Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,280,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Society in general is loosing all sense of decorum and show no respect or manners anymore. People feel like they don't HAVE to, and that it's pointless to even try. If they disagree with someone it's open season to call attention to it no matter how rude or inappropriate it may be. It's not a Republican/conservative/Democrat/liberal issue. It's a human issue. And it's scary.

These are desperate times.

The crowd is getting mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 11:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,182,345 times
Default NYT writer avoids his work from 4 years ago while berating Rep. Wilson

One New York Times writer, Carl Hulse, wrote an article about Wednesday's performance during the Obama speech. Now I think at the point that Wilson called him a liar he had just completed one. He said that no illegal aliens would be under his public option and today the Dems added a part to say that they wouldn't be. Of course, that was a lie at the tie but now it isn't.

Oh well, anyway, on 2-3-05 Hulse had mentioned the fact that in his SOTU speech President Bush had been booed by Democrat Congressmen when he said something about Social Security being close to the end. In fact when he said that many people yelled No. No. No. and then booed. Hulse said that but only mentioned that their behavior was not right and went on. When he wrote about Wilson he went as wild as any other left leaning writer as if it was so terrible. I guess it must be because Obama is black that that can't happen. Is it because he is a Democrat that one man yelling that is wrong. One man said that and in the Bush speech at least 30 acted like that.

I haven't seen anything about the 3rd grade teeheeing and giggling performance of the Dems in the next SOTU for Bush in 2006. They really looked like a bunch of 3rd graders when he mentioned how they had stopped any kind of action about SS. Two great civil performances in two years and they have the guts to howl at Wilson.

Good old left leaning double standard in action.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,064,536 times
you'll like this.

NY Times ' Hulse falsely suggested Dem Congress primary defender of congressional earmarks | Media Matters for America

Old 09-11-2009, 11:47 PM

192 posts, read 219,441 times
It's the liberal double standard. These people have REALLY seriously, gone off the deep end. I have heard liberals over here in Maryland and DC suggesting that what this man did was racially motivated. I predicted long before Chairman 0bama was elected that if he came to power that EVERYTHING he did would be about race and that ANY criticism of him would be denounced as "racism" by the left wing loons.

Needless to say I was obviously right.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:49 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,697,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
One New York Times writer, Carl Hulse, wrote an article about Wednesday's performance during the Obama speech. Now I think at the point that Wilson called him a liar he had just completed one. He said that no illegal aliens would be under his public option and today the Dems added a part to say that they wouldn't be. Of course, that was a lie at the tie but now it isn't.
How do you figure it was a lie? Was the bill passed prior to today, which allowed illegal aliens coverage under a public option, and after it's passing, an ammendment was added to disallow illegal immigrants from being granted said coverage under the previously-enacted public option?

I'll help you out: No.

Obama said that illegal aliens would not be granted coverage under a future public option. No bill has been passed regarding said public option, to date. No law has been enacted regarding said public option, to date. So, using our dedutive reasoning skills, we can deduce that what Obama said was not a lie.

If, in the future, a bill is passed, which directly or indirectly allows illegal aliens to be granted coverage under the public option, it could be said that Obama had lied. But, since the bill(s) is still a work-in-progress, anyone who claims that Obama definitely lied about illegal aliens being granted coverage is prematurely doing so.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:50 PM

192 posts, read 219,441 times
Here you go, the commies are such hypocrits it's not even funny.

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU

Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,417,536 times
We might have been able to avoid the disastrous reign of George W. Bush if anyone in the media had done the right thing and actually called him out on his blatant lies that he spewed in the debates against Al Gore. It's too bad the following couldn't have been his "I dodged bullets when we landed in Bosnia" moment that would have cost him the election.

In the 2000 debate in St. Louis, Bush said the following:
Quote:
BUSH: . . . I do support a national patient's bill of rights. As a matter of fact, I brought Republicans and Democrats together to do just that in the State of Texas to get a patient's bill of rights through. . . We have one of the most advanced patient's bill of rights. . . But we did something else that was interesting. We're one of the first states that said you can sue an HMO for denying you proper coverage. . . It's time for our nation to come together and do what's right for the people, and I think this is right for the people. You know, I support a national patient's bill of rights, Mr. Vice President, and I want all people covered. I don't want the law to supersede good law like we've got in Texas. I think --

. . .

If I'm the president, we're going to have emergency room care, we're going have gag orders, we're going to have direct access to OB/GYN. People will be able to take their HMO insurance company to court. That's what I've done in Texas and that's the kind of leadership style I'll bring to Washington.

CPD: 2000 Debate Transcript (http://www.debates.org/pages/trans2000c_p.html - broken link)
Oh Rly???? Let's talk about what really happened in Texas under his "leadership", shall we?
Quote:
Bush fought such a bill tooth and nail as Texas governor, vetoing a bill coauthored by Republican state Rep. John Smithee in 1995. He had his insurance commissioner draft into law some of the less controversial bits of the bill -- like letting women choose gynecologists as their primary-care doctors -- but constantly opposed a patient's right to sue an HMO over coverage denied that resulted in adverse health effects. Faced with a vetoproof majority in 1997, he had his legislative aide, Vance McMahan, do everything he could to sabotage the bill, to the point that Republican legislators complained on the floor of the Texas Senate. Then, faced with a vetoproof majority, Bush let the bill become law without his signature.

Patients bill alive, for now - Salon.com
Well, we elected the lying sack, but let's see if he at least kept his word that as President he'd support a Patient's Bill of Rights that allowed people to sue their HMOs. Hmmmm.
Quote:
On Monday, the White House summoned Rep. Charlie Norwood, R-Ga., who had helped draft the [Patient's Bill of Rights] legislation last year, and another main supporter, Rep. Greg Ganske, R-Iowa, to meet with President Bush's advisors on healthcare. . . During the three-hour meeting, Norwood and Ganske, a dentist and a reconstructive surgeon, were asked not to introduce their bill. . .

After the meeting, Norwood announced that this year he wouldn't introduce the bill, once commonly referred to as "Norwood-Dingell," after him and co-sponsor Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich. "Norwood says that while he fully supports the most recent bipartisan patients rights legislation," according to a Monday press release from Norwood's office, "he has chosen to give the new Bush administration more time to formulate their position on the issue before cosponsoring the new bill". . .

To critics, the major snag consists of provisions that would lift federal restrictions preventing HMO patients from suing their providers over unfair coverage denials.
Well I'll be a son of a gun. I didn't see that one coming.

And that was probably the least of that son-of-a-b!t@#'s lies!

He's a liar, so I called (and call) him a liar.

But even I know better than to be so crass as to shout "You LIAR" to the (then-)President's face in a joint session of Congress.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:42 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,446,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And how many Dems actually even thought of apologizing? This just goes to prove yet again that dems have no honor.

It just goes to show (again) that you have no clue

Old 09-12-2009, 12:49 AM

403 posts, read 533,696 times
f*ck george w bush.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:12 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,529,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And how many Dems actually even thought of apologizing? This just goes to prove yet again that dems have no honor.
I'm not a Dem but why should we apologize for calling Bush a Liar?
He stood in front of Congress and the American people and stated that Saddam Hussien had WMDS.
He had Colin Powell state that IRAQ & Saddam had WMDS in front of the United Nations which he was disgraced for.
After a full scale invasion of IRAQ our troops couldn't find any WMDs but 4200 of our troops found their deaths based on faulty intellegence.

Hans Blix of the UN said Saddam did not posses WMDS and their was no evidence either. Did we listen to him? NO and the reason is IRAQ was a pre meditated War far before the events of 9/11.
Go read Project for the New American Century where Dick Cheney, Wolfowitz, Bill Kristol and other Neo Cons endorse "regime" change in IRAQ.

That nation was never a threat to the US but the fear that swept the US after 9/11 sold the invasion lock, stock & barrel and Bush, Cheney and his cabal took advantage of American fear. If Saddam or Iraq was to ever attack us with "WMDs" Baghdad would have been a radioactive parking lot in 30 minutes.
Saddam may have been the biggest piece of crap to ever govern a nation but he wasn't about to attack the US.
Now Obama has to clean up Dubya's & the GOP's fuc*ing diahrrea while the douchebag G NO P is worried about his birth certificate, death panels and if illegals will be covered under healthcare reform as we give free healthcare to Iraqis!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies