Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:48 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Or do you just assume they just have awful taste in cars.
Yes. Also Volvos are liberal cars. Give me a V8 with a manual transmission and poor gas mileage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm Mike View Post
I can't argue with you there, American car companies suck(maybe not Ford) and the Prius is a good car, I am not knocking it. I am on the road all day long and do notice "car stereotypes".
I heard that . Me too, I drive dump truck for a living. But atleast ford didn't take the government money. But they are shipping most of thier production to mexico. go figure

And my Tacoma was built in California in one of only three Toyota plants that are union, and by Americans.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 PM

127 posts, read 403,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I heard that . Me too, I drive dump truck for a living. But atleast ford didn't take the government money. But they are shipping most of thier production to mexico. go figure

And my Tacoma was built in California in one of only three Toyota plants that are union, and by Americans.

Toyota knows how to control the auto unions - good for them.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:57 PM

989 posts, read 2,498,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm Mike View Post
I can't argue with you there, American car companies suck(maybe not Ford) and the Prius is a good car, I am not knocking it. I am on the road all day long and do notice "car stereotypes".
I totally disagree. I'd rather sit in a Cadillac DTS over a Lexus LS, a Buick Lucerne over a Toyota Camry, a Ford F-150 over a Toyota Tundra, or a Dodge Challenger over a Nissan Z coupe...ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

The American builders are up there with the Japanese as far as reliability. They've caught up and now its really just a perception issue. Where they've always excelled over the Japanese, however, is in flair. pizzaz, punch, and style.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:00 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
I totally disagree. I'd rather sit in a Cadillac DTS over a Lexus LS, a Buick Lucerne over a Toyota Camry, a Ford F-150 over a Toyota Tundra, or a Dodge Challenger over a Nissan Z coupe...ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

The American builders are up there with the Japanese as far as reliability. They've caught up and now its really just a perception issue. Where they've always excelled over the Japanese is in flair and style.
Flair and style don't get you home when the dang thing keeps breakin down. And the sad part about it is, I use to be a proud Ford owner. But never again.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post

The American builders are up there with the Japanese as far as reliability. They've caught up and now its really just a perception issue. Where they've always excelled over the Japanese, however, is in flair. pizzaz, punch, and style.

This is partially false. While it is true that reliability on some models are improving, the Japanese are still at the top for the most part. Most of America disagrees with you, Cash for Clunkers did almost nothing for the big three. American car companies have purposely recycled old technology, used cheap plastics and laughed at the hybrid concept. Oh yeah, they bent over and spread wide for the labor unions- they deserve to fail on that alone.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Flair and style don't get you home when the dang thing keeps breakin down. And the sad part about it is, I use to be a proud Ford owner. But never again.

Absolutely correct!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:55 PM

436 posts, read 908,390 times
I just thank God I drive a Tahoe, as I have a better chance of surviving an accident.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:10 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,795 times
Quote:
Give me a break. A new car from any American manufacturer is not just gonna break down and leave you stranded, unless you're totally clueless on how to maintain it.

As I said, the issue is perception.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:11 AM

615 posts, read 1,693,675 times
That is a very incorrect assumption. Tahoes are horrible in accidents. Go take a look at rollover statistics and mortality for most SUVs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies