Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The only actual reason for severing ties is that whackjobs have to be counted just as much as sensible people do, and at least some whackjobs have been pushed to such a degree of irrational fear of ACORN that their willingness to cooperate with Census enumerators could be called into question if there were a continued association. There is no other reason. More than 80,000 community groups just like ACORN are working with the Census Bureau to help recruit enumerators. The only difference is that the disinformation media have not decided to wage a war of outright lies against any of them.
I demand a recount Obama stole the election. I refuse to follow a president that stole the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
In other words you cant name any because you dont know of any.
You dont know what you're talking about.
Wow...that was persuasive.

You really want me to name all of the organizations that do the same work here in my community? No, the names don't matter....the work gets done and NONE of it is done by ACORN. People here register to vote, kids get into Head Start and other early learning programs, we have programs for affordable housing, services for abused women and children, adult language classes to learn English, job placement services, classes at the community colleges, free tax preparation at the library, food pantries, clothing donation sites, resources and group homes to help men transition out of prison, college opportunities for kids coming from low income homes....
Want me to print out the entire section of the phone book because I don't know all the names of all of the organizations but have worked with or am familiar with many listed above. Again, NONE of these programs are affiliated with ACORN, we get along just fine without them.

IF you were active in your community surely you would know about other such organizations....or you could just get out your phone book.

Granted, AFAIK Santa Claus and Mickey Mouse didn't get to register to vote here and I'm pretty sure our housing organizations aren't sponsoring any brothels. I don't know of any charity that will help you keep illegal child sex workers as 'foreign exchange students' or coach you to lie to the IRS on tax forms....haven't heard anything about state investigations, fraud or embezzlement either so maybe we are missing out on not having an ACORN office in the neighborhood.

Last edited by NCyank; 09-12-2009 at 12:02 AM..

Old 09-11-2009, 11:28 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Come to think of it, I've never lived in an area where ACORN offered services and still the communities had all of the same services I listed above (if applicable). Do you want me to print the phone book for all the places I've ever lived??

Old 09-11-2009, 11:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
ACORN's motto---a brothel in every neighborhood. Roll eyes.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:57 PM

192 posts, read 219,883 times
It really surprises me how liberals will defend the indefendable, they will lie and say it didn't happen even though it is on video. Video doesn't lie, there is no "conservative spin" to this. ACORN and the liberals support child prostitution, why is that so hard to fathow? Whenever a sex offender goes to jail the liberal is more concerned with getting the sex offender treatment than they are with helping the REAL victim.

I thought democrats like minorities? Is this how you show your liking? By offering up advice to enslave their young women to life times of prostitution? Good going, libs.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:03 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
I could see dollar signs in the eyes of the ACORN workers. I could see them planning on helping them set up the brothel for some of the profits. Wonder just how many houses they already own of this type?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:06 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Another win for conservatives.

Thank you Fox News for being persistent!

Barry's Kingdom is crumbling one stone at a time!

Once we can rid him of all his corrupt Chicago slum-politic ways, maybe we'll see the change he promised.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 AM

296 posts, read 273,461 times
You notice the tax lady would never say what her husband did. She used him as an example of what you do when someone asks you a question you don't like. She said when people ask her about her husband she mentions how nice the weather has been (allegedly because it is none of their business). Anybody want to place some money on her husband working a legit job? Although I'm sure she could figure out a way to make crack dealer sound like something else.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:52 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
...... Although I'm sure she could figure out a way to make crack dealer sound like something else.
How about "Undocumented Pharmacist".

Old 09-12-2009, 04:44 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
ACORN's motto---a brothel in every neighborhood. Roll eyes.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

The brothels are already there, whether you like it or believe it or not.

If you formalize them, you can license them, tax them, and mandate that the sex workers get regular health exams.

Acorn is only trying to broaden the tax base to help with the budget deficits, promote the general welfare of the public, take crime off the streets, and provide a safe environment for trade to occur. What's wrong with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies