Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
actually, at the time that this thread was posted, the story was in several national news sources.

within a couple of hours, as details emerged, it was in most if not all of them.

and all of this for a guy who was NOT nationally known before his death and who may not have been targeted for his beliefs.

now i see pro-lifers being quoted as complaining that he's not being treated reverentially enough by the media; i guess because his past legal troubles are being mentioned in passing alongside glowing descriptions of him by people from his town.

seriously, what is with this compulsion to complain about the media, even when what you're complaining about clearly isn't happening?
I guess he stands corrected then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 09:33 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
yeah, except or some reason the OP hasn't seen fit to say "oops i guess i made a mistake", even though i pointed out that the mainstream media was in fact covering the story very early in the thread.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:35 PM

192 posts, read 219,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
She did say "Have a blessed day" on the way out anyway, I hope?

No, she confronted me and told me she has the right to say what she wants because it was her religious beliefs. She was practically in tears when they fired her, she just couldn't understand why it was happening. So the only thing she could think of was that it was because she was a Christian.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:10 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Either way, I'm very pro choice and to kill someone simply because they oppose you ideologically is wrong.
Unless it's an unborn child, right?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:13 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
i'm not aware of any unborn children who oppose me ideologically.

maybe some oppose jetjockey; i can only speak for myself.

your comparison, it is strained.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:24 PM

"Unborn children" are not alive, they don't think, they don't feel. The only way you could think one of these parasites is alive is if you twist the scientific data.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:00 PM

745 posts, read 1,437,732 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc
It is because the national news is so unabashedly LEFT, it is ridiculous !!

Especially NBC News w/ Brian Williams!!
Anti-abortion activist killed near school - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Man in custody for 2 fatal Owosso shootings | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com

Police: Mich. man kills 2, including ... - Google News

So much for your theory.

Ah... perhaps I did not research the coverage on this and solely reacted to the OP post.... my bad!

But.... I do stand by my opinion that the major networks' national news is DISGUSTINGLY non-objective. It is not even sneaky anymore. Completely promotes a left agenda.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 PM

745 posts, read 1,437,732 times
Quote:
"Unborn children" are not alive, they don't think, they don't feel. The only way you could think one of these parasites is alive is if you twist the scientific data.
wow.... you have massive issues. "Parasites"? C'mon... you are trying to get a negative reaction.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:26 AM

Actually, no, I'm not. There are many ways in which the mother's body will try to destroy the pregnancy, there's also many ways in which it tries to keep it alive. If a foetus is alive and abortion is wrong, then colon polyps are alive and surgery is wrong. It's just a clump of cells until about the 2nd trimester when it can actually survive outside the womb on it's own.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:41 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
wow.... you have massive issues. "Parasites"? C'mon... you are trying to get a negative reaction.
Of course a fetus is a parasite. It is totally dependent on the host for existence. If the host dies, the fetus dies. The fetus has no means of getting sustenance except to take it from the body of the host. Short of the qualification that some definitions have that the host and parasite be of different species, fetuses absolutely fulfill the definition of "parasite".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies