Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 05:50 PM

127 posts, read 403,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Not even half a clue.
And since when is 52% not a majority?

52% of the people that VOTED is not a majority of the country. Some simple math: 300 million Americans, let's say 160 million voted. Obama gets 52 % of 160 million = 83 million. 83 million divided by 300 million = 27 % of the people voted for him. A lot of voters stayed home because they didn't like McCain. While were on numbers, have you been watching O's approval rating plummet? I have and I am loving every second of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 06:13 PM

654 posts, read 465,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I have a very simple question for all of you people out there who are ripping Obamas health care plans apart.

What should the US do about it's health care situation? What is Obama doing wrong? What exactly do you not like about it?

It seems like most people against health reform just have a blind hate for Obama. Rather than disagreeing with what he is doing exactly, they just don't trust Obama himself and don't like his overall views.

So, obviously the US does need to do something. What should we do?
I think he should stop catering to lobbyists and offer a public option which is self-funding and non-for- profit.

I also think he should cut back spending elsewhere before he spends. I think out Middle East extravaganzas is a good place to start. He is escalating a war with no timeline, broke his promise on Iraq withdrawal, and was initially our Iraqi embassy but shows no inclination to downsize it.

The "guns and butter" strategy didn't work for LBJ and it didn't work for Bush. Obama should read up on history.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:04 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm Mike View Post
52% of the people that VOTED is not a majority of the country. Some simple math: 300 million Americans, let's say 160 million voted. Obama gets 52 % of 160 million = 83 million. 83 million divided by 300 million = 27 % of the people voted for him. A lot of voters stayed home because they didn't like McCain. While were on numbers, have you been watching O's approval rating plummet? I have and I am loving every second of it.
Go back and look at the post you first commented on.

I said majority of voters.

Do you simply like arguing, or do you have issues reading?

Old 09-11-2009, 09:09 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
I am a proud Obama hater - I hate everything he stands for, represents and who he surrounds himself with. I would take 12 years of Bill Clinton instead of 1 month with Obama. Go ahead liberals, I am ready - call me a racist.

Mike, you are so "racist". Great point! A "racist" is the very worst thing that one can be (in the mind of a liberal). Worse than murderer, rapist, kidnapper, child molester..........at least they are not racists and need to be defended. The insanity of the left is at least good comedy, as no rational being would actually believe the "truths" that they hold dear. It is the sense of nonsense that even a child could easily point out the inconsistencies. It is the childish religion of guilt and emotion turned outward.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Go back and look at the post you first commented on.

I said majority of voters.

Do you simply like arguing, or do you have issues reading?
I am talking about the country as a whole. You are right, he won the majority of the voters. Now, a significant percentage of those voters are regretting their choice.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I am talking about the country as a whole. You are right, he won the majority of the voters. Now, a significant percentage of those voters are regretting their choice.
If significant is the uninformed few, then sure I agree.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
If significant is the uninformed few, then sure I agree.
I predict Obama approval hits 30% next year. That's being generous since only 20% of the country is considered liberal.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I have a very simple question for all of you people out there who are ripping Obamas health care plans apart.

What should the US do about it's health care situation? What is Obama doing wrong? What exactly do you not like about it?

It seems like most people against health reform just have a blind hate for Obama. Rather than disagreeing with what he is doing exactly, they just don't trust Obama himself and don't like his overall views.

So, obviously the US does need to do something. What should we do?
I would like to see a citizens-push for no-fault medical treatments.

This would be a Libertarian, free market remedy.

The hospitals and doctors offering these services would be offering a choice away from lawyers and in some cases, insurance companies.

Simple form: "I waive my rights to sue for medical incompetence or mistake."

Old 09-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I predict Obama approval hits 30% next year. That's being generous since only 20% of the country is considered liberal.
And you've probably been right about every other political prediction you've made.

Do you think your predictions have any value?

You can't even make a case against Obama based on fact.

For example, a tea party nut - protesting obama when they've only received a tax cut.
Assuming they work, of course.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:52 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I think "Obama haters" are frightened people who realize that America in 50 years is going to be mostly Hispanic. The caucasians are going to be minorities along with blacks and Asians.

Change is coming and I think when they look at Obama and his non-white face it scares the crap out of them.

They are sad people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies