Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:32 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I have not read the bill, nor do I plan to, but do you know what would be great? How about straight talk from politicians. After reading various news reports and posts on this board from both sides (btw, both sides sound equally ridiculous), I still don't know what is the truth. Wouldn't it be wise for our government, whether it be the president or our local representatives lay out the plan in plain English for all to understand?

Am I missing something? I for one feel that I pay more than my fair share of tax dollars. It irritates me when I hear people, who will not pay the amount of tax that I pay in one year in their lifetime, complain that the system is not fair. I understand that we need to help those that can't afford quality healthcare and we do that today, as another poster described (indigent/good will reimbursement). My fear is that the new program will enable those who already take advantage of our system another avenue of curruption at the expense of the middle class.

So, please, give it to me straight without all of the Obama hate/adulation.
Just ask your self a fair question...why are the numbers on illegals incl. in the uninsured.

How much will Co op be under Obama's plan, did he even mention it?

In europe treatments have been cut over the years, over and over...why is that? because they have the money or because health care cost were outrageous high and the government couldn't pay for it.

My mother in law knew in 24 hours what was wrong with her, which they didn't know in 20 years in Europe...why? because she was never given a MRI, CAT scan, etc...which they did overhere...

Why are man and woman sharing a room in Hospitals in The Netherlands and in a room with 5 other patients....so 6 per room?

Why do people in The Netherlands get a woman wellness check up, once every 5 years above 35 yrs old and mammograms once every 5 years above 45 years old...Men's check up only when a primary phycian is recommending it after complains with issues? becaus it is too expensive!

Think twice before you get what Europe has!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 10:38 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What is the line for you...what about the illegal who killed some one....when he get's sick what about that person...are you going to do a background check first or are you just giving care to every one and are you willing to pay for it...I know a child is innocent, but you can't draw a line...

What about a 16 yr old "child" (illegal) who is a criminal...and needs care.
you do know that criminals who are in prison get really decent health care, right?

Old 09-10-2009, 10:42 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The bill states in plain English that illegals can't get any federal $$ and it is already against the law for illegals to obtain a Government Insurance Program. How hard is this to comprehend?
So because it's against the law no illegal ever receives medical care? Would it be hard to comprehend they may be breaking the law now? Would it be hard to comprehend that if you create a law and don't have anyway of enforcing that maybe people may continue to break the law?

I haven't looked at this subject much but my understanding is the Democrats have shot down any amendments that would allow this to be enforced. You can put all the words you want down on paper but they are meaningless if they aren't being enforced or there isn't the means to enforce them. How many illegals make contact with law enforcement every day that are simply let go? They don't belong here, they are breaking the law and law enforcement has their hands tied so the law is meaningless, comprehend?

Old 09-10-2009, 10:48 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
proof that ObamaCare will cover illegal immigrants
Congressional Research Service made a few points after reviewing HR3200:

1) H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitzens—whether legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently—participating in the Health Care Exchange."

2) CRS also notes that the bill has no provision for requiring those seeking coverage or services to provided proof of citizenship.

So, absent some major amendments to the legislation and a credible, concrete enforcement effort in action, looks like the myth on this issue is the one being spread by Obama, Reid, Pelosi, et. al.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
So because it's against the law no illegal ever receives medical care? Would it be hard to comprehend they may be breaking the law now? Would it be hard to comprehend that if you create a law and don't have anyway of enforcing that maybe people may continue to break the law?

I haven't looked at this subject much but my understanding is the Democrats have shot down any amendments that would allow this to be enforced. You can put all the words you want down on paper but they are meaningless if they aren't being enforced or there isn't the means to enforce them. How many illegals make contact with law enforcement every day that are simply let go? They don't belong here, they are breaking the law and law enforcement has their hands tied so the law is meaningless, comprehend?
The law is that they don't receive federal money for healthcare, and they cannot get government-provided health coverage. The law is not that they don't get any healthcare. There is a difference. Healthcare. Healthcare insurance. Two different things. There are no "amendments" to be shot down, because the legislation is still just a drafted bill. The bill may be "amended" or changed at any time. The language to such a proposed change was objected to, and didn't make it into the draft. Which doesn't mean that the bill cannot still be changed to make identification requirements more stringent, or that such identification requirements couldn't be passed at a later date. The bill projects changes in our healthcare system that will come about two years from now, plenty of time to come up with a system of identification checks that will ensure that illegal immigrants will not receive federally funded insurance, and also that illegal immigrants will not be legally set on the curb to die.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
The bill states in plain English that illegals can't get any federal $$ and it is already against the law for illegals to obtain a Government Insurance Program. How hard is this to comprehend?
Where's the citizen verification requirement, as medicaid has?

Old 09-10-2009, 10:56 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
The bill specifically states that those who are here illegal will not get federal money to be covered. We also have laws on the books which prohibit illegal Immigrants from receiving any Health Care benefits from a Government sponsored program.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:58 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Congressional Research Service made a few points after reviewing HR3200:

1) H.R. 3200 does not contain any restrictions on noncitzens—whether legally or illegally present, or in the United States temporarily or permanently—participating in the Health Care Exchange."

2) CRS also notes that the bill has no provision for requiring those seeking coverage or services to provided proof of citizenship.

So, absent some major amendments to the legislation and a credible, concrete enforcement effort in action, looks like the myth on this issue is the one being spread by Obama, Reid, Pelosi, et. al.

The bill also states that the government will not provide any funds for those who are here illegally, and laws are already on the books which prevent illegals from obtaining Government sponsored Healthcare.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:58 AM

487 posts, read 636,172 times
Does anyone HONESTLY believe the dems would pass a healthcare bill that wouldn't cover illegal immigrants?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:00 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Just like the law that says people cannot illegally enter the U.S. ...and yet, we have 10+ million illegal immigrants. How did that happen?

Just because a law says something, you think it's going to happen? Citizen verification should be required, just as it is in medicaid. Call/write Obama and the Dems and ask them to add citizen verification to health care reform. See how far that gets you. We'll wait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies