Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 03:56 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

All of you expecting that health care/insurance reform was going help you...didn't you think it was going to help you right away?

It appears that, much like the stimulus expenditures, nothing may happen for quite awhile.(Next election time?)

Can you wait that long?

What's your personal situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 04:24 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Don't expect anyone here to lay out their health care situation before jumping into this fray. Even with the anonymity that C-D offers, that would be too honest.

BTW, I have health insurance and, except for the remaining pain of falling from a tree I was trimming two days ago, I am in fairly good health.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:03 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
There have been plenty that have already done so.
I wonder how disappointed they will be to find the help may not be for years....as much as I have wondered how disappointed they may be to realize it may not be as cheap as they have been hoping/assuming.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:06 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
All of you expecting that health care/insurance reform was going help you...didn't you think it was going to help you right away?

It appears that, much like the stimulus expenditures, nothing may happen for quite awhile.(Next election time?)

Can you wait that long?

What's your personal situation?

No .. I can'.. but there was something he menioned that was proposed by John McCain that would immediately help people unil the reform is able to take affect.

For me, it would depend on how fast pre-existing condition measure is enaced in reform.. becasue then I could go ou and get insurance tomorrow if that were made more immediate

And waiing 4 years is far better than waiting forever.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:07 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
No .. I can'.. but there was something he menioned that was proposed by John McCain that would immediately help people unil the reform is able to take affect.

For me, it would depend on how fast pre-existing condition measure is enaced in reform.. becasue then I could go ou and get insurance tomorrow if that were made more immediate

And waiing 4 years is far better than waiting forever.
If we live that long.

Of course, dying with hope is better than living with despair.

Hmm. Sounds iike a pro-choice bumpersticker.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
i have health insurance so i'm not too worried about myself, as long as i can keep my job. this plan is so watered down though; it's basically just an extension of medicaid to a higher income bracket at this point. the whole "let's just trust the insurance companies to have more reasonable prices!" thing is silly. very disappointing, not that i was expecting much.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Thousands of Americans are losing insurance every day.
Thousands every year see a reduction in their health benefits but also see their premiums rise.

I advocate for a single-payer system.

Two years ago my mom had her wisdom teeth removed and insurance paid 80% of the cost. As of today they are paying 60% of the cost. The premiums for our insurance have also gone up and we aren't visiting the doctor any more than we did two years ago.

I could personally think optimistically about the next 4 or 5 years if a single-payer system was going to be instituted in four to five years. That would be true progress.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:13 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
I thought I heard Obama mention those who have a pre-condition and have no insurance because of their condition, this will be resolved very quickly, not the 4 years pertaining to the bulk of the bill.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:14 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times

YouTube - No American Should Have to Choose Between Health Insurance and Getting Drunk

Old 09-10-2009, 05:15 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
Don't need help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies