Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Lol...I wonder what all those foreign docs and med students I have met who come here for their training meant by, "Whoa...this is awesome!" (regarding our resources, ability to quickly get cutting edge testing and procedures, getting immediate hands-on training, etc)
That includes docs from Mexico, England, Singapore, Russia, Spain, Canada (!), and India...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 08:16 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol...I wonder what all those foreign docs and med students I have met who come here for their training meant by, "Whoa...this is awesome!" (regarding our resources, ability to quickly get cutting edge testing and procedures, getting immediate hands-on training, etc)
That includes docs from Mexico, England, Singapore, Russia, Spain, Canada (!), and India...

Of course, Stan. Any idiot knows that is true. Unfortunately, we have some sub-idiots to deal with. Regarding medical determinations in a non- politically correct era, those IQ ranges were classified as "moron" and "imbecile". We had one neurosurgeon from the old days who still used those terms for IQ ranges. They need to go overseas. It is like transferring a nut to the University for a second opinion. Nuts are pests in a medical practice and need to direct thier own care. I give them what they want- a free ticket out of our practice.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 AM

145 posts, read 171,343 times
If conservatives weren't such hypocrites they'd leave their parents house as soon as they turned 18 and refuse to allow their parents to pay for their college, to help them find employment, etc. Then, they'd get tattoos and dread locks, because they would want to minimize their White privilege as much as possible.

Of course, it is pretty much the rule that conservatives are White, middle class man babies (female conservatives? man babies.) that have never boot strapped a day of their lives.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:24 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Conservatives are mean? Consistently as a trend over the years Conservative and Republicans "donate more to charities and religious Conservatives are far more likely to donate than secular Liberals. The religious people are more likely to give to every kind of cause and charity, including explicitly nonreligious charities. Religious people give more blood; religious people give more to homeless people on the street."

From Arthur Brook's book "Who Really Cares".

I find it amazing that a group of folks who obligate others to donate and enslave people to the state in order to gain power and control over them are considered more caring.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:37 AM

Conservatives enjoy bootstrapping with training wheels and act like it's some kind of life affirming experience of true freedom meanwhile the majority of Blacks and other minorities are forced to boot strap every day of their entire lives. Conservatives are worse than poverty tourists.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babby pueblo View Post
Conservatives enjoy bootstrapping with training wheels and act like it's some kind of life affirming experience of true freedom meanwhile the majority of Blacks and other minorities are forced to boot strap every day of their entire lives. Conservatives are worse than poverty tourists.
Sure. No whites or hispanics are poor and only blacks work.

Hey, at least I did not whine and make excuses for myself and on my own effort and expense, achieved an education and bettered myself.

Whining for your situation is the exclusive property of liberals, who love handouts for bums. If one was not a bum, they would be a conservative, so there is an inherent interest in maintaining the social status quo.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Sure. No whites or hispanics are poor and only blacks work.
Were you too busy boot strapping to notice the "and other minorities" part that came immediately after "Blacks"?

Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
For what it is worth most of the panhandlers and beggars I see in downtown Boston are white males.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:06 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,804,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Complete and utter self-serving nonsense.Foreign docs come here to cash in on the greed system.American interns make mistake after mistake and kill patient after patient walking around in a stupor.
European docs BTW are LESS congenial than american ones as it has no outcome on their income.
American docs know zip other where is my script pad. Chavuanist nonense !

Self serving? I have very long waits for appointments and do not need new patients. I am near the end of my career and can quit now if I want. What gain could I have from just telling you the facts that you don't want to hear?

American physicians do not know anything? What planet do you live on? Again, do a little review of the medical literature and find where those studies are performed.

If you don't like American physicians, that is perfectly okay with me and probably the AMA. Solutions-

1. Go to Europe or Canada for health care. Many insurance companies, including Blue Cross, have provisions for treatment overseas. Please do so, as we do not like patients who are convinced that they are not recieving proper care, as in my experience, most have psychological problems and I do not want them in my practice. I refer them to a medical "Mecca", where they are still unhappy.

2. Use only foriegn doctors in the US. There are plenty here to choose from and you see whoever you want to see. Just choose foriegn docs. Again, most US physicians would not want you as a patient, so it would work out well for both groups. Given that the foriegn trained docs tend to be inferior, they probably have more openings and you can get into them right away.

Interstingly, again, the foriegn docs I know who trained overseas say that thier training programs were awful. The ones who trained in the UK, Canada, and Australia say that thier programs were pretty good. ALL of the docs from overseas who have US training are, of course, the same as a US doc with US training.

If only you knew the european drug and device horror stories that are a result of a poor peer review process and lack of unified organization like the FDA.......................... care for some thalidomide or intradiscal ozone? Go ahead- it is good for you. Why do you think that pharmaceutical companies release drugs and devices in Europe before the US? There is a good reason for that practice. People like you with such strong (and completely wrong) opinons never change those views regardless of the facts. Again- please go overseas- no doc would want you here.[/quote]

Utter claptrap beneath any intelligent respone !

Whay you have to gain is most clear,self justication for a lifetime of self service ,society and others be dammed.

BTW, my primary care doc is a 70 yr old internist,40th year is his practice-who told me on my last visit I am one of the 4-5 best and most reflective
patiends he has ever had.
Of course he is a wise man, the very opposite if the avg. AMA hack.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Conservatives are mean? Consistently as a trend over the years Conservative and Republicans "donate more to charities and religious Conservatives are far more likely to donate than secular Liberals. The religious people are more likely to give to every kind of cause and charity, including explicitly nonreligious charities. Religious people give more blood; religious people give more to homeless people on the street."

From Arthur Brook's book "Who Really Cares".

I find it amazing that a group of folks who obligate others to donate and enslave people to the state in order to gain power and control over them are considered more caring.
Some of those donations to charities by conservatives are to churches, and go for the running of the churches, not to helping people. OTOH, some does go charitable religious organizations, such as Lutheran World Relief. I once read that the wealthy are more likely to donate to arts groups than social service organizations.

Maybe the thing is that some conservatives don't seem to have a lot of "empathy", that is, putting themselves in another's place. Many conservatives on this board refer to anyone who needs any kind of assistance for any amount of time as "losers", for example. Not a lot of "compassionate conservatives" on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies