnumber those who have lost their lives due to terrorism.

Is it just hypocrisy?
Lets make this simple what do you NOT want gov to do for you?

Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,208,876 times
Quote:
Allowing "the people" the opportunity to purchase whatever insurance they want does nothing to curb the waste, fraud and abuse and/or afford those same people security if those private insurers decide to drop them because they feel like it.
Tell that to all the auto companies that have gone out of business over the last 100 years... and a couple that would have, had it not been for government fraud, waste and abuse.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,230,301 times
Quote:

Is it just hypocrisy?
I was totally against all that crap. To me that signified that the terrorists won. But the sheeple were too scared to stand up. Congress kow-towed and passed all kinds of legislation in the name of "protecting Americans".

I'm waiting for Obama to repeal that Patriot Act..patiently waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies